» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Five Nights at Freddy's

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Five Nights at Freddy's on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Anyone a fan of this horror indie series? You know, that game where you have to keep an eye on a bunch of robots or they'll kill you by jump-scare.And Warner Bros. have the rights to make a movie of it. I've never played any of them but I am aware of a good portion of the lore. And it's pretty interesting.
The story mostly consist of pieces of infomation that you have to piece together in order to figure out whats going on. In the first game alone, we know that there a four robots and a mysterious golden one, five children were murdered and that someone got their frontal lobe bitten of in 1987.Granted most of my information comes from Game Theory, but I like his thoughts on the series.
In my opinion, the scariest thing is not them

or him

or this

or this

or him

but this

This is the true villain of the series and he scares me. Just watch the minigames for the second game and witness the terror this guy is or just Game Theory's episode on it to know what it is.

So what are your thoughts? Have you played them and what are you're thoughts.

View user profile

2 Re: Five Nights at Freddy's on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm not a huge fan of jump scares in any medium, personally. Not saying they're bad, just not my thing.

3 Re: Five Nights at Freddy's on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:54 pm

nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile

4 Re: Five Nights at Freddy's on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Played the first one a bit to see what it was all about and then stopped at night something. 3 or 4 I think. I have followed the story as it came out in the sequels, however.

Gameplay wise there's nothing incredibly special about it, although it works just fine for the type of game it is. Giving the player reactionary measures to avoid jump scares (although not 100% confirming immediately if it worked or not) is a good way to keep people on edge. The entire game is a decent campfire story made in to a game with an impressively good atmosphere. The creator, Scott, did a good job of utilizing his assets to give an "edge-of-your-seat" effect to his game with what are essentially a bunch of static images (with a few exceptions) and good sound design. If you track his game progress (Freddy's wasn't his first game by far) you can see how he has gradually improved until he hit his big break. Freddy's was actually the result of negative criticism from a previous game.

The sequels have been more of the same but with some tweaks and innovations. I really liken it to receiving new chapters from your favorite author or waiting for the next episode of your favorite show to air.

He did have help to obtain this popularity. Like Minecraft, the gaming video/streaming community made this game popular, although unlike Minecraft, they're actually complete games and provides updates and proper sequels. Suck it, Minecraft. The reactions really made it a popular thing to tape. Who doesn't love seeing their favorite online celebrities overreact to the jump scares? Not being sarcastic, it actually is a lot of fun to watch.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum