» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mass Effect Andromeda (troubled development) Kotaku Article

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

So this is a very detailed article by Kotaku's Jason. He has talked to a few of the devs that worked on the game and done as much research as possible. It is a good read and explains many of the issues behind Andromeda. Thought it would be nice to share here in case people wanted a discussion, and maybe so lore can see it and talk about it on Loreweek.

View user profile
That. Is. A nightmare. Looking back at the game we got while reading this, I can't help but think, "yeah, that sounds about right."

This is the price we pay for nicer graphics. Doesn't really sound worth it to me, but I know a lot of people who buy a game just because it has good graphics.

Oh, and what complete shitbag cowards EA are (no surprise). They completely fucked over the studio by putting them in a guaranteed to fail situation, and what do they say to them? "YOU did a bad job so now we are dismantling you guys". (Again, no surprise.)

View user profile
Sounded to me like it was more Bioware Edmonton and Montreal butting heads not EA, but then again I never read the article I just watched a The Know video of it on youtube.

**edit - and just figured I'd add it in I wouldn't blame nicer graphics, it just that it seems like they did not start out with a set plan in place of the kind of game they wanted to make before actually starting development on it.

View user profile
I mean, you could blame EA for the budget and the engine (both of which were not exactly unjustified), but unless I'm missing something things like the scope of the project and staff management fall on the studio :/

And on the subject of the procedural worlds, if only they had made an 8-bit prototype like Nintendo did for BotW this could all have been avoided.

View user profile
I probably won't bring this up at Loreweek.... because I already have. This whole mess has been a mess from Day 1, and sadly all this does is add to the pile of evidence that we already had. Not for the first time, my heart goes out to ME:A's devs.

This adds a bit more fuel to the fire. Seems like they intended to make a sequel, and DLC, but EA did really axe it. Again EA cares about money, Andromeda didn't perform, this is what happens.

What worries me is that if Bioware takes a few more hits it is probably going the way of Westwood. That will be a sad day indeed, if it ever happens. Bioware has been such a huge part of my life and their games have helped me through many hard times. I just feel like crap. Hate this.

View user profile
The mass effects will live on forever in our hearts.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum