Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

No, not that Spiders.
Eeww spiders!:

The official website of the game, GreedFall.com, currently just has a teaser and "coming soon". Nothing else. Teaser below.

These are the same Frenchies who made Bound by Flame, and behind (ugh) Mars: War Logs and Technomancer. First War Logs, then Bound by Flame, then Technomancer, now GreedFall.

I myself have been disappointed with Bound by Flame, but it was an interesting game to rent and beat. Three times. I've reviewed it before, but to parrot others here, it misses the mark in several ways in gameplay and they've called it a discount Witcher. That's not a stretch, but they have also criticized the story. My experience with the lore and story has been "less is more", and I would be super stoked if they decided come back and allow us to play a new hero in Vertiel (choosing a certain ending of the first game to be canon...). I want to see more of the world and I'd like to see them do more with the Red Scribes. Basically become Obsidian. They've proven that they can do story-critical player choices well, even if there are few, but I was still disappointed with how little there was in terms of world worked into the story, for you to interact with. Add the hit-and-misses gameplay-wise, Bound by Flame was almost a classic worthy of purchasing on sale. Still, this gives me hope for GreedFall's success.

Basically, you are a fortune-seeker, perhaps of a mold of your choosing, among other various fortune-seekers on an island whose resident natives, protected by supernatural forces, are resisting settlers encroaching on their land. With various shades of grey, I hope. There are firearms.
teaser spoiler:
Supernatural forces include giant f***-off spriggan-looking humanoid elks as you will see in the trailer.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum