Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guilty Pleasure Games?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Guilty Pleasure Games? on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:08 am

I think one of the elements in gaming these days that is lost is just enjoying a game for being a game no matter what others think. One thing that has made it easier for me to create my lists is judging based on personal pleasure opposed to outsider ratings, but regardless I'm sure we all have at least one game out there that maybe is mediocre or below that a majority of people don't enjoy or acknowledge much, but has become one of your favorites.

So what the question is, what is/are yours?

Mine I've mentioned before a couple times being X-Men Legends/X-Men Legends 2 for the PS2 (I like the Ultimate Alliance games but X-Men Legends were so much more fun). The graphics weren't the greatest, there were few buggy issues and repetitiveness. It defiantly wasn’t a game for everyone, but what I found appealing about it was it was the most fun I had in a beat 'em up since Turtles in Time for the SNES with an RPG element. I also loved exploring some of the sites like the X-Mansion. It’s actually my 6th favourite game series.

I also loved 3 DBZ Legacy of Goku games. GBA was really good at creating simple but fun games and to me I like them better than any Dragon Ball game out there because of how well they executed the story and gameplay. But majority of people prefer the straight up fighters.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

2 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Destiny. It has the most interactive story I've played in decades. Lol, I'm trolling.

For real the graphics, art style, and gunplay always grabbed my attention. Not having a story tremendously hurts the game because it has so much potential from it environments and unique setting.

View user profile

3 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Resident Evil 5 can play the damn game forever and as many times as i like and for some reason i don't get bored story is very well bad, its just so fun to play was really sad when they ruined RE6 -_-

View user profile

4 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:19 pm

There's a lot of of games that are a guilty pleasure. Day of the tentacle, Sid meire's colonisation, theme park/hospital. As for modern games I suppose fight night would qualify.

View user profile

5 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:42 am

Galgun, Akibastrip, Huniepop, Kamidori Alchemy.

As for not perverted ones:

Harvest Moon. Really though, I just plain old don't care what others think. I pla whatever I wanna play Smile

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/SKmuffinEXE

6 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:23 am

Deadly Premonition, amazing story. We're talking 10/10, one of the best in the genre, easily, but absolutely terrible gameplay. They threw together the worst elements from Silent Hill and GTA and called it a day.

View user profile

7 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:01 pm

I finally came up with one; F-Zero GX!

If you don't know why, here you go.

8 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Deadly premonition looks amazing. Got it on ps+ but can play until I renew. I played about an hour but you're right the gameplag is a chore. Seems like a really unique style of game to me.

View user profile

9 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Sonic Rush Series.

View user profile

10 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:17 pm

nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile

11 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:39 am

Future Cop on PS1 is one of my favorite games ever because of it's multiplayer mode. The single player mode is what makes it a bad game, boring, repetitive, and bland gameplay tied to a cliché and dumb story. I'm sure most people would consider it a crappy game and I would agree if not for the multiplayer. I have had hours upon hours of great fun while facing off against my brother in that game since I was a kid. So yeah, that's my guilty pleasure game. Smile

View user profile

12 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Sonic Adventure 2.

View user profile

13 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:26 pm

RUNESCAAAAAAAAAPE!~!!!!!!!!

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnHpJk49ofrQWHCSW7oAbBA

14 Re:Guilty Pleasure Games on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:49 am

Deus Ex Machina: Demonbane. The amount of cheese and just pure silliness in writing... A superhuman boxer who is really human and can catch a swinging katana with his teeth...
The utter abandoment of seriousness and the setting being a tribute to Lovecraftian horror is what makes me enjoy reading this Visual Novel time after time. Even with all the bad in it the epic moments still feel epic to me.

View user profile

15 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 am

Destiny. I saw arch took a pop at it the other day on the stream. I used to as well. Then I got a discounted Ltd edition copy with both expansions for £40... And boy am I addicted. The story is a nonsense, there is a lot of grinding, but mechanically it is lots of fun. Good game to play while, say, playing a Kotor lorerun in the background, or listening to a podcast. Very intense multiplayer and the raids are the closest to dark souls I will get.

View user profile

16 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:21 am

Monster Party on the NES; Fester's Quest as well. I loved an old Hybrid RPG, RTS, Keep manager called Conquer 1086. It had many elements that would have made a great game but it was fun and you could write a story in your head for it.

View user profile

17 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Sengoku Rance.

It's bursting at the seams from all the h-content in it (rather skeevy as well), but I really like the gameplay. Especially the labyrinthine tree of scripts that keeps all the cutscene events going.

View user profile

18 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Tokyo School Life, still waiting for a rumination.

View user profile

19 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:59 am

RPG Maker games. The good, bad, and the ugly

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

20 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:46 am

@ZeroCool: Thinking about it I could prob add RE5 to my list as well. I played the entire game in one sitting (13hrs) with an exgf in the past remember having a blast. Also beat this with another friend in a couple sittings. The multiplayer element despite being very action-like (which lot of RE fans hate - I don't mind it) was something to appreciate. 6 would've made a good movie, I didn't mind it just soooo many QTE which is the only thing that bugged me in 5.

@Inkling: Not knocking it, just curious on the appeal of Fester's Quest? My cousin gave me his copy back in the day and remember it was extremely hard. I assume you had to be somewhat good at the game? I like the Adam's Family though.

@LibertyPrime: I think we all are waiting for Arch to bust out his inner weeaboo.

21 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Honestly Bowmen it is probably more about the amount of time I spent with the game and the payoff when I finally finished it. It is sort of like learning a skill that is hard to do but has not practical application, like getting good at the cup and ball game, you are not really sure why you did it, but the sense of satisfaction you get from finishing it is worth the headache. Now that I know what I am doing it is something I can turn off my brain and play. Plus I played it with my dad and so there is that factor, it was good bonding time.

View user profile

22 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:28 am

Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Despite it's lack of story and ugly robots, the generic gameplay actually works with the level and enemies and the boss fights are great with Stratosphere being one of the best I've ever fought.

View user profile

23 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:32 am

Inkling wrote:Honestly Bowmen it is probably more about the amount of time I spent with the game and the payoff when I finally finished it. It is sort of like learning a skill that is hard to do but has not practical application, like getting good at the cup and ball game, you are not really sure why you did it, but the sense of satisfaction you get from finishing it is worth the headache. Now that I know what I am doing it is something I can turn off my brain and play. Plus I played it with my dad and so there is that factor, it was good bonding time.
I get ya, just interesting to hear other's perspectives rather than the majority. Next time I hook up my NES I'll give it another go.

24 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Sorry, but I kinda like FF XIII-2. I'm scared I might really like it.

View user profile

25 Re: Guilty Pleasure Games? on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 am

Crystal Bearers. I admit to running through the game a couple of times just for the story and cutscenes.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum