Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 3:39 am by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm by Crensler

» Turn 2-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Mass Effect 3, Your Edition
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm by Braigwen

» Turn 12-1068
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm by wolfking2k

» Player Houses
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Battle of Scales
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am by SilverDragonRed

» Good morning!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm by Galtori

» We started a Discord chatroom for the community. It's free to boot!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 am by Chatterbox1991

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Disney Movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 11:24 am

I think we all have seen a Disney move once in our lives, and one of them is bound to be one of our favorite movies(or not. Some of us might hate Disney). So what was you favorite.(There won't a poll as there are so many movies.)

For me its "Wreck-It Ralph". I've seen many Disney movies before but this one really hit me. I liked the characters, the story was clever and the world is interesting, plus I was in college learning how to be a programmer at the time so that helped. But the best part was Vanellope. She was such a good character and I completely understood her behavior and what she was going trough, I just wanted to hug her until her head popped off.

And for the record: I saw it three times in the cinema.

So whats yours.

View user profile

2 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 11:39 am

Discounting Pixar films? Emperor's New Groove... that film still makes me laugh to this day.

3 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Yeah wreck it Ralph was something new! Great movie. Was Up a Pixar film? The montage of the couple growing up together was really heart warming and well done. Plus I feel like the animation and story are very good too. Characters aren't as good as wreck it Ralph though, thinking about it for a sec I didn't realise how good they actually are lol.

Looking at the Disney movie list ... Didn't know tron was a Disney movie. Thats got a special place for me.

View user profile

4 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Pixar and live action count.

View user profile

5 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 pm

For me it has to be The Lion King. It's one of my favorite movies ever. It used to be my favorite, in fact. It's just beautiful, even the songs are awesome.

View user profile

6 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 pm

I agree on The Lion King

Aladdin has always been a personal favorite, too. The Toy Stories are my favorite out of the Pixar movies, mainly 1 & 3.

View user profile

7 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Including Pixar films seems like cheating but I will also add in Toy Story 3 (that death scene... wow), The Incredibles (cheesy but an amazing take on the topic), and Wall-E (I know it gets hate but there's an amazing theme to be discussed underneath it, and it has some amazing presentation).

8 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Fri May 29, 2015 5:50 pm

For me it's The Little Mermaid without question. It's a beautiful movie that has my favorite Disney songs by far as well as my favorite Disney villain. It never ceases to be incredibly heart-warming whenever I watch it too.

View user profile

9 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Sat May 30, 2015 1:48 am

The Lorerunner wrote:Including Pixar films seems like cheating but I will also add in Toy Story 3 (that death scene... wow), The Incredibles (cheesy but an amazing take on the topic), and Wall-E (I know it gets hate but there's an amazing theme to be discussed underneath it, and it has some amazing presentation).

Wall-E gets hate? First I've heard of that, although I didn't care for it all that much... maybe I'm proving your statement to be true...

View user profile

10 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Sat May 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Animated: The Lion King
Not Animated: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

View user profile

11 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Sat May 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Yeah I always took wall-e as a not popular film with deep undertones ... Haven't seem it personally. Honestly lion king and Aladdin are the best of the pre-3d era for me. Probably because I was able to see them in the cinema. The music is still loads of fun!

View user profile

12 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Sat May 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Robin Hood is by far and away my most beloved Disney flick. Love that movie, as does my sisters youngest (Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day)!

View user profile

13 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Sat May 30, 2015 7:06 pm

mommy! *sucks thumb*, might be the most ridiculous Disney villain lol. I think a film thread is inevitable. Could keep them in order by category if people are interested. Once that door is opened its got potential to have lots of posts/threads.

View user profile

14 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:44 pm

I took a look at this list to jog my memory on some... http://movies.disney.com/all-movies

Not including Marvel or Miyazaki animes, my list is...
(Animated)
1. A Goofie Movie
2. Aladdin
3. Lion King
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Peter Pan

(Non-Animated)
1. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (If it counts lol)
2. The Mighty Ducks
3. Honey I Shrunk the Kids
4. Cool Runnings
5. The Return of Oz/Tron

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

15 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:17 am

The Lion King for me. It's centered on animals which I love, less anthropomorphized than say Robin Hood or The Rescuers, it was released when I was a kid so I have great nostalgia for it and it had a plot which discounts Bambi (which I largely chalk up to being the life and times of a deer), its in Africa which makes it more exotic, and has Scar, Timon, and Pumba who are some of my favorite Disney characters.
Wreck-it Ralph is probably closely tied to The Lion King. Because of its subject matter (video games which I love), its characters (who I can relate to), and probably had is the most emotionally resonant movie I have ever watched in theaters. While I prefer 2D hand drawn animation visually (Princess and the Frog being the most visually appealing of the 3 recent Disney Princess movies), using GCI animation for a cartoon on video games is a perfect fit.
I also have a fondness for Lilo and Stitch and Treasure Planet.
As for Pixar films which I normally try to seperate from Disney films, while not the best of the bunch Finding Nemo is one that I can essentially watch on constant loop all day, both Toy Story 3 and Up have a huge emotional impact that makes it really hard for repeat viewings.

View user profile

16 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:02 am

I would have to say jungle book, Winner the pooh and pinocchio I have fond memories of all of them especially jungle book. My favourite Pixar movie would have to be Monsters Inc or Toy Story 2. I have younger siblings which sometimes gives me the excuse to watch a lot of Disney movie's.

View user profile

17 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:45 pm

As far as animated films go, I'm really torn. I've always held a great appreciation for Disney's animation studios, and there are plenty that have always stuck out to me as being some of their best works, but I think I'll have to give it to The Lion King, followed closely by Aladdin. Ever since I was a kid, I've had a fondness for these two films in particular, and I only got more appreciative of them as I aged.

In regards to Pixar films, this is actually a really easy one for me, with my choice being Toy Story 3. Seeing some of my favorite Pixar characters confronting their own mortality really got to me. Great emotional impact and a must-watch for any fan of animated films, imho.

When it comes to live-action films? I'm going to cheat and say that both Tron and Pirates: At World's End take this spot. Tron's aesthetic is still awesome despite the dated effects (Legacy manages to take the aesthetic up to eleven), and the story/setting are cool too, given that they deal with a visualization of a computer system's inner workings. Pirates remains one of my favorite movies of all time, though I admit that it's often hard to pick between any of the first three movies at any given time.

View user profile

18 Re: Favorite Disney Movie on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:43 pm

I'd say Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. It's one of the only movies I enjoy the same amount every time I watch it which has persisted from youth to adulthood.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum