» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christopher Lee passes away

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Christopher Lee passes away on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Christopher Lee passed away last Sunday due to breathing and heart problems. The only man from the LOTR trilogies who actually met Tolkien (who said he should play Gandalf), Dracula, Count Dooku, Francisco, and singer in a heavy metal band up until his death ... and that was just what he portrayed on the screen. We still don't know all of the stuff he did in the SAS because he was forbidden from speaking any details. I think my favorite story of him is when he had to tell Peter Jackson, who was telling him how to react to Wormtongue knifing him, that he knew how someone responded to being stabbed in the back from personal experience.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/11/christopher-lee-dies-at-the-age-of-93-dracula

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

2 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Singer in a metal band? Sas? Just to top it all off I guess. Don't know much about him but I've obviously seen his recent works and fantastic acting. Sad news but a full life and a good innings (Brit talk for a long life). Rest in peace.

View user profile

3 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Yes, he participated in that scene a lot. I suppose I should have clarified: he has done stuff in more than one. Sometimes he'd come on just to do narration for rock operas. Although this one is a little more tame than some of the other stuff he has done:

Even at that age he still had it in him to sing in metal wizard bands.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

4 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:49 pm

His voice ... Damn. He could've played gandalf easily but glad they got Ian mckellan in the trilogy too. Lee was a great sarumam and I'm not sure mckellan couldve done the same.

View user profile

5 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Damn ... and another great Actor has left the Stage. To this Day my favorite Dracula Actor and I will forever remember him as King Haggart from the last Unicorn ... because he spoke him in english AND german!

View user profile

6 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:22 am

It's unfortunate. He was a great actor to say the least.

The legendary wrestler Dusty Rhodes also passed away on my birthday - really was a sucky day.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

7 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:22 am

One of the things I really like about Christopher Lee was he did all these nerd-type movies, and he really was a fan big of them. LOTR is a good example.

View user profile

8 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:41 am

I don't like making a big deal of actors or celbrities i general but it's a shame he died.

View user profile

9 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:25 am

BoWmEn wrote:It's unfortunate. He was a great actor to say the least.

The legendary wrestler Dusty Rhodes also passed away on my birthday - really was a sucky day.

I hear you BoWmEn. He was a great man.

View user profile

10 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:56 am

I remember the first movie that I ever saw Christopher Lee in was Tim Burton's 'Sleepy Hollow'.

This year is turning out to be really sad for nerd culture.  First we lost the great Sir Terry Prachett, and now Christopher Lee as well.

View user profile

11 Re: Christopher Lee passes away on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Will be missed. A lot.

Rest in Peace.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum