Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

My theory on the downfall of Anders and Justice's corruption into Vengeance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I have been replaying Dragon Age:Inquisition extensively lately, and much of the nature of spirits and demons is explored extensively in Inquisition. In your conversations with Solas, he states that a spirit becomes a demon when it is twisted from its true purpose. This is confirmed in Solas's personal quest, All New, Faded for Her. In the quest Solas's friend, a spirit of wisdom is bound by some wayward mages and forced to fight to protect them from bandits, but because it is not a spirit suited for combat, it is twisted from its original purpose and changed into a Pride demon. Now onto the subject of Anders and Justice, I believe that when Anders and Justice merged, that something happened that neither of them could have forseen. I believe that because of Anders' extreme anger and outrage over the horrible treatment that the mages in Kirkwall's circle were going through, that anger eventually twisted Justice from his original purpose and turned him into the demon Vengeance, effectively turning Anders into a unique form of an Abomination. And then from that point on Anders is continually influenced by Vengeance into more and more brutal methods of misguided attempts to free the mages, eventually resulting in the infamous Kirkwall Chantry explosion, and in turn the start of the Mage/Templar war. What started out as a positive partnership between a Mage and a spirit eventually results into a horrific turn of events that sparked a war. At the end of Da2 I see now the execution of Anders as a mercy, because Anders and Justice weren't themselves any longer. Or you could just say that it was just sloppy writing lol. And that's all I have for today. Peace.

View user profile
No I agree with that LavaDude.

To the point where I reckon that you could make an argument for it being Canon and not just justification after the fact for "bad writing".
David Gaider is many things, but one thing he is not is a bad writer. Not only that but he's also a proven "Lead Writer" unlike Hack Walters.

Like everything else with DA2 - they did the best with the time they had. It's EAs fault that BW had to crap out DA2 in like 15 months.

If they had had more time I absolutely think had they more time to properly communicate what was going on with Anders and Justice/Vengeance then it would absolutely have been something along the lines of your theory.

View user profile
Sure. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel satisfaction in killing him, though.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum