» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite game of recent times?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Favorite game of recent times? on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Well, as the title implies, this is just a post wondering about what your favorite game that has come out recently is. Only rule is that the game must have been made during or after 2004. Obviously, mine is Destiny. (Kappa)

View user profile

2 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Post-2004? That would be Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 for me.

In the recent three or so years? The Last of Us.

View user profile

3 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Hmm... My top 2 are both post 2004.
Dragon Age Origins and Persona 4 Golden

View user profile

4 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Mass Effect

View user profile

5 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:05 am

Persona 4. Also happens to be my favorite game of all time. It breaks me!

View user profile

6 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix. That and probably Tales of the Abyss

View user profile

7 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:47 am

It's either Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix or Dark Souls, with Half-Life 2 being close behind. Those three games are damn fine work, and I think they all influenced their genres in rather significant ways. Well, influenced its series, in BBS's case. No one pays attention to non-numbered shit for some reason.

View user profile

8 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:14 pm

The Last Samurai has very similar tastes to me. All three of those games were in the running. If P4 is cheating because it goes too far back, my thoughts are analogous to that of Samurai here.

View user profile

9 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:59 pm

I always struggled to definitively place my #1, but the more I think about it, I might have to start saying Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of all time.

Even though I've replayed the game 4 times, I can still see myself giving it another go sometime down the road. Every time I reflect on my first playthrough, I experience a great fondness that is seldom matched (Dark Souls, Bioshock, and Fallout 3 achieve this too).

I would have to say the PS3/Xbox 360 is my favorite time in gaming so far. It was when I decided to break away from my usual types of games, and became more open to different franchises. Ironically I've played more games as I got older than when I was a kid. As a kid I mostly got games for birthdays and Christmases, but the last gen was when started buying more games with my own money.

I hate to say it, but if games didn't start making that massive leap in storytelling and presentation like a Mass Effect, I probably wouldn't be gaming as much anymore. (Not saying that games are better now, just that it suits my preferences better.)

View user profile

10 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Not including remakes like Pokemon Heart Gold, I'll go with Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Metal Gear Solid 3 probably for me.

Honorable mentions: X-Men Legends (my guilty pleasure), Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age Origins, Street Fighter 4

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

11 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:07 am

Of the last generation, Dragon Age Origins, The Witcher 2, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2 and Deus Ex : Human Revolution were the standouts for me.

Of 2014, PT provided the most memorable gaming experience of an otherwise disappointing year.

View user profile

12 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:59 am

Mass Effect 1 is the highest game on my top 25 that came out post 2004. After it theres Mass Effect 2, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 4, REmake, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age Origins, Bioshock, Skyrim and Dark Souls all in my top 25, at least for the moment. I have a super long backlog. Bioshock and Skyrim are the two most likely to get the boot, followed by Dark Souls. I have barely even scratched all of whats in Dragon's Dogma and that game has the most satisfying combat in any game I've played...it may eventually jump up past Mass Effect 1 when I have more time to devote to it.

View user profile

13 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm finally playing Xenoblade Chronicles after getting it on a Black Friday almost 2 years ago and I'm having a blast. As for more recent games I'd say The Last of Us, Fire Emblem Awakening, Persona 4 and Bayonetta 2.

View user profile

14 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:45 pm

KOTOR or oddly Unturned.. been playing the heck out of that lately.. could be Oblivion or Fallout 3.. I'm indecisive!

View user profile

15 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm not sure if I would say these are my favorites, that would require me to order the games I like (and effort tongue ). But these are games I particularly liked off the top of my head.

Hitman Blood Money: A playground of murder, this is the best of the series with some great level design by providing a variety of methods to get from A to B/Kill your target/get rid of guards and the use of disguises (by changing which areas can be accessed in public depending on the disguise used).
It is truly satisfying to read tomorrows newspaper (basically the score board) and read about how your target was killed in a manner that can be mistaken as an accident with not even a description of the possible killer available. Best puzzle game ever, better than portal.

The Darkness 2: Being death incarnate never felt better, this is a really satisfying FPS based off the comic series by the same name.
Now the plot is kinda average, it does retread a lot of things from the first game (the protagonist character is solely defined by his girlfriend who died in the early parts of the first game), the sequel doesn't gel well with the first games sequel
Spoilers to the first game:
The first game ended with the protagonist succumbing to the darkness, the second game starts with him right as rain as if nothing happened
and the ending is an annoying cliffhanger to a game that doesn't seem to be planned.
The game is also unfortunately short with a tacked on coop mode that shoud have been more dev time or the single player.
However that doesn't stop the gameplay from being soooo good, in this game you can dual wield pistols while throwing poles as javelins with one tentacle arm while hacking away at enemies with another tentacle arm. You're essentially Quad wielding, add that with the gore-tastic art style and the game becomes an immensely satisfying shooter that I wish for more of.

View user profile

16 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:02 pm

The Last of Us, Persona 4 Golden, Toukiden: Kiwami, FF 4: Complete Collection (psp).

View user profile

17 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 am

Da: O
The Last of Us
The walking dead season 1
Dark Souls

View user profile

18 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:41 am

Mass effect series, Skyrim, Rome Total War, Fallout New Vegas, Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition, Witcher 1 and 2 are probably the ones I liked the most and sunk the most time in. Especially Mass Effect.

I also really liked Audiosurf. Such a basic game concept, but it really opened up a new way to enjoy my music collection.

Also spent a lot of time with Star Wars Rebellion, which I kind of like better than Empire at War, and Alpha Protocol.

Actually there are too many to list quickly, so I think I'll stop now before this turns into an essay.

View user profile

19 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:06 am

Hm definitely all the Games on my Fav Games List of all Times; The Last of Us; Dark Souls; Bayonetta; Tales of Xillia and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

View user profile

20 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:40 am

Mass Effect. idk if it counts though. I consider all 3 games 1

View user profile

21 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:02 pm

My rig is from 2008 so it has more and more problems keeping up with the new stuff and for the most part, people have already posted my favorite ones as well (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Kotor, Fallout NV). One current title that comes to mind is Life is Strange. For one, I love adventure games like that one as a whole. Plus, it has gorgeous visuals, a fantastic score and an intriguing story going for it. Not to mention it's refreshing to have a canon female protagonist for once. I'm also not from the US, so it's a pretty cool way of having a tiny share of the experience.

View user profile

22 Re: Favorite game of recent times? on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:59 am

Divinity original Sin has been pretty fun so far.  

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum