Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fate of the Nation - Secede or Unionize (All players)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

An emergency telegram is sent a few days ago to every Governor and Delegate, calling them to an emergency meeting of the council on this day at this time.

Gollvieg sits in the council chambers alone, waiting for others to come. In front of him is a small burner heating up a pot of tea, a pitcher of milk, a jar of sugar and several tea bowls stacked into a tower. On his right is a legal document declaring Aberisk's intention to stay in Echain, on his left is an identical one declaring Aberisk's intention to Secede. In front of him is a red folder with no writing or marks on it. To pass the time Gollvieg is reading a fascinating paper written earlier this year by an English Mathematician named Alan Turing, the title of the paper is: Proposed Electronic Calculator.

View user profile
Alexander receiving the message rushes to the location with the very operative that was sent to Vietnam, the imposing bodyguard quickly intimidates the local populace which clears space for Alexander to get to the location quickly.

When he arrives he instructs the bodyguard to wait outside before straitening his tie and entering the building. After a brief conversation with the receptionist he heads to the Council Chamber with haste picking up some documents he has handy on the discussion of secession located in his office.

Alexander enters the chamber and utters a few words to Governor Gollvieg.

"Good evening Governor, it seems I am the first to arrive. I trust others will be here shortly."

Alexander orders a drink and sits solemnly looking through his documents which at a glance look like military plans and local fortifications, the region of which these are directed at is not identifiable.

View user profile
Governor Chaos_Ryder Walks into the Room Confidently Smiling at the 2 men as he takes a seat. He sits close to Alexander but not so close to make him uncomfortable. He too orders a drink and looks at the papers Alexander is studying with a Wry grin that does not reach his Cold Focused eyes.

"Good evening Gentlemen, I Trust you are feeling well today! A little too balmy but nothing a good drink can't cure!"

He laughs at his own "joke" and surveys the room with the Strange expression of the amused smile and cold eyes.

View user profile
Alexander moves slightly to hide the documents.

"Good evening Governor I trust Versberg is....... very secessionist, whoops I meant calm this evening?."

Alexander grins and chuckles to himself before drinking his tea that looks rather milky.

View user profile
"Welcome Gentlemen, we are currently waiting for more people to come." Gollvieg pours two bowls of tea, a pleasant lightly sweet peppermint smell comes from the pot. "Milk and sugar?"

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:"Welcome Gentlemen, we are currently waiting for more people to come." Gollvieg pours two bowls of tea, a pleasant lightly sweet peppermint smell comes from the pot. "Milk and sugar?"

"Milk and two sugars. Although you already know that."

View user profile
Gollvieg takes two teaspoons of sugar and stirs it into the hot tea with a bamboo tea brush. He then adds a small dollop of cream to the tea while making a small design on the surface. He passes the bowl to Alexander with care.

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:Gollvieg takes two teaspoons of sugar and stirs it into the hot tea with a bamboo tea brush. He then adds a small dollop of cream to the tea while making a small design on the surface. He passes the bowl to Alexander with care.

"Thank you, just like normal."

Alexander sighs before taking a sip and returning to his documents which now look like a log of recent bills passed in the US Congress of which he takes interest in including one a few months ago granting independence to the Philippines. He ponders Americas willingness to give the Philippines independence yet make Japan a state.

View user profile
the Governor smiles at Alexander's Remark and Chuckles harder when he moves the documents out of view. The laughter seems more genuine than the smiles seen earlier.

"I hope I won't offend Gollvieg, but I'll stick my drink. Takes a good punch to clear my mind after all these years. And yes, Versberg is still, Very much Secessionist."

The Governor Audibly sighs at this and takes a larger than normal sip of his drink.

"I love my People but I feel like sometimes I'm leading a pack of mules who are perfectly content to stay exactly where they are."

View user profile
"Well whatever happens Governor I am sure Echain and Versberg will remain united, if not in political terms but in the common bond that unites all Echaini together as one. I don't envy your position but I may soon be in it myself, a recent poll have shown 48% of Southport wishes to secede. I will fight with everything I have to make sure that does not happen."

Alexander is visibly red faced and irritated.

View user profile
"Hopefully we can preform Secession in a way that lets the people of Versberg have their own country but lets us unify against external forces. I understand completely Alexander, The support for Secession in Versberg is about 93% if it makes you feel better."

Chaos Finishes his drink.

"The Americans are what worries me the most now. The Versberg Secession makes positioning difficult which makes me more nervous. Sun Tzu says 'The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.'..... I'd say our position is fairly assailable at the moment."

View user profile
"I see what you mean, making Japan a state indicates clearly Americas intent for the region. Who knows what they will do next, as much as I support the Democrats in the US I would not be particularly moved if President Truman were to lose an election or be impeached. Maybe a different President would be more......anti colonial?. Damn it, it is times like this that I wish Roosevelt just ran again with Henry Wallace, if he were President at this time I doubt we would be dealing with this.

If we are to survive I think there are only two options left for us. The complete separation of the nation into independent countries that have a strong unifying bond with each other with a pledge to build military forces and an agreement to aid each other in times of war if said war is defensive. The second option and the one I must say I prefer is unifying strongly into one proper nation, destroy the Constitution and re-write one with the intent of making Echain far more united. Perhaps like the American states but a little more unified than that even. It has become more and more clear that the status-quo has failed."

View user profile
Governor Alexander wrote:"I see what you mean, making Japan a state indicates clearly Americas intent for the region. Who knows what they will do next, as much as I support the Democrats in the US I would not be particularly moved if President Truman were to lose an election or be impeached. Maybe a different President would be more......anti colonial?. Damn it, it is times like this that I wish Roosevelt just ran again with Henry Wallace, if he were President at this time I doubt we would be dealing with this.

If we are to survive I think there are only two options left for us. The complete separation of the nation into independent countries that have a strong unifying bond with each other with a pledge to build military forces and an agreement to aid each other in times of war if said war is defensive. The second option and the one I must say I prefer is unifying strongly into one proper nation, destroy the Constitution and re-write one with the intent of making Echain far more united. Perhaps like the American states but a little more unified than that even. It has become more and more clear that the status-quo has failed."

"Mention the bastard Roosevelt in a positive light and I will spit. That disgusting Imperialist fuck is the reason why we had the whole damn war. If that shit did not support the Imperialist Chinese the Japs would have attacked the Soviets and never would have been forced to come down south."

Gollvieg's tone is full of poison and undisguised murderous rage. Gollvieg does not use profanity, in fact this is the first time anyone heard him use profanity.

View user profile
With the sound of heavy boots on the marble floor and the clanking of the cavalry sabre at his side, Governor Lorinbas arrives, as always giving view to what could be described as the very example of an Echaini aristocrat.

"Good evening Gentlemen.
So what is the reason for this gathering? Has Felix finely moved his lazy ass and called in the Counsel again? Or are we here to talk about the fact that 'Mr. Democracy, Freedom and Big Bombs', is a laying piece of shit and that we should trust the Americans not for a single centimetre of the bloody way? Or is it because Versberg has finely pulled the secession trigger because 'Versberg is so great and we can totally live on our own, because Central is totally not willing to reduce every building in Versberg to ash and to string up every traitor on a flagpole'? So, what is it?"

The Governor looks around the table with the face reddened by anger before letting himself fall on one of the free chairs besides Gollvieg.

View user profile
Governor Lorinbas wrote:With the sound of heavy boots on the marble floor and the clanking of the cavalry sabre at his side, Governor Lorinbas arrives, as always giving view to what could be described as the very example of an Echaini aristocrat.

"Good evening Gentlemen.
So what is the reason for this gathering? Has Felix finely moved his lazy ass and called in the Counsel again? Or are we here to talk about the fact that 'Mr. Democracy, Freedom and Big Bombs', is a laying piece of shit and that we should trust the Americans not for a single centimetre of the bloody way? Or is it because Versberg has finely pulled the secession trigger because 'Versberg is so great and we can totally live on our own, because Central is totally not willing to reduce every building in Versberg to ash and to string up every traitor on a flagpole'? So, what is it?"

The Governor looks around the table with the face reddened by anger before letting himself fall on one of the free chairs besides Gollvieg.

OOC: >_> ... Sup Lorinbas. Aberisk is seceding before Versberg. Rolling Eyes

IC: "That is one of the topics I wish to discuss today. Tea?"

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:

OOC: Are you kidding me?! You can not be serious..... Shocked

View user profile
Governor Lorinbas wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:

OOC: pirat mmmmmmaaaaaaayyyyybbbbbeeeee, maybe not Twisted Evil

I'm also an American Spy Wink

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Lorinbas wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:

OOC: pirat mmmmmmaaaaaaayyyyybbbbbeeeee, maybe not Twisted Evil

I'm also an American Spy Wink

OOC: Well than, lets see how this turns out.

IC: Tea? Well, why not. Maybe it will calm my nerves, I have been bursting with anger since I heard about the talks of secession in some areas and about Japan.

View user profile
"In my opinion secession is how do I put this?. Absolutely by far the most stupid thing I have ever heard, I have already been discussing this with a couple people but here it is anyway. What happens when Echain finds itself at war with another nation?, even if we had a bigger army, navy, air force the enemy would have a President Trump card you see?. This power could just simply invade through a now weakened and almost defenceless Versberg, one region alone would have nowhere near enough power to defend from invasion and so would fall easily thus giving a perfect land route to the invasion of Echain. This means in the event of war people like the Admiral would be left with two options for the safety of Echain, 1) Blockade Versberg and prevent an enemy naval presence, probably starving the people of Versberg and being tantamount to declaring war. 2) Invade and quickly occupy all of Versberg so it can be treated like a normal region of Echain.

View user profile
"I Would tend to agree Alexander, that is a very valid concern. The perceived Weakness of Versberg would invite some Unwanted problems that would be difficult to fix. If I came out against Secession however they would undoubtedly replace me and continue on try to leave anyhow. At least now I can reduce the negative effects of the Secession."

The Governor then looks intensely at Lorinbas.

"I understand the difficulty of your situation Governor and the Stress you must be under, but if you EVER threaten Versberg or any of its people again I will hang you by your Blue-Blooded Toes and Flay you Alive. Is that clear?"

View user profile
Grifenknight walks into the room...

Good day, kind sirs.  I see you have already started a discussion without half the Council, but I can excuse that.

However, I did hear word of sessesion as I entered the room and I have a few counter measures for that. Very Happy
1)  We can collectivly embargo the region that seceded.  I'm sure neither Versberg nor Aberisk are self-reliant enough to deal with that.
2)  We can enforce it by sending out police and other forces to counter any smuggling they attempt.

This will make sure that they suffer for their choices until they decide to rejoin the nation. I believe this would be better than Alexander's plan because it would be the people of said region that would be joining us, not us forcing them into doing it. Very Happy

View user profile
Ceca Sander closely followed Grifenknight in, entering the room at a brisk pace

"Secession!? What makes anyone worth their law degree believe that they can secede from Echain!?"

He pointed to his predecessor.

"I'm with him! Who secede must bleed, as far as I'm concerned. In fact... eh, let's not go there yet."

View user profile
"Gentleman please it is a bit to early to bring out the war drums!. We are still waiting on Governor Felix, Whiskey and the Moff. Then we can get in to the options before us."

View user profile
Chaos Continues to bristle as more people arrive and comment, quite aggressively, about Secession. He opens his mouth to speak but Alexander speaks before him. He closes his mouth and orders another drink.

View user profile
Grifen grabs a cup of seat and takes his seat.
Chaos, may I ask for your honest opinion concerning the secesion? You may have answered this earlier, but I wasn't here when you all started discussing.

I would like to, also, state that there are other options other than war or seceding. We can rig the votes if necessary. Start a false referendum vote and change the outcome. This could possibly lead to people dropping thr matter once there find out that thr unionists are the "majority". However, this could have some consequences.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum