» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fallout: New Vegas Palpatine Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fallout: New Vegas Palpatine Run on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:05 pm

Okay I've been doing this for a while now, but just recently come up with a name based on arch's stupid splendid interpretation of the fictional character of Sheev Palpatine from the starwars series. The premise of the run is simple. Complete the game on the side of Ceasar's Legion while fully completing each and every companion story line. At face value this seems easy, but in reality this is much harder to achieve than your average run. Most of the companions in the game absolutely detest Ceasar's Legion and will leave prematurely before completing their given quest and some may even attack you on sight. Even for some characters that don't downright hate the legion can still be fucked over by your actions from joining the legion.

This an excellent way to test your guile and cunning, to play both the NCR and your companions before ultimately betraying them in the end. Which leads to some very interesting endings for your companions once the legion wins the second battle of hoover damn.

Requirements: High Sneak, Barter, and Speech skills. The Ratslayer for quite assassinations. If compromised bringing a disguise on missions is highly advised. You can simply walk out of the enemies base rather than fight your way out which would cause more reputation loss.

Additional Notes: Cass, and Boone are extremely difficult to manipulate because they both have you openly kill members of both NCR (because I was bad karma) and Ceaser's Legion, causing a reputation loss for each. Additionally Cass will leave if your bad Karma gets too high. Never initiate dialogue with Cass, because this will trigger her leaving.

Ave, True to Caesar.

View user profile

2 Re: Fallout: New Vegas Palpatine Run on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:06 pm

I thought his name was Steve.

View user profile

3 Re: Fallout: New Vegas Palpatine Run on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Hahaha good luck with that.

On a similar note it's such a shame that the Legion wasn't fleshed out more. I read somewhere that Obsidian originally intended to make the East side of the Colorado River controlled by the Legion a playable area where you'd get to experience more Legion based content

View user profile

4 Re: Fallout: New Vegas Palpatine Run on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:10 am

Looks like Arcade's quest can only be triggered after Benny is killed. Which complicates things a little.

LibertyPrime wrote:
On a similar note it's such a shame that the Legion wasn't fleshed out more. I read somewhere that Obsidian originally intended to make the East side of the Colorado River controlled by the Legion a playable area where you'd get to experience more Legion based content

I would definetely make the run more easier, having a safe place to hide once shit hits the fan.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum