Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 6-1069
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fate of the Nation - Secede or Unionize (All players)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Gollvieg, may I ask how a shitty region without any real scientific power, compared to the US, is able to research, design and build these things?  I, also, find it extremely disheartening as a player to see that your building "super weapons" magically while the rest of us are actually building a nation.

OOC: These super weapons are actually real, I have been building them, the concept, construction and use of these weapons are extremely easy and requires a very basic understanding of science and the reason no one have ever employed these weapons is because they are so evil that it is quite literally UNTHINKABLE for anyone who has a tiny shred of morality.

OOC: WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS CHARACTER??? The lack of morality is really frightening...

View user profile
Governor Grifenknight wrote:
Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  Gollvieg, may I ask how a shitty region without any real scientific power, compared to the US, is able to research, design and build these things?  I, also, find it extremely disheartening as a player to see that your building "super weapons" magically while the rest of us are actually building a nation.

OOC: These super weapons are actually real, I have been building them, the concept, construction and use of these weapons are extremely easy and requires a very basic understanding of science and the reason no one have ever employed these weapons is because they are so evil that it is quite literally UNTHINKABLE for anyone who has a tiny shred of morality.

OOC:  WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS CHARACTER??? The lack of morality is really frightening...

OOC: Because history and popular media forget that in real life, these people exist and they play an extremely important role in history to protect and preserve all life, to ensure peace, and to end strife. They go down as the most disgustingly evil and monstrous people in history, that is if anyone remembers them.

View user profile
Chaos sighs and puts down his drink.

"Gentleman, all of this is really unnecessary. The only one advocating for war here is Governor Lorinbas and as he has repeatedly demonstrated, he is an idiot. Let The Cooler heads prevail and let's talk about a way to appease the citizens of the regions while still maintaining our closeness and alliance against outside forces. If we are smart all that will change is a couple of names."

OOC: Love you lorinbas Very Happy

View user profile
"it's perfectly okay, we all need to let our true feelings out here if we are going to come to a peaceful solution. Please Sir Lorinbas, read the declaration one more time." Cool

View user profile
"I am an idiot? If I am an idiot, at least I am an idiot with honour intact, an idiot who does not sit on his little island up north-west will battles rage in the east. An idiot proud to shed blood, my own or the enemies, whoever they maybe, to keep Echain intact, now and forever!"

He puts the chair back in position and lets himself fall violently on said chair, after that he takes up the declaration Gollvieg handed to him and reads through it again.

The expressions on the Governors face shift. First anger and disappointment are replaced by confusion, then said confusion by what can be described as dawning understanding.
Moments later his face shows a stern, hard look.

"I withdraw my resistance to Governor Gollviegs demands,..."

View user profile
"I am guessing by your reaction that you see the fine print of the document. Yes, it is true the Aberisk will secede from The Republic of Echain. But it also state the we will not respect and acknowledge the demands of the Constitution. No where does it say that Aberisk will stand alone as her own country or that she will not merge with any other seceding Region.

This Gentlemen, is purely a simple and legal way of dissolving the Constitution and reforming Echain. The people will be happy for they get to secede from the weak Echaini Republic, we get to destroy that terrible Constitution, and no poorly designed system designed to ransom the basic function of a nation can stop us."

Gollvieg passes out the second legal document, it details Aberisk's intention to merge the Region, taking all of her resources, technology, equipment and expertise and combining it with any Region that wishes to secede with her, creating a united Super Region. Effectively turning a couple desperate small weak Regions into a National power. This Board of Directors will be the equal to the CoG but instead of drawing imaginary line in the sand, each Director is responsible for the whole nation in the category for which he is best suited for.

"We have all been sequestering ourselves in our own Regions, each of one us deciding to focus on a topic that interests us the most, all the while our Regions fall into disrepair because we forget about the other things that make up a strong nation, instead of thinking of ourselves as a Ruler of an entire nation, why not join together and focus on what we are good at while the others do what they are good at and we all gain the benefits?"

View user profile
Alexanders eyes light up.

"I see, we get rid of this weak Republic and replace it with a new nation. I like this idea, however what if some regions refuse?. Other than that I would be perfectly willing to secede under these circumstances."

View user profile
Governor Gollvieg, you once again show yourself to be most ignorant. Not just in your childish pursuits and opportunism, nay, hyenism, but also your complete disregard for the Law. You say you will follow the Constitution and secede, yet the Constitution does not allow a Region to legally secede, and thus those two are incompatible. Either stop making assumptions, or stop with these blatant lies and platitudes which are meant to obfuscate your vile motives.

It seems Echain dies today, my colleagues. Versberg will go, because its shepherds were lead by the sheep and Aberisk will secede due to monstrous ambition and nihilistic disregard for any semblance of order which doesn't begin at the trigger and end at the muzzle.

It seems quite likely that others will follow. Plainsdale, with its wildly different political ideology, perhaps Northport, which would find itself but tangentially connected to the husk of Echain. And then - Central with Southport can build their monarchy.

It is a bleak prediction, and I pray it does not come to pass, yet I have little power to stop this catastrophe. Inter arma silent leges, and I foolishly hoped we could be civilised, and not rabble following but the basest of impulses. I spent my time and effort crafting laws for a nation which rejects them, and is now tearing itself apart.

Yet, Eastport will stand committed to its ideals. We invite any similarly thinking Regions, zones, cities and villages, to pledge allegiance to a stronger Echain, to the faithful Core of our great nation. We stand for democracy, for western values, for peace and for law.

Members of the Core, Coreites, will preserve what was built. We will preserve Echain, we will preserve its laws, and we will inherit its prosperity. We will not lash out against those foolish enough to leave a commonwealth in its infancy, in its time of gravest need.

Furthermore, the Core lays claim on Echain's national agencies and its military, as the true inheritor and continuation of Republic of Echain.

View user profile
"Careful now Governor Felix, what you are proposing is civil war."

View user profile
"We will not lash out against those foolish enough to leave a commonwealth in its infancy, in its time of gravest need."

I understand you are a political neophyte, but one of the first things you'll have to learn is to listen and read thoroughly. I am, in fact, proposing the opposite. However I disagree with Governor Ryder's decision, and however I find Gollvieg detestable, I am against a war, military or economic, against either new pseudo-nation.

Instead, I wish to affirm the union of the remaining sensible Regions, so as to prevent further fracturing of the Nation.

View user profile
Felix Clary zu Osegg wrote:"We will not lash out against those foolish enough to leave a commonwealth in its infancy, in its time of gravest need."

I understand you are a political neophyte, but one of the first things you'll have to learn is to listen and read thoroughly. I am, in fact, proposing the opposite. However I disagree with Governor Ryder's decision, and however I find Gollvieg detestable, I am against a war, military or economic, against either new pseudo-nation.

Instead, I wish to affirm the union of the remaining sensible Regions, so as to prevent further fracturing of the Nation.

"In doing so you are casting away all other options and making it so regions WILL secede."

View user profile
"If there is any Region that wishes to follow a Constitution that does not even acknowledge their existence, one that is rigid and takes no account of changing times and changing needs, one that purposefully divide our nation into tiny little Fiefdoms, one that no one in the entire nation respects, then they are free to do so. I only wish to convey the fact that a grand majority of the nation wishes for the abolition of that scrap of trash and I am fulfilling the wishes of the people."

The Combined Economic, Technological, and Military power of the Super Region will outstrip any one individual Region. Those that try to stand alone will have to form their own Super Region if they want to compete.

We been treating ourselves as micronations when the fact is if we all combine together, we actually form a power that is equal to one State."

View user profile
Gollvieg already announced his choice. Governor Ryder did the same, and hid it behind popular opinion.

Thus, there is no sense in negotiating with Governor Ryder - instead, we'd have to negotiate with the "people" of Versberg. And I will not be pushed by a brutish nihilist like Gollvieg proved himself to be time and time again.

Ergo, from where I'm sitting, they will go. And I am content to let them do so. In fact, if you decide to wheel and deal with that... chinaman, Eastport will oppose to the fullest degree.

As for your point, brute, Constitutions can change. They shouldn't change often, and especially not in their first year. Yes, they have certain rigidity, but - oh, I forgot, you're used to your "emperors" and "warlords", right? And that's all you are and can be, in your mind - a petty false warlord.

Also, I respect the Constitution. I believe other Governors and Regions do - in fact, respect for the Constitution is perhaps the only thing I and Governor Whiskers agree on.

And don't spew the rhetoric of cooperation. You know full well that closer ties between regions were developing. You saw first hand how we can further unite and yet relinquish little of our Region's individuality. You want nothing but power - power over your own people, who in your mind are nothing but slaves of Emperor Gollvieg, and power over other Regions, who should, after all, be mere vassals, groveling at the feet of the Mandate of Heaven.

Tell me, Gollvieg. Do you Chinese have hell? Because I'd like to picture the room that's being prepared for you and your bullying ilk.

View user profile
"I personally agree with you Gollvieg, although I doubt the people of Versberg will agree. The idea of an independent Versberg is incredibly important to them. I fear we must find a way to compromise with them or they will replace me and do as they will, and may become influenced by the violent Radical part of the Secession movement.

Also Felix I defy you to find a democracy where the will of the people does not matter. Yes I listen to the people of Versberg, as any person in a DEMOCRACY should. Also Secession is 93% supported, if not for MY influence, they would have left already."

View user profile
I believe you could've done more, Governor Ryder, but I understand your predicament. I do not take offence at your actions, and while regrettable, if the situation truly is that dire, I see no other solution but secession.

Who I do take offence at, is Gollvieg, who is trying to solicit power by threatening to leave Echain - very well, I call his bluff. While I will miss people of Aberisk, I will certainly not miss their ill-minded "leader".

View user profile
"I find it funny that you call me a nihilist because I do believe in things such as hope, peace, and idealism. I believe in the sanctity of all life. That is why I fully and truly understand the implication of Japan becoming a State of the USA. It means that this world is destined to suffer the nuclear fires of Nagasaki. No corner of the world can escape it, and no one is safe from it. We remain the sole bastion of the Anti-nuclear Proliferation Movement in this world and it is our duty to make sure that neither the Soviets or the US push the other into a situation where destroying the planet is considered and acceptable option.

As for you claim of me soliciting more power, ha, that is simply not true. I never wanted to be in the position of Governor but as there was literally no one else stepping up to the plate. I have built up Aberisk to the point where she can survive without me, after this decision I intend to resign as Governor. I leave her the entirety of my work and possessions to do with whatever she wishes."

View user profile
I stand behind Felix. It seems like Versberg has no choice and Aberisk is foolish enough to believe that other regions will give up their independence to join a "super-region".

Felix and I will remain to preserve this union if necessary and hopefully, some of you will join us.

He looks at Alexander and Cece Sanders...

View user profile
*Felix loudly laughs at Gollvieg's statements, and it takes him a couple minutes to calm down*

*With tears of laughter glistening in his eyes*
You must really be delusional.
*Parodies Gollvieg's voice*
"It is the sacred duty of ours to make sure two incomparably more powerful nations don't destroy each other"

Jesus, don't you hear yourself? Have you ever seen a mosquito stop a murder? Because that's what you're saying. Any decent mosquito has the sacred duty to stop all the murders in the world. You're ridiculous.

As for your platitudes of resignation, if I remember correctly, you didn't want to take on the role of Governor simply because all that red tape would tangle your slimy, greedy hands. Do you think any of us believe you wouldn't get miraculously re-elected with overwhelming share of the vote? After all, you Chinese are not known for your respect for democracy - or any true integrity, for that matter.

Of course, you also managed to miss my point. You are trying to leverage more power over the whole nation by waving your stick of secession.

View user profile
Mister Gollveig, if your intend was constitutional reform, why didn't you... I don't know... propose to reform the constitution!? What this is is blackmail and subversion and I will not stand for it. Waltens will not submit its autonomy to some Aberisk-led 'super region'. If you still wish to secede, go ahead, and know that I will support the Union and the present constitution and am willing to use force to secure their preservation.

If you truly wish to discuss governmental reform, drop the legal toiletpaper *the governor waves with his copy of the decleration of independence*, drop the subversion, schemes and talk of superweapons, and call for a goddamn actual constitutional congress!

View user profile
Governor Ceca Sander wrote:Mister Gollveig, if your intend was constitutional reform, why didn't you... I don't know... propose to reform the constitution!? What this is is blackmail and subversion and I will not stand for it. Waltens will not submit its autonomy to some Aberisk-led 'super region'. If you still wish to secede, go ahead, and know that I will support the Union and the present constitution and am willing to use force to secure their preservation.

If you truly wish to discuss governmental reform, drop the legal toiletpaper *the governor waves with his copy of the decleration of independence*, drop the subversion, schemes and talk of superweapons, and call for a goddamn actual constitutional congress!

"Because my dear friend. I found out that for the past several months someone have been sabotaging the council. Any attempts at a discussion have been blocked, any attempt to call a council session have been met with silence, anyone attempting to speak and have their voice heard is instead shown the door, over three months have been wasted and for what? So that one man can ransom the very basic and essential function of our government.

I knew that the Serpent would not go willingly to his own execution so I created a situation where he would be forced to come out of hiding in order to preserve his own power."

Gollvieg takes the two fake documents that he prepared and burn them with the burner. The flames light up the shadows and a silent rage can be seen upon Gollveig's face, accented by the flames.

"Please explain to everyone here why you have been refusing to call a session and returning the countless missives by everyone present, Traitor of Wellington? "

View user profile
Chaos Begins to laugh uncontrollably.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA.......*inhales* it was a set-up the whole time? Even if it wasn't and your bull-Sh*ting me right now that is hilarious. Well how will you respond Felix?"

View user profile
Because of two reasons. First, I am quite busy, as unlike you, I invested significant effort into improving bureaucracy and local government in my Region; unfortunately, this came at the cost of significant growing pains, which exhibited themselves by temporary need for my direct intervention in countless endeavours, resulting in me not having the time to properly execute my duties as the Foreman.

Second reason was that no immediately important business was proposed, and thus calling a Session would be superfluous. Trust me, if you sent a proposal for Constitutional change, a Session would be called no matter how little time I'd have.

But you didn't do that. You're too much of a coward and charlatan to do so. instead, you play stupid and childish games.
Not to mention the fact that you are my deputy Foreman, and thus I trusted you'd prepare a Session if one was needed, and I wasn't able to do so.

Yet, you didn't do that. Instead, you moved to usurp the full powers of the Foreman by instigating your own false sessions, which I was forced to attend, if only to make clear that they are not sanctioned by me, and that they were not even discussed with me.

In short, you abused the authority I lend you, you intentionally worked against me so that I would be hampered and disadvantaged, you blackmailed the Council, you lied, and, let's not forget, you spew nonsense about serpents and Echain stopping a war between the two greatest powers on this Earth.

So who here is unfit? A man who did his best and fell short due to a betrayal? Or the cheat, the lunatic, the schemer, and the betrayer.

I am almost sorry for Governor Whiskers. Compared to you, chinaman, he's a veritable saint!

Oh. I forgot one thing. Do you know how much lives Willington saved? Do you know why Eastport is the most preserved of all the other Regions? Because while you, Gollvieg, were playing soldiers in the jungle, the awful Traitor worked night and day to actually serve his people, to actually protect them. I do not blame the locals who resisted - they thought with their hearts, filled by love for their motherland. But you - you are nothing but a broken husk who simply wanted to shoot a couple more Japanese soldiers after you soiled your pants at every mention of Mao.

The only traitor here is you. Only you betrayed your homeland - and now you betray this nation with your sickening power-mongering.

View user profile
*Governor Sander glares at Gollveig*

Christ, man. These theatrics were completely unwarranted. Could you have honestly not brought this issue to the table without bringing the country to the brink of civil war?

View user profile
Gollvieg sits back and allow Felix to rant like a cornered animal.

"If you were truly busy, why did you not return anyone's messages? Why is it when people beg for you to start a session you stayed silent instead of responding with your own message explaining you were busy? Why is it you magically have show up to shut down discussions but fail to restart the session formally? WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT IS IMPORTANT OR NOT!

You dismissed all of our worries and and thoughts as insignificant and wasteful but took no steps to explain why or even offer alternatives.

Don't you try to paint yourself as a Hero, Traitor, I been to the Office of Naval Intelligence, I seen the report written by the Officer in charge, he had no intention of doing anything to Eastport. They set things up so that the Eastport Rebels would continue to be a drain on the resources of the Resistance as a whole and was content to leave it be.

I have to admit, you did save Eastport from the Rebels, but you murdered many people in your attempt to scrape and bow to a greater power."

View user profile
Governor Ceca Sander wrote:*Governor Sander glares at Gollveig*

Christ, man. These theatrics were completely unwarranted. Could you have honestly not brought this issue to the table without bringing the country to the brink of civil war?

"Because the only way I could discover everyone's true intentions is by goading them into anger and forcing them to defend their true beliefs. This council session is more than Felix's trial, it is to show everyone just how vulnerable Echain is."

Gollvieg turns to all those present, "Everyone, can you tell Mr Felix the message you wanted to ask him? The man is now here and he can explain why he does not think you have anything worthy to say. How about you Governor Grifenknight, do you still think extradition is a topic worthy of discussion?"

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum