» Battle of Scales
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Eye of the Storm
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm by SilverDragonRed

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

» House Creation
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Do Not Hate Palpatine

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:08 am

He's my friend actually. I'm just highly critical of him.

Don't kill me...

View user profile

2 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:16 am

I do hate him. He did terrible things.

View user profile

3 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:47 am

Yes. Palpatine is your friend.

Sith Lords love you.

View user profile

4 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:26 pm

He is the greatest star wars character of all time. Bump so Arch can see.

And if you pay attention I actually agree with a lot of stuff he says. I just like to argue. (probably why people think im a dick) Sad

View user profile

5 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Actually (to hit serious mode for a sec) I'm asked often what my favorite Star Wars character is and it's something of a tie amongst several characters.  Palpatine, Thrawn, Karrde, Lando, Tyrannus, a few others... bit of a pile-up at the top there.  

BUT just because SterlingZ acquiesced I suppose I'll have to upload a video I've been sitting on that'll go live tomorrow morning. Because I am a man of my word.

6 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Him being my favorite star wars character is a little disingenuous. He's my favorite star wars villain now that I sat down and actually thought about star wars villains as a whole. Palpatine in all honesty was the only one to actually accomplish something and a grand scale, save Darth Bane.

My favorite characters have always been the humble Jedi types, like Obi-Wan and the Exile. They are not exceptionally strong, but they stood beside their philosophy till the very end and it paid out for them.

View user profile

7 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:35 pm

I have to admit I've always had a soft spot for Qui-Gon too. I stand by my statement that if he'd survived, the whole prequel era would've gone differently. That man was not strong, not powerful, and not good in a fight... but he had a wonderfully fresh way of thinking in an era of stagnation. I almost theorize that Maul or Palpatine specifically targeted him to remove him from the equation.

8 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:16 am

That's a very interesting speculation... Qui Gon was denied being on the council before. If he ascended he would most definitely been a proponent to going to war which would have crapped on Palps plans in the long run. It seems as though he were goading the Jedi to be stronger (sorta like Revan) by instigating the war and making General Greviance. For what reason I don't know.

I guess I simply have an aversion to over powered characters in star wars. Like I said on stream, the reason I (everyone) liked Yoda in the OT was because Luke thought a Jedi was some sort of Arnold body builder who could defeat entire armies using the force, fight five dudes at once with a lightsaber, and crush boulders with his bear hands. But what you got was a sickly old green thing that lived in a house not even six feet tall. I got the impression that a good Jedi didn't really need to be strong or even wise for that matter. I don't know I'm rambling, but The Exile, Obi-Wan, The Jedi Knight in TOR, Qui Gon, (Luke to an extent) and Luminara just fit for me.

TLDR: I wish episode 7 would show the 'weaker' Jedi in the series

View user profile

9 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:50 am

Qui gin might have been a great influence on anakin, wish they were a trio now that would've been amazing. Great topic if get did any more of those alternate reality comics.

Sidious is amazing but bane is my favourite villain. Their like bookmarks of the rule of 2.

View user profile

10 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:51 am

*they're

View user profile

11 Re: I Do Not Hate Palpatine on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:03 pm

You need to watch Revenge of the Sith, then say that.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum