» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Koth Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:58 pm

It is a windy atop the serpent as representatives from all across the regions gather to hear from the kretheans that summoned them.

View user profile

2 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Segarus appears in full armor, the baldric and sash that serve as his badges of office in lieu of a crown shining. Motioning for one of his knights bearing a black banner, to stay put he dismounts and walks over to the representatives before removing his helmet and smiling a little wanly.

"Thank you all for coming at such a fell time," he says, leading them into the large pavilion set up for them and bidding them all sit around the old, carved table. "If the messengers did their jobs you already know the matter at hand and so I will get to the quick of it: the Black Tide is coming, in less than three years time. If this region is to survive the onslaught, we must begin preparations now."

View user profile

3 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:29 pm

King Isen, Representing the Isles, Speaks up.

"I agree with you Segarus. Preparations must begin if we are to have a hope in surviving this onslaught. I have good news as well. A group of people whom we call the Sky People have agreed to lend us their aid when the tide arrives. They bring grave news though. To the south, it is under siege and won't hold out long. That is why we have less than three years to prepare. As well, I wish to start projects into finding out more about the koth. We have heard so much about them in stories, but not many can claim to know thy enemy."

View user profile

4 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Dietrich von Strauss, representing House Geirmund, frowns as he listens to the two men speak. "Three years...seems hardly any time at all when facing a threat like the koth." He shakes his head slightly. "Geirmund Hold is willing to fight, but we will need to secure our lands and borders first. I am here speaking in Lord Thrand's place because he leads our army in wiping out the undead plaguing the lands to the west of the Wyvern Peaks." His frown deepens. "Even once that is finished, we will have much work ahead merely stabilizing the region. I pray to the Winter Wolf that we find ourselves ready to face the koth when the time comes."

View user profile

5 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Lysander Sturmm speaks, here on behalf of King Valganis and the Kingdom of Nestav. "King Valganis has assured that Nestav will do all in its power to aid in the threat, but much like House Gerimund here, the nation is currently a little busy with the unruly neighbors."

View user profile

6 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Alexander Von Kruger rises on behalf on Arcadia.

"My King also wishes to aid in this enormous threat, but again my liege is in the same position as the other representatives. Once Arcadia's neighbouring populations are safe from the Korns and united together we can fully commit to this project."

View user profile

7 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:37 pm

"Many thanks to the Isles, and I will discuss what must be done to aid you with these projects." Segarus nods to Isen, before looking to the others.

"I hear your words, and in the name of preserving what can be preserved I swear I will aid you as best can be done. What must be done to secure your lands?"

View user profile

8 Re: Koth Meeting on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:59 am

"First the undead must be wiped out in their entirety," Dietrich begins firmly. "Then we shall burn whatever texts these neophyte necromancers gained their knowledge from, so that they may never be used again. We will then secure the lands surrounding us and ensure the safety of our neighbors through our rule. They have demonstrated themselves to be unable to protect their lands and their people. By right of strength we claim them for our own, for their sake as well as our own."

View user profile

9 Re: Koth Meeting on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 pm

"Thank you Segarus, and i understand that internal matters come first from everyone else." Isen says.

View user profile

10 Re: Koth Meeting on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:32 am

"I hear rumors that the war in the north goes ill for your enemies," Segarus says to Lysander. "What more must be done to end the conflict and secure your lands?"

View user profile

11 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:37 am

"I do not know the details myself, perhaps some combination of military might and diplomacy," Lysander thinks. "It's difficult to say for sure at this moment."

View user profile

12 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:48 am

Segarus nods slowly, before he rises to his feet and takes stock of the table's occupants.
"My lords, I have heard your words, and I know now what what must be done to secure your lands. I ask you now to look to the south. The Black Tide cares not about rebellion, necromancers, insurrection or famine. It does not care what your banner, and I cannot stress this enough when I say that no wall can hold them forever. We must act."

View user profile

13 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:54 am

Lysander sighs as he responds. "Lord Segarus, how long does the Houses of the old Ulkan Empire have to prepare for such a disaster? Surely, we still have some time to prepare?"

View user profile

14 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 am

"No more than three years, at the very most." he responds. "Two, two and a half at most likely."

View user profile

15 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:00 am

"Three... two and a half. Indeed, that is a rather...short notice to have. So, the question comes down to, what type of foe are we to expect? Fairy tales and the stories of our ancients only suffice for so much when dealing with a real threat such as this."

View user profile

16 Re: Koth Meeting on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am

"You wish knowledge of the foe?" Segarus asks, his voice harsh as he speaks slowly. "Come, my lords, and I shall show you."

The Lord-Commander leads the dignitaries from the tent and about a mile down the serpent, where he stops overlooking the castle of the late Lord Gautstaff. Upon the floor of the valley is bodies. Lines upon lines upon lines upon lines of the dead, desiccated humans and time-bleached bones.
"An ancient city of the Laventines once was here," he says, his voice hard and cold. "More people within it than most lands could and can ever hope to boast. And the Black Tide, a number smaller than the horde of which I speak, wiped them out. You wish to know what kind of foe we face? There lie the dead, they tell the tale."

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum