Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wow, it's been a long time. Was it really 4 years? I want to start out by thanking Lorerunner for the years of great analysis and insightful discourse. Rewatching Voyager again with a full understanding of English and your thoughts make me appreciate this series so much more. The journey was long and fill with obstacles but the ship have returned to port, and like it's crew I await our next grand adventure.

So what are everyone's thoughts? What in your opinion would have made the ending work better? For extra challenge, try to do it without any reshoots.

View user profile
Four and a half years! Yeesh, never thought I'd get through all of that. This is actually the third Feature I've completed to satisfaction (the others being the incredibly unpopular Roleplay series). I have to admit I'm still in a bit of shock over the whole thing.

Now, fixing Endgame? That's easy... but requires setting up for it, IE doing episodes that lead up to it properly. So let's assume that's out the window. No reshoots? That means the only way to 'fix' is to remove, IE the ever popular 'fan edit Phantom Menace' style. Given those extreme limitations, I'm not sure much could fix this... though if I had to do that? I'd completely cut out Admiral Janeway's scenes prior to her heading to the past. They, ultimately, add nothing. All the necessary exposition of her motivations are well explained when she's in the past, there's no insight into any characters, no foreshadowing, and in fact several of the scenes are actively nonsensical.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum