Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Today at 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Yesterday at 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

So which of these would you be interested in doing a Tournament of?

16% 16% [ 23 ]
6% 6% [ 8 ]
10% 10% [ 15 ]
6% 6% [ 9 ]
6% 6% [ 8 ]
5% 5% [ 7 ]
5% 5% [ 7 ]
8% 8% [ 12 ]
25% 25% [ 36 ]
13% 13% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 145

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:35 am

kind of why i suggested mass effect plus i felt like it would of been something everyone would beable to comment on because well it seems to be what brought the majority of us here

View user profile

27 Hello all on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 pm

This feels like a good place to say hi. I started following Arch with his ME 3 videos and have been a fan since. I voted for ME and comics specifically Marvel. I do agree that ME is problematic because of the equipment issues and the (what always felt like) problems in lore with powers. If cut scenes are canon then Jack can rip apart mechs but I never did that in game scratch . Still I do think it could be interesting if the parameters are ever figured out. I know Marvel better than DC so that works for me. I also always felt that DC had characters that were...to powerful. That maybe just my misinterpretation though.

View user profile

28 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm

First of all, hi Inkling, welcome to the forum =)

Second of all, the entire purpose of such a tournament is to see differing opinions and perspectives. So for example, for me the 'lore' levels of power between the characters is more established by cutscenes and accomplishments rather than gameplay. So I'd say Jack (for example) really is that powerful of a biotic... and so is Samara, whereas say Miranda is far weaker in that field. That's just my take of course, there's plenty of valid perspectives.

29 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Interesting thoughts. I agree with that and it's the same reason I try to consider canon characters > actions of the player character. Though we'll be at the mercy of consistent writing as always. i don't see where Shepard would fit in either tbh.

View user profile

30 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:46 pm

I think Shepard presents a problem as well. I wonder if Shepard is extraordinarily powerful or is the best combination of traits that makes Shepard the best leader/right person for the job but not the best in any area. I always pictured as Sheridan or Deleen from Babylon 5.

View user profile

31 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:26 am

I voted Zelda

But can we do the obligatory Nerevar vs. Hero of Kvatch vs. The Last Dragon Born battle.

View user profile

32 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:38 am

The Dragonborn yells at the Hero of Kvatch until the Hero of Kvatch turns him into a bad idea while the Nerevarine Reborn leaves the continent so as to not totally destabilize the entire setting for future games.
WINNER: Random Guard #87 who witnessed the altercation and decided it was a STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM situation.

33 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:28 am

Most player characters would be a bit tricky, though Shepard is a bit like Revan in that he/she is very charismatic, not necessarily the most skilled or powerful--as far as I understand.

View user profile

34 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:48 am

So far I'm seeing Zelda, Megaman, Metal Gear, Comics, and Mass Effect. Going to go ahead and finish out at least one of the existing tournaments before bringing up the next one in order of popularity.

35 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Oh man a comics tournament is gonna be crazy in marvel, doctor strange and scarlett witch are going to wreck house.

View user profile

36 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:44 am

So in future can we ommit Player Characters and OP charactered, who always win unless a certain condition is met.
No characters such as Shepard, Revan, Exile, Dragonborn, Inquisitor and etc - their power levels and everything else is determined by the player so effectively they are cheats.
If we are doing a comic book universe, no cosmic entities etc.
Bottom line, no characters that break the tournament because automatically they win.
Just throwing my two cents in.

View user profile

37 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:52 am

Agreed. In general what we'll be doing is leaving up a thread saying "Hey weigh in on whom you think should be allowed to participate", and reasoning will be required in several cases to justify.

38 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:55 pm

I concur. Player characters are a tricky thing to include since we have any number of power levels and other potential baggage to consider.

View user profile

39 Re: New Tournaments Ideas Poll, Vote Or Die on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Going to be setting up the ME Tournament for the next couple of weeks over here: http://speedrun4fun.forumotion.com/t843-mass-effect-tournament-setup-post

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum