» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Tournament: Bonus Round; Starkiller VS Jaden Korr

Starkiller (Force Unleashed) VS Jaden Korr (Jedi Academy)

92% 92% [ 12 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

-

View user profile
Honestly while both were PCs, I always felt like Starkiller was just an insanely stupidly powerful nexus of the Force to an extent where even he couldn't tap into it fully. I'd give this one to Starkiller.

How is this even a question? Starkiller is ridiculously overpowered. Jaden Korr's accomplishments in Jedi Academy are nothing compared to the destruction Starkiller is capable of. He brings down Star Destroyers out of the sky and destroys TIEs like nobody's business. On foot.

View user profile
Let me add my two cents here. The way every Force User's power is treated in TFW, i think it's safe to say the games are reimagining the world itself, and how the Force can be used. Starkiller is indeed a scary powerful Force User, and i relish every second that he's beating the crap out of Palpatine, but his relative power to the other Jedi, in-world, is probably not that humongously disproportionate.

I think it would be kind of a fallacy to cold compare TFW Starkiller to, say, EPIV Obi-Wan. If nothing else, the two characters do meet in an what-if DLC for the game, and Obi-Wan does give Starkiller a run for his money. So does Boba-Fett, for that matter.

That said, i did vote for Starkiller, but again, i think there's an issue of relativity here.

View user profile
Just to be clear, are we talking about Galen Marek/Starkiller(the original one from the first game) or Starkiller(the clone from the sequel game)? Their similar, but the clone is even more powerful if that's possible.

Although if you read the TFU1 book version, Starkiller is actually way underpowered in that book. In fact, in the book he seems like a realistic force user. Hell, in the book, he barely is able to defeat let alone fight Vader in the end.

View user profile
If this is a matter of strength, of course it's Starkiller, he's practically a supersaiyan.

If this is a matter of who's a better character, while Starkiller is poorly written, Jaden has little to no character due to being a blank slate so starkiller still wins.

If this is a matter of who's game is better... I'm not sure but I'll go with academy, I found the lightsaber duels better and there was doom/quake gun combat ontop of that.

If this is a matter of visual design, starkiller hands down

This outfit is so good I would take the darkside ending and buy the dlc's just to get it:

View user profile
PencilManners wrote:
This outfit is so good I would take the darkside ending and buy the dlc's just to get it:

Actually, that outfit only comes with the Hoth DLC. The Dark Side ending has a similar outfit, but it lacks the Darth Vader look. It looks like this.

The Dark Side Ending Outfit:

View user profile
K wrote:Let me add my two cents here. The way every Force User's power is treated in TFW, i think it's safe to say the games are reimagining the world itself, and how the Force can be used. Starkiller is indeed a scary powerful Force User, and i relish every second that he's beating the crap out of Palpatine, but his relative power to the other Jedi, in-world, is probably not that humongously disproportionate.

I think it would be kind of a fallacy to cold compare TFW Starkiller to, say, EPIV Obi-Wan. If nothing else, the two characters do meet in an what-if DLC for the game, and Obi-Wan does give Starkiller a run for his money. So does Boba-Fett, for that matter.

That said, i did vote for Starkiller, but again, i think there's an issue of relativity here.

as far as i know the book should reflect his powerlevel more accurately the game was way over the top for gameplay reasons but regardless starkiller wins this dual hands down.

View user profile
i would argue that the difference between Starkiller and Jaden is the difference that Arche pointed out between Palpatine and Anakin, in that one is hugely powerful in the force, and the other is also powerful, but exceeds more control over the force to better use it.

I say Jaden could totally take Starkiller on based on Korr appears has more control over both dark and light sides the force, whereas Starkiller has tons of raw power and little control over it.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum