» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turn 3-1067

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turn 3-1067 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:26 pm

OOC wrote:Crusaders have been changed to (DM+3) Armor 5[-3],Bulk 2, Fighting Damage (Athletics+1).

Lord Blackfang of the Bloodmouth Clan on the Slaangu Coast also announces that he is looking for a new wife, one who is strong and capable of fighting.
Admiral Krenzler:
A court tauber was found and recruited from Varvol.

Research continues into rune forging, metallurgy, and steam power.

1 turn for Trained Crusaders training to be complete. The Watch Station System is now complete.

Arcacius:
Rumors have reached your ears that the surrounding Houses are becoming nervous at your sudden and rapid build-up.

2 turns for Trained Archers(x6)/Cavalry(x10)/Commander/Infantry(x2) training to be complete.

Fletcher:
House Aslaug vehemently refuses your terms of surrender.  Your messenger returns unharmed despite this.  Marcus determine that House Aslaug’s forces are not yet mobilized and their infantry is of lower quality.

17 turns for Marketplace construction to be complete. 3 turns to convert Levies. 2 turns to complete port expansion. [Your next fortune roll has a -2 modifier to it.]

FreelanceZero:
9 turns for Smelter construction to be complete. 8 turns for Small Town construction to be complete. 2 turns for the Military Academy to be complete. 1 turn for Trained Infantry training to be complete.

JaxVaeus:
Preparations are being made for the expected Chu landing.

Research into metallurgy, black powder, golems, and magical creation have begun.  Census data comes back: 108,632 adult citizens; only 10,032 live in the seaside town with another 1,403 living in Otterburg Fortress and 540 living in Arnalf Keep.

7 turns for the Town construction to be complete. 2 turns for the rings to be forged. 1 turn to complete the Ironworks. The ports is now complete.

Spartanmario:
Rumors and speculation abound that the Houses of the southern Silver Coast are anticipating the worst should Nestav be defeated by the north. Your efforts to increase relations brought forth a representative of House Aslaug who is requesting assistance against possible moves from their neighbor, House Fletcher.

14 turns for the shipyards to be complete. 3 turns for Trained Infantry/Engineers training to be complete. 1 turn for the University to be complete. Wealth-to-Power conversion is now complete.

Onyx Aurelius:
You receive word from the Seven Isles that they have formally agreed to the STG accords and await your inspectors for their port.

The wreckage of a harichu vessel washes into your port, what few survivors there are floating amongst the flotsam. Despite the citizens wanting them all killed one of the survivors has them in awe, a blond with pointed ears.  In her death-like grip was a chest containing two copies of the book ‘Principles of Magic: Theory, Application, and Interactions with the Natural World’.

The retrofits for the existing ships have begun as well as construction of the new experimental ship designs.  Mana Neko has started working with engineers to create a design of cannon to best use with the cartridge.

The Bureau of Information Control and Inquisitorial Investigation is quickly established and already at work in Port Sarum.

A ship from Nestav arrives to deliver a book 'Principles of Engineering' fully translated.  A note comes with it stating that the others are being worked (outside of the one no one wants to think about) by ancient Nestavians and should be done within a few months; it is signed by 'Smith'.

18 turns until the glider facility is complete. 5 turns for the Institute to be complete. 1 turn for Town upgrade to be complete.

Wanderer_In_Rags:
Your scouts track the escaped koth past the mountains.  They were ambushed by soldiers of the local lands mind-controlled by the koth mage.  Only 40 of your men escape.

Your citizens are given some land by their host with only a small tithe required as payment.

wolfking2k:
The search for a court tauber continues.

Your spies send back word of a general order of mobilization that is sweeping across Shu.  Their army in their hundreds of thousands are gearing up for war.

2 turns for the ritual to be complete. 2 turns for the road to be complete.

Zeiss:
Despite your people’s best efforts you were unable to find either a translation dictionary or a multi-lingual person willing to tutor your people in the laventine tongue or calligraphy.

The other only House bordering House Njall will not help fight them, but will close their borders and trade with them for the time being.

8 turns for Serpent Road construction to be complete. 1 turn for Elite Mercenaries to arrive. 1 turn for Trained Infantry training to be complete. Trained Cavalry training is now complete.

Last edited by SilverDragonRed on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:34 pm

Fortunes of the Road:
7d6+3=28 BLESSING +3 INF +3 WEL

Actions:
The people of the kingdom settle down for the winter in the lands granted to them, and begin hunting and foraging to repay this great kindness. A tiny guild in an old wagon adorned with a painting of a blueberry begins it's rounds, looking for any winter fruit.

The scouts send a falcon back to the main army, requesting reinforcements from the Circle of Honor while they continue to track the Koth mage-- it will not escape Kreathean.

"You've got to be bloody joking." Segarus said, reading the message that had been attached to the falcon. Alongside them, late-arriving caravans moved by.
"What is it, my lord?" a captain asked.
"The buggering Koth the scouts went after can control men's minds, and they were attacked. They need reinforcements from the Circle."
"Bugger." another captain interjected feelingly.
"Could this not be a trap, m'lord? The scouts could have come under the beast's spell." suggested an officer of the Far-Eyes.
"It could be," Segarus said, brandishing the message. "But then I do not think this would be splattered with blood were it the case."
This was true, for it was.
"Scrape together a company, and dispatch them immediately." he ordered, and a knight-captain thundered away.
"If we let that beast get away from us, it could do far worse than possess an army." Segarus said to his captains. "So we cannot let it escape."

View user profile

3 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 am

Fortune roll:
Roll(7d6)+3:
2,1,2,3,3,2,6,+3
Total:22 Growth. Rolled 3. 3 to power

actions:
I'll send word to the chu letting them know that the shu are mobilizing for war.

I'll also order the draklings to return back to us within the next two months

The gnoll lord will also order the construction of a war smithy of small size for 3 wealth, and I'll put 10 population into it's construction

The gnoll lord will also consort with the laventino guests in private, and learn what he can about the chu that imprisoned them. He will also offer a deal to return them to laventino in time, but he must speak with whom ever the leader of their people is.

After all is said and done he will send an envoy to laventino to let them know that the gnolls are looking after some of their people, but requests that they remain with them so that they have time to recover from their hardships

I'll also use influence again upon house fletcher

Current house stats:

Def 5
Inf 24
lan 6
law 22
pop 22 (3 with current projects) (10 in forge, 3 in road, 5 at lanore, 1 in college)
Pow 7
Wea 24

Troops
1 Guerrillas Discipline 3, Athletics, Marksmanship, Stealth.
1 Guerrillas Dscipline 3, athletics 1, marksmanship 1, stealth 4 Trained[60 xp] 3 pts (Discipline Modifier +6) *-3 Wealth
1 Raiders 3 pts (Discipline Modifier +3) Agility, Endurance 1, Fighting 1. Green[20 xp] 1 pt (Discipline Modifier +9) *-1 Wealth
1 Cavalry 5 pts (Discipline Modifier -3) Agility 1, Animal Handling 3, Fighting 2 Trained[60 xp] 3 pts (Discipline Modifier +6) *-3 Wealth
2 Engineers 4 pts (Discipline Modifier +3) Endurance, Fighting, Warfare
1 Support (Discipline Modifier +3) Animal Handling, Endurance, Healing
1 Personal Guard 6 pts (Discipline Modifier -6) Athletics, Endurance, Fighting
1 Scouts 2 pts (Discipline Modifier +3) Awareness, Endurance, Stealth
1 Peasant Levies -2 pop (Discipline Modifier +6) Animal Handling, Awareness, Survival
1 Commander Grimebolt Command 3, Fighting 3, Warfare 4, Dscipline 3. Veteran[100 xp] 5 pts (Discipline Modifier +3) *-6 Wealth
1 Nobles 5 pts (Discipline Modifier -3) Athletics, Endurance, Fighting
1 Mercenaries 1 pt* (Discipline Modifier +3) Athletics 2, Endurance , Fighting. Green
1 Mercenaries 1 pt* (Discipline Modifier +3) Athletics 2, Endurance , Fighting. Green
1 Mercenaries 1 pt* (Discipline Modifier +3) Athletics , Endurance , Fighting 1. Green
5 Criminals 1 pt (Discipline Modifier +15) Endurance 1, Fighting 1, Stealth, Green[20 xp] 1 pt (Discipline Modifier +9)

Last edited by wolfking2k on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

4 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Actions:
House Geirmund, with the aid of Clan Grimmore, will begin construction of a Large (10 Wealth) University, offering engineering classes, studies of the arcane arts and other areas of higher learning, including military command and management courses for those interested.  Work on a Big Siege Workshop (7 Wealth) will also begin.  Both Geirmund and Grimmore will put ten Population into each project, equaling out to twenty Population working on the workshop and twenty more working on the university.

House Geirmund will begin training a unit of Personal Guard (7 Power) while Clan Grimmore will train two units of Support (6 Power).

As stated before, the Crusaders will join the front lines as soon as their training is finished, while the Engineers from both House Geirmund and Clan Grimmore will arrive to support the army however they can. 

At this point in time Lord Thrand will return with the spoils he has gained, leaving his knights in charge of the expedition forces.

House Fortune Rolls:
House Geirmund: 7d6 + 8 = 37 (Growth) 1d3 = 2 Wealth

Clan Grimmore: 9d6 - 7 = 22 (Growth) 1d3 = 2 Wealth

End of Turn Stats:
House Geirmund: Defense 8, Influence 4, Lands 10, Law 28, Population 24, Power 0, Wealth 2

Clan Grimmore: Defense 11, Influence 10, Lands 5, Law 25, Population 25, Power 0, Wealth 1

View user profile

5 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Fortune roll and stats:

I roll 22 adding on my House fortune of 6 giving me 28. This gives me Boon.

I improve Wealth by 2d6 - I roll 11

Because of my port I gain +1 wealth

Current stats:
Defense: 13
Influence: 18
Lands: 11
Law: 36
Population: 28 (6 due to construction)
Power: 19
Wealth: 17

Holdings:
1 x Port
Castle

Commander Adams (Veteran) (Inf Command 5, Fighting 2, Warfare 2)

3000 Archers (Trained Discipline +3 ) 3 Marksmanship, 2 Awareness, 1 Agility
1000 Infantry (Trained Discipline +0) 2 Fighting, 2 Endurance, 2 Athletics
Peasant Levies (Green, Discipline +15) 4000 Infantry, 2000 Cavalry. Both = 2 survival

Actions:

Training continues of the peasant levies.

The army is ordered by the new King Edward to stand down and messages are sent all around confirming Bern Roberts abdication.

The system of governance is reformed. Bern is now replaced by the title King and the nobility will now have different ranks of Baron, Earl and Duke. House Stewart is hereby made a Dukedom. This is done to project the image of change.

A coronation is organised quickly so that normality can be achieved again.

Former Bern Robert is given a position as General of the army and is made a Duke by Edward.

Edward sends letters to Lady Aslaug asking when their next meeting can be held so that they can get to know each other again, hints are made as too Edwards sexuality but the letters do not outright state it.

A gift of 2 Wealth is given to King Isen in thanks for holding the meeting and as recompense for the proceeding of the meeting.

Current Stats:

Defense: 13
Influence: 18
Lands: 11
Law: 36
Population: 28 (6 due to construction)
Power: 19
Wealth: 15

View user profile

6 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 am

Fortune:
7d6=24+12(House Fortune) = 36 Result:Blessing Resource allocation: Power+Defense

Actions:

Local:
Copies of the Engineering book are made and distributed to both the Institute, and to the various project sites.

A single copy of the book on magic is made, the original, along with the other book is sent onward to its original destination in the possession of the stranger(The Seven Isles in this case). Additional copies are ordered, but are expected to take time to produce given the nature of the book.

Preparations are made for the coming growing season, notably coffee plantations are set to be expanded.

A proposal is made to the various other houses involving the theory of "Governing districts" as way to simplify tax and resource management.

International:
The group from Laventino returns, along with a plethora of insights into various new civil ideas, and technological ideas. Many of these ideas are brought up for consideration, notably the idea of winter/fall schooling, public lecture on advanced topics, water powered mills, as well as civil structures and tax law. Tech insights also include tracked vehicles, central heating, basic flight, as well as basic machining of tools and parts. Magical insights include the idea of distributed mana draw from multiple crystals.(Mana capacitors)

STG inspectors and representatives are sent out to the following: Ponthos, The Isles, Nestav, and House Fletcher.

Stat Changes:
Defense:1+2=3 Influence:13 Land:2 Law:31 Population:21 Power:9+3=12 Wealth:=12 Lloyds coffers:2 wealth

View user profile

7 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:53 am

Actions:
The experiments with balloons and everything will continue. Preparations will be continued for the landing, Research is to continue as previously done in the last turn.

The letter of Ata Raxia is expected and looked forward to.

The experiments to make fox people are to continue.

Heinrich will again ask for volunteers to form a new garrison unit.

View user profile

8 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:35 pm

House Purchases:
House Fortune Upgrades:
House Zenna + 1d6 Power (1)
House Sonaglio + 2d6 Power (5)
House Scala + 1d6 Power (6)
House Skitter + 1d3 Power (3)
House Stinger - 1d6 Influence (-5)
Updated Stats:
House Zenna
Power 2

House Sonaglio
Power 10

House Scala
Power 8

House Skitter
Power 4

House Stinger
Influence 11
Actions:
Bern Harris sends a message to the heads of all his bannerhouses saying that he will explain the reasons to his sudden militarization to those who wish to join him at The Tip of the Serpent at months end. To those who joined House Zenna, Barn Harris explained the situation.

"At the end of year past I was visited by a house from the kingdoms to the south. He had been forced off their land and made to flee north. The kingdoms to the south had been raized by a horde of Koth. This had been said to me with a head of one of the beasts slammed on this very table. With this and our original purpose as an outpost for the old Empire, I made my choice to prepare for this coming horde. If the Head of the House was truthful in this statement then in two and a half years the fruit of this labour will allow us to protect many a soul. Should this be nothing more than a lie, then when the years have passed we will be a position of power. We will be able to gather wealth, land, and power so that all your heirs have the power of a great lord. If you would call me fool, then do so now and stake your claim, or hold your tongue and trust my wisdom."
House Fortune Rolls:
House Zenna 25 (23+2) Growth
House Sonaglio 26 (21+5) Blessing
House Scala 41 (35+6) Growth
House Skitter 26 (21+5) Blessing
House Stinger 28 (26+2) Boon

View user profile

9 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Fortune roll:
I roll 28, to which I add my House Fortune of 10, giving me 38. Thus, I gain Growth.

I improve one resource by 1d3 points; Wealth. I roll 1. Because I have a marketplace and a port, I can roll 1d6 too. The result is 1, for a total of 2.

Current stats
Def 6
Inf 4
Lands 0
Law 21
Pop 24
Power 2
Wealth 5
House Fortune Total  = +10

Actions:
I use my Influence (4) to reduce the Fortune roll of House Njall without making my involvement known if possible.

I convert 4 of my Wealth into Pop. When will they be ready? If they are ready by this turn, I will assign half of them on the construction of the Serpent Road.

Rally my military forces and those of my Banner Houses so they can train together (standard joint exercises).

I

Current stats:
Def 6
Inf 4
Lands 0
Law 21
Pop 24
Power 2
Wealth 1
House Fortune Total  = +10
14 Pop used for building Serpent Road.

View user profile

10 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:52 am

Actions:
To start, two wealth will be given to House Aslaug as they were the ones wronged.

A commander will be trained (up to trained) for 7 power.

A political marriage is pursued with House Aslaug, with a proposal of unwed nobles from both lands being married off without complicating each other's line of succession and giving rise to the possibility of pretenders or usurpers.

General Research is conducted, 4 pop given over to the University once it is done. This general research would include magic.

Some merchants are sent to house fletcher's lands to see how things are going since the end of the peace talks.

Additional diplomacy is conducted with the Southern coast as a whole to further relations and attempt to create additional alliances with ports and cities to help protect against the northern coast and piracy.

Fortune Roll:
4,2,1,3,5,1,4+10=30 BLESSING
2d3:3+3

House Stats:
Def: 5
Inf: 9
Land: 5
Law: 53
Pop: 41
Pow: 8+3-7=4
Wealth:20+3+4-1=26 (Fortune) (Market+Port: d6=4) (Payment to Chu+Events)

View user profile

11 Re: Turn 3-1067 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Actions:
Spend 5 Influence and 1 Power to recruit a Green Commander.

Send a message to the Seven Isles Union about Nestav's pre-empative attack on the Northern Silver Coast, stating that the attack will be launched as soon as the winter thaws.

A diplomat will be sent to House Gerimund to renew the trade deal from the previous year.

Fortune Roll:
7d6 = 30+6 = 36 Boon; Add 6 to Power, Add 3(+1) to Wealth

House Stats:
Def = 3
Inf = 1
Lan = 2
Law = 32
Pop = 22
Pow = 15
Wea = 7

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]