» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you think a Metroid film would work.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:30 pm

I think a Metroid film would work if done correctly, the problem is; is that I don't have an idea on how to do it and would love to hear your guys thoughts.

View user profile

2 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:26 am

I would love a Metroid movie but i would probs perfer a cgi animated mini series as for doing it properly i don't know Samus is basicly solo in all the games so unless you wanted to watch 2hours of samus beating the crap outa space priates and metroids i donno you'd have to come up with a plot and new characters etc..

View user profile

3 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:20 am

To me, Metroid games are all about atmosphere, ambience and exploration. I think those work a lot better in video games than in movies. It just wouldn't be the same in a movie - and frankly, it'd be kind of boring too. I fear they'd want to make it a horror film to compensate for that and I don't care for horror.

They could try to do a movie in a similar vein as Metroid: Other M... but I'd really rather they didn't. Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 am

I suppose it's a question of if you think an Alien movie could work. That sounds tongue in cheek but honestly, do you think the movie Alien would work with the modern audience? The sci fi / horror market's changed quite a bit in the last 30ish years.

5 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Only if directed by uwe boll

View user profile

6 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Admin wrote:I suppose it's a question of if you think an Alien movie could work.  That sounds tongue in cheek but honestly, do you think the movie Alien would work with the modern audience?  The sci fi / horror market's changed quite a bit in the last 30ish years.

Well, I know that with the release of Alien: Isolation, there's still a market for that sort of thing, at least in terms of gamers. Whether that translates adequately to film buffs and they are still receptive to that remains to be seen, but we as a society are getting bored of the 28 Days Later sort of zombie flick, so I think a return to traditional horror would be a breath of fresh air for many of them. Even within other genres, such as kaiju or classic sci-fi, we've been seeing big revivals over the past five years or so, through movies like Godzilla and the new Planet of the Apes movies. And the fact that we've got Metroid of all properties to rebuild this particular genre of horror from? Awesome. I'm totally with it.

View user profile

7 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:51 pm

I think it would work for metroid fans if
-silent/mostly silent move
-proper horor
-large focus on atmosphere

View user profile

8 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Fri May 01, 2015 3:18 am

changed my mind so post removed

Last edited by 789TheN00B on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

9 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Thu May 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Could a Metroid film work? Sure, anything could work.

Would a Metroid film work given today's film industry? I have absolutely no idea. I don't know anything about the film industry and I doubt I'll ever have enough knowledge to give an accurate guess.

View user profile http://www.reddit.com/user/V8_Ninja

10 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Thu May 07, 2015 5:27 pm

I think so yea. It would have to more subtle and focus on atmosphere and characters than action and explosions. But if given the right direction, I don't see why not. Maybe it would be better animated?

View user profile

11 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Thu May 07, 2015 5:31 pm

I've been thinking on this one idly in the back of my head and I'd like to add that I think the Jaws effect would do wonders for a Metroid film's atmosphere. Show very, very little of the Metroids themselves. I'd also jigger the plot a little bit, base it primarily off Super Metroid and its general lack of dialogue. Which brings me to the last thing I'd do, and what'd ultimately make or break it I think....

*dramatic pause*

...almost no dialogue throughout the whole movie. I know the film industry well enough to know that this is the kind of thing that's a huge, huge risk but I think it could pay off and would be worth it in this case. Let the sound and visual guys tell our story, don't make Samus giving a log nor give her someone to report to (Fusion used the second method as a way to insert dialogue into a Metroid game). Just have her by herself, in tense nonverbal hell.

12 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Thu May 07, 2015 6:23 pm

That's pretty much what I thought.

View user profile

13 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Fri May 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Didn't the film industry used to focus more on visual and sound in their early early days, like during silent films and such?

Last edited by 789TheN00B on Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

14 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Fri May 08, 2015 10:05 pm

789TheN00B wrote:Didn't the film industry used to focus more on visual and sound in their early early days, like during silent films and such?
Yes.  There are only a few directors nowadays that do anything with visuals or sound.

View user profile

15 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Mon May 25, 2015 12:16 am

More or less I believe the film industry has gotten a bit better when handling games as movies depending on the director, crew, and actors. As long as it stays true to the game, I believe a Super Metroid game could work.

View user profile

16 Re: Do you think a Metroid film would work. on Tue May 26, 2015 5:59 pm

It worked pretty well in 1979.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum