» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your First Game ever

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Your First Game ever on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:27 pm

T'was probably one of the early Sonics, alas! for I am unable to remember.

View user profile

27 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:37 pm

I know it sounds like a boring answer, but Super Mario Bros. on NES was my first. I remember playing that and the Blues Brothers video game in my living room with my dad. Some of the earliest memories I have now that I think about it.

View user profile

28 Re: Your First Game ever on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:29 am

Super Mario All-Stars Very Happy

View user profile

29 Re: Your First Game ever on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 am

PencilManners wrote:I think it was either crash bandicoot 1 or 2, but I do treasure 2 a lot more.
It was bright and colorful with an art style that fits with the low polygon graphics, the controls were tight and the levels varied in terms of both visuals and gameplay. The music stood out especially as it used a lot of unconventional instruments and foley to make up it's sound track.
It's still one of my favorite platformers even if other games like Mario 3D world are technically better.

This. Crash Bandicoot 2 is still extremely nostalgic for me.

View user profile

30 Re: Your First Game ever on Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:22 am

Bartz the Man wrote:Sonic Genesis.

that was my first game on my first console ever

and still playing it :D

maybe i played some mario on nes before that, but i can't really remember cause it was at a friends and i was like 6

View user profile

31 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Sonic Genesis is first I've ever played, but it was Halo: CE that got me into gaming. It came with the original Xbox that mom gave me for my seventh birthday. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

View user profile

32 Re: Your First Game ever on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 am

I played some of the old Ms. Pacman games and such but I remember the first system we had was a colecovision. Time pilot, Donkey Kong, Ladybug, Smurfs and such.

View user profile

33 Re: Your First Game ever on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 am

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

34 Re: Your First Game ever on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:31 am

Super Mario World. Then came Kirby's DreamLand. Smile

View user profile

35 Re: Your First Game ever on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 am

Either Zork 1, or Star Trek (a BASIC game, where you had to defeat or hold off a Klingon invasion; very similar to EGA Trek, if you know that game)

View user profile

36 Re: Your First Game ever on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:23 am

I know I played on the atari 2600 but I can't remember what. But the game that really sticks out for me was Aliens on the good old Commodore 64! Oh man, those were the days!

View user profile

37 Re: Your First Game ever on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:02 pm

the first proper game i played was likely Batman the Movie on the commodore 64 or Treasure Island Dizzy for the same platform, while i never beat Dizzy (that game was hard) i did beat Batman but that game had an interesting cheat if you lose it tells you to rewind to the start of the tape (yes tape) but if you press fast forward instead it just skips you to the next level.

View user profile

38 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex or Project Gotham Racing.

View user profile

39 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Donkey Kong Country for the SNES (and I was so bad at it I never got past the second level)

View user profile

40 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:06 am

This feels like a good topic to get into. I honestly don't remember the first game I have ever picked up. If I were to guess, it'd either be something on the Gameboy Color, the N64, or my cousin's SEGA Dreamcast.

So, of those three platforms, I can think of three games:
- Antz (GBC)
- Yoshi Story (N64)
- Lion King / Aladdin (SEGA)

Then again, my Dad recently told me that I played Crash Bandicoot on the Playstation, and he set the language to French since I was too young to read (or remember). XD

View user profile

41 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:08 am

First game ever played: SMB

First game that I ever "got into": Doom

View user profile

42 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:19 am

If I remember correctly, Maybe Pokemon blue on the regular gameboy? I'm not really sure.

My cousin and I also were also playing Doom and quake 2 back then as well. (I know, I was Really young to be playing both of those games). Either way, it was sometime back in 96 or 97. I could probably list a few more games that might have been my first. But those 3 are ones that immediately come to mind.

But the game I would spend the most time on, was Pokemon blue.

View user profile

43 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:23 am

The first game i can remember playing was some sort of Robin Hood game on my brothers Commodore 64. The first game i owned and loved was Super Mario Bros 3.

View user profile

44 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:37 am

Been thinking about this for along time now first game I played that I can think of was Captian Skyhawk on the NES. First game I owned was Super Mario World(SNES) or Gauntlet 2(the Arcade Machine) I got them both at around the same time and still have the big arcade machine... my dad used to repair them and would occasionaly bring diff ones home to work on and sometimes keep them owned a bunch of them including Contra and Street Fighter 2 for a time till they were sold off.

**Edit

View user profile

45 Re: Your First Game ever on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 am

First game, very first real console game...gotta say Disney's Aladdin(yes, that exists) or Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine(yes, that also exists). I wasn't very good at either of them. Or Sonic 1 or 2. It's very likely that Aladdin was first, because I wasn't as interested in puzzle games that were purely focused on the puzzles. I didn't bother committing to memory which game was first, but what really had an impact on my life, like Final Fantasy 7 or Legend of the Dragoon. I think I was 9 or 10 when I was introduced to those. Playing those changed what I thought an awesome game could be and opened my eyes and made me realize games could be so much more than what I was used to.

View user profile

46 Re: Your First Game ever on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:07 am

Here's one for you, to add a twist to the question.

First game ever... per system. And, if you deem, first game you LIKED on a system. Here, I'll start.
Computer: This one gets into 'technically' range but my first vivid memories of a computer game were of Oregon Trail. The first computer game that really caught me though was a stupid game you've probably never heard of called Solar Winds.
NES: Duck Hunt. Yes, Duck Hunt... not SMB. First game I LIKED though was not long after (Super Mario Brothers).
SNES: Super Mario World... and Super Mario World (STILL love that game).
Gameboy: Super Mario Land, and Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening (as my recent Rumination and stream shows, I really liked this one... got into it a lot)
Genesis: I don't actually know the proper name of the first game I got into on the Genesis, it was an Adam's Family game based on the then-recent movie. Damned hard game too. First Genesis game I liked will not surprise anyone (Sonic... first one)
N64: Super Mario 64 for both... even though it frustrates me to this day (and I don't even play the original now, I have the DS version) I still liked it. First N64 game that REALLY sold me though was actually StarFox 64. Played the hell out of that.
PS1: Metal Gear Solid (yes, really) and Mega Man X4/Mega Man 8 (rented both and a PS1 the same day so they both get the title). Didn't own a PS1 for a long time, hence the weirdness.
Gamecube: Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine respectively. Easy answers here.
Dreamcast: Crazy Taxi for both. Weeeee!
PS2: I also didn't own a PS2 for a while so the first game I ever played on it was actually Final Fantasy X. Seriously. Ditto for first liked game consequently.
I think this is modern enough for my list... what about you guys?

47 Re: Your First Game ever on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:30 am

first per system...
PC: Duke Nukem 3D
Sega Genesis: Sonic 2
Sega CD: Wing Commander
Sega Saturn: N/A
Sega Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure
NES: Captian Skyhawk
SNES: Super Mario World
N64: Waverace 64
GameCube: Super Smash brothers Melee
Gameboy: Metroid 2
Gameboy Advance: Advance Wars
Gameboy DS: Pokemon Platinum
Gameboy 3DS: N/A
Playstation: Final Fantasy 7
Playstation 2: Metal Gear Solid 2
Playstation 3: Metal Gear Solid 4
Xbox: Halo
Xbox 360: Perfect Dark: Zero
Xbox One: NHL15

also played something on Sega Gamegear but it was so underwhelming i don't even remember what it was...

**edit forgot Wii I played the Bleach Game on Wii if there is more then one Bleach game no idea which I played first as for PS4 and WiiU have played nothing on either console

Last edited by ZeroCool on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

48 Re: Your First Game ever on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:00 am

My stuff is going up to the present day. I may have formatted it a little weirdly, though. It's sorted by the manufacturing company, then by whether the system is a console or a handheld, and finally by the release date within both of those categories.

• PC: Quake. Probably cemented my later love of classic FPS games. First game I really liked though? While I do like Quake a lot nowadays, this one goes to Half-Life. Yeah, the first one.
  • NES: Super Mario Bros. First game I liked was Super Mario Bros 3.
  • SNES: Super Mario World. While I liked this game, I really fell in love with Final Fantasy IV.
  • N64: Super Mario 64. However, Banjo-Kazooie always stood out to me as the first game I liked.
  • GameCube: Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader. First game I liked was Super Mario Sunshine.
  • Wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Loved this one.
  • WiiU: Still don't own one, but I played Super Smash Bros at a friend's house.
  • Game Boy: Super Mario Land. First game I really liked was generation 2 of Pokemon.
  • GBA: Mario Kart Super Circuit. I got a GBA when they were released, after all. But the first game I liked was Metroid Fusion.
  • DS: Animal Crossing: Wild World. Passed up a GBA SP just to get a DS and this game. And yeah, I ended up liking it.
  • 3DS: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. Considering I initially picked up a 3DS specifically to play this, do you really need to ask me if I liked this one?
  • Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog. Yep. The first one. Liked it, as you might imagine.
  • Sega CD: Sonic CD. Yeah, I actually OWN one of these. Liked the game, though it frustrates me a bit these days.
  • 32X: Knuckles' Chaotix. Yeah, I own one of these, too. Didn't care for the game, though.
  • Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure. I liked this one as well.
  • Game Gear: ...I think Sonic 2? God, it's been way too long...
  • PS1: Final Fantasy VII. Loved it.
  • PS2: Ratchet and Clank. Got this and Kingdom Hearts on the same day. I had trouble ripping myself away from the TV over the next few months. So yeah, I loved these two.
  • PS3: Mirror's Edge. Liked it.
  • PS4: Don't have one of these yet, but I've played Bloodborne. On a technicality, the first game I liked on the system was Final Fantasy Type-0, but I'm playing the PC version...
  • PSP: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Liked this one.
  • PS Vita: Danganronpa. Okay, I played it on a PSTV, but I suppose it still counts since the two are pretty much one and the same. Oh, and if you haven't done so already, for the love of whatever you believe in, play the Danganronpa games. They're fantastic.

Last edited by TheLastSamurai14 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:12 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

49 Re: Your First Game ever on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:18 am

The Lorerunner wrote:The first computer game that really caught me though was a stupid game you've probably never heard of called Solar Winds.

I have heard of it; I have played it (back in the early 1990s); I currently have it installed on my computer (and the second part). Smile

View user profile

50 Re: Your First Game ever on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:44 am

I guess I'll put this as first game per system.

PC: Doom.
SNES: I can't remember, because my cousin had a gameboy adapter and we used that to play Pokemon on the TV.
Gameboy: Pokemon Blue.
PS1: Spyro The Dragon.
GBA SP: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
N64: I believe it was GoldenEye 007.
PS2: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon.
Xbox: Probably Halo. Although I remember playing Kotor and Morrowind pretty quickly after that.
Xbox 360: Oblivion. It was the reason why I bought the console in the first place.
PS3: Resistance Fall of man. It was the first game I remember playing on my cousins ps3.
PS4: Mortal Kombat X. I played it over at a good friend of mine's place.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum