You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Oh god, does this pretty much confirms the Gray Jedi?! bounce Very Happy

Last edited by KaRaOuLiS on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:36 pm

I don't think it means particularly anything other than the implications of Luke's personality. I am thinking that is just a mopey Luke who is still getting over the destruction of the New Jedi Order and his unwillingness to go through such an event ever again. Rey is probably the one to get him out of this as Daisy said during the panel that "He is not what Rey expected" which probably indicates that Rey will try to convince him to come back and train her.

With most of the trailer also being set on Skelig I am thinking that most of Rey/Luke's story will take place there for the majority of the movie with her training and interacting with Luke.

I think the biggest thing to come out of the panel was the poster:

This might hint at Rey being a Skywalker with Luke and (at least I think so) Anakin on the poster too. Also could we see an Anakin flashback?, Hayden has been around a lot lately and he is on the poster.

View user profile

3 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:52 pm

I believe that is Kylo Ren on the poster.
Some things that i noticed on the poster, Rey's beam has red, blue and a clear white in the middle of the poster, the beam is also in-between Luke(Jedi) and Kylo(Sith) like the balance spot, perhaps indicating that she will be the neutral force user that would bring balance? could be wrong, i am in no way super knowledgeable on SW rabbit need to hear Lorerunner's thoughts on this bounce

View user profile

4 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:17 pm

KaRaOuLiS wrote:I believe that is Kylo Ren on the poster.
Some things that i noticed on the poster, Rey's beam has red, blue and a clear white in the middle of the poster, the beam is also in-between Luke(Jedi) and Kylo(Sith) like the balance spot, perhaps indicating that she will be the neutral force user that would bring balance? could be wrong, i am in no way super knowledgeable on SW rabbit need to hear Lorerunner's thoughts on this bounce

If only they didn't look so alike pfff! family.

I can see that, she does talk about balance in the trailer and so she maybe the one to breach the gap between Kylo and Luke.

View user profile

5 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Anyone else get some serious Empire Strikes Back vibes from this?

View user profile

6 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Another thing I was thinking going off of KaRaOuLiS's idea, maybe Luke or Vader were never the chosen one. Here me out.

Neither brought balance to the Force they just removed the Dark Side from temporary existence which was once again shattered with the destruction of Hosnian Prime. Luke realises this and recognises that no true balance can be achieved when there is such thing as a Jedi and Sith Order, these two very things fly in the face of balance. That is why Luke says it is time for the Jedi to end as it needs to be replaced by an Order which has no allegiance to the Dark or Light and uses elements of both. Who better to start this new order than a young non-trained force wielder that has shown a tendency to anger like a Sith but also has the restraint and mercy of Jedi. Therefore Rey is the technical chosen one as through her a balance can be formed between the light and the Dark.

View user profile

7 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:44 pm

House Fletcher wrote:Another thing I was thinking going off of KaRaOuLiS's idea, maybe Luke or Vader were never the chosen one. Here me out.

Neither brought balance to the Force they just removed the Dark Side from temporary existence which was once again shattered with the destruction of Hosnian Prime. Luke realises this and recognises that no true balance can be achieved when there is such thing as a Jedi and Sith Order, these two very things fly in the face of balance. That is why Luke says it is time for the Jedi to end as it needs to be replaced by an Order which has no allegiance to the Dark or Light and uses elements of both. Who better to start this new order than a young non-trained force wielder that has shown a tendency to anger like a Sith but also has the restraint and mercy of Jedi. Therefore Rey is the technical chosen one as through her a balance can be formed between the light and the Dark.

There are two problems with such story, both mostly from the business side.

First, form narrative perspective, where do you go from "balance achieved"? Sure, they could go with "Person X disrupts the Force, Young Hero Y has to stop him/her/it" but that would make the whole balance thing mostly pointless. It could be done better if you could go into future (as in, Sith and Jedi are literally legends), you could also use Jedi as the disturbers, you could have a more ambivalent use of the Force (Imperial Knights), but all of them are even more dangerous from business point of view.

Second, they scrapped the Sith. Do you think they will do the same with Jedi, a term with much larger "brand recognition" (general public)?

Now those are practical problems, based on which I don't think such a story will be presented. I also don't think it would be particularly interesting (as the broad structure). Now if they made it like KotOR2, it could work (Luke taking the place of Kreia), but Force Awakens doesn't support that much, teaser mostly disproves such a possibility, and again, business side says no-no.

View user profile

8 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 pm

I don't think the Jedi will be gone its just something that is too big of a part of Star Wars to be removed, Luke is probably in a dark place and Rey will be the one to build the new Jedi order.
As for the teaser looks great but other then a few lines of dialog does not show anything, and I like that Smile

View user profile

9 Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:26 am

Campy surprise opening. That didn't even scare me, just surprised me like the trailer for The Force Awakens, with Finn popping up and I yelled "Ah! A black man." They did it on purpose this time after the reaction they got to the other one.

Grand orchestral music starts before any action-y bits. C'mon, we don't even know what's happening. We've got some brief action-y bits with people saying very brief lines over them that have very little context to go with them. The loud music has not been earned for this teaser.

How is that flyer able to make an impact with the ground and continue flight?

Get ready for Kylo Ren's EdgeLord-ening. This is who we get for the entire trilogy.

Maybe they'll finally nail Rey's character to a fence post, figure out what it is and keep it consistent.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum