» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I the only one who doesn't immediately loathe the new metroid spinoff?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I mean Jesus christ look at this comments section, this game is getting a ton of bile thrown at it... Shocked

Considering that we still don't know what Retro studios is working on and that this game seems to be more of a spin off than a proper game, this doesn't seem like it would have any effect on the potential development of a new metroid. This just seems like a complete over reaction.

View user profile
I'm excited for it just because it is Metroid.

View user profile
As I mentioned multiple times during the Treehouse thing what will sell me or not is the presence of single player, story mode, or some combination thereof. But I don't hate it at all, in fact it looks like some good Left 4 Dead style fun.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. Take a moment and realize had gamers acted this way all along we might've not have gotten Mario Kart or Wind Waker because they weren't traditional cookie cutters in game or appearance.

As a gamer I feel this was a huge blow to what gamers stand for as a whole. It feels like people that have a passion for video games aren't gamers by the traditional definition, which is just enjoying the game. Instead we live in an Internet era where everyone is a critic, which is alright to be since we all want our voices to be heard. But taking action in this manner is going to hurt a lot of genuine fans and put a sour reputation on video game/nintendo/metroid fans of being sour.

I wasn't planning on getting this game, but never did I chop it to bits because it wasn't traditional, I'm just not going to buy it. Heck even if they made Final Fantasy 7 every way possible as something I did not like, I would never have it be canceled.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com
It gives the Metroid series a chance to branch out to new audiences like resident evil 5. As someone who has not played any Metroid games I was interested in this. But it seems the fans don't want me to play their series they love so much /s

View user profile
The Lorerunner wrote:I... wow.  Just... WOW. There's a petition up to DISCONTINUE PRODUCTION OF THE GAME.  I cannot put into words how disgusting that is.

It's like people don't understand that this wasn't made instead of a proper metroid game and is a [b]SPIN OFF[b] to the series not a replacement, I get the sentiment that metroid fans haven't gotten a prime game for over half a decade but I don't think it justifies the utter condemnation this game is getting.

And here comes our wonderful game journalists to throw gasoline on the fire...

https://archive.is/qSq6v

View user profile
PencilManners wrote:
The Lorerunner wrote:I... wow.  Just... WOW. There's a petition up to DISCONTINUE PRODUCTION OF THE GAME.  I cannot put into words how disgusting that is.

It's like people don't understand that this wasn't made instead of a proper metroid game and is a SPIN OFF to the series not a replacement, I get the sentiment that metroid fans haven't gotten a prime game for over half a decade but I don't think it justifies the utter condemnation this game is getting.

If there is only one reason why the market crash needs to happen sooner rather than later, this is it.  It's sad that these people are a significant presence in our industry.  And if that petition represents a good margins of customers, than it says that gaming consumers don't want anything innovative nor new.

View user profile
PencilManners wrote:

It's like people don't understand that this wasn't made instead of a proper metroid game and is a [b]SPIN OFF[b] to the series not a replacement, I get the sentiment that metroid fans haven't gotten a prime game for over half a decade but I don't think it justifies the utter condemnation this game is getting.

If they don't like the game, all they need to do is not buy it. Simple as that. It's existence on the market isn't hurting anything unless it actually introduces terrible trends to the market, which in this case doesn't seem to be possible at all.

And you are right. Are they really stupid enough to think this games is responsible for delaying a proper Metroid game?

View user profile
People are probably offended because it's not to their taste. I'm guessing that's what the bloggers are running with to produce their articles. Sod the people that will enjoy it, or the artistic freedom and freedom of a company to produce their creation. A petition? What are they thinking?

View user profile
lol

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum