Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible Plot of Metroid Prime 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Possible Plot of Metroid Prime 4 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Hello.
I am BI0ZILLA, you may (but probably not) remember me from the Final Fantasy Marathon chatroom held by the Lorerunner some years ago.

Yeah, it took me a while to climb aboard this forum.

Anyway, what do you think Metroid Prime 4 will be about?

View user profile

2 Re: Possible Plot of Metroid Prime 4 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:26 pm

I hope it take place after Fusion. It's about time the story continued. I'd make the Federation the bad guys for a while. Perhaps they've put a bounty on Samus following her destruction of their secret research lab and the game begins with you fighting off bounty hunters. Also, I know Sakamoto officially stated that Samus's DNA was magically returned to normal at the end of Fusion, but I think it would be far more interesting if she continued integrating with the baby metroid over time, both thematically and from a gameplay perspective. It would be a perfect excuse to introduce new mechanics, or at least a convenient replacement for the old "find Chozo technology hidden on every planet ever" thing they usually lean on.

I wonder how a Metroid in the style of No Man's Sky would turn out. Obviously the important planets would have to be designed as proper Metroid Prime levels rather than procedurally generated (and there'd be a plot), but otherwise it could be pretty similar. Fight space battles, invade Federation or Pirate bases, explore ancient ruins, barter with strange aliens on seedy space stations, scan lots of things and sell the data to whoever you want, and, of course, gain access to new planets and new areas on planets you've already visited by finding upgrades for your ship and suit. It could work!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum