» September 30: Underale
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cancelled Games - share your pain!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:08 am

Ok, so I wanted to ask you all whether any of you have found yourself at any time keenly anticipating the launch of a game only to see it get cancelled? I remember being super-pumped for the 3rd instalment of Fear Effect back in the day, but Eidos ended up pulling the plug on what was to be called Fear Effect Inferno late 2003. Gutted doesn't begin to explain how I felt!

So cancelled games - share your pain.

View user profile

2 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:20 pm

StarCraft: Ghost by far and away. As a StarCraft fan and with FPS being one of my favorite genres, I was looking forward to this game so much. The trailer looked amazing, too.

Another one would be Star Wars 1313. That one actually looked legitimately cool and I was psyched to see a new side of Coruscant. Couldn't care less if the gameplay looked like a clone of Uncharted's or not - I just wanted to play it.

View user profile

3 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Not a big one but worthy of sharing; Darksiders 3 and onwards.

Also Kingdoms of Amalur 2.

4 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 pm

If I ever see Curt Shilling, in person, I want to console him, and tell him Amular deserved better.

I've only played a demo, but I've heard enough about it to come to the conclusion it wasn't a bad game.

View user profile

5 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 am

@ Theodoricos

Star Wars 1313 looked every bit the grounded Star Wars game I've been longing to play for the longest time now. Such a shame!

@ Arch

I have the vague recollection reading that Nordic Games had every intention of making another Darksiders game. Though I didn't take to the first two, I'll keep my fingers crossed for those who did!

View user profile

6 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:36 am

KOTOR 3, For obvious reasons. I do hope if they do make it that they keep the recent Bioware nonsense out of it, ME3 and DA:I didn't feel right at all.

View user profile

7 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 pm

I have a few.

X-Women: The Sinister Virus (Sega Genesis) I'm a huge X-Men mark and X-Men is a series that females can get into fairly easy since it has a romantic aspect/so many characters so a game devoted to them would've been cool during that time.

Perfect Dark Zero (GameCube) This game came out exclusively later on the X-Box 360 since Microsoft purchased Rare, but being a PS/NES console guy along with loving the Rare FPS games from the N64 I would've taken it for the GC like a hand-to-glove.

Megaman Universe (PlayStation 3/X-Box 360) Probably the biggest one for me. Epic 80's like teaser trailer and you could create your own megaman AND level creator!...so sad.

Star Wars 1313 (PlayStation 4/XBone/PC) Obviously like many Disney hurt us with this one.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

8 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Legend of Dragoon 2:(

Star Wars 1313 looked really promising too. If we are talking likely cancelled but not officially then The Last Guardian hits the hardest. Both Ico and SotC are in my top ten.

View user profile

9 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:00 am

There was an interesting looking PSP RPG called Ushiro that was going to come out around 2008-2009 that I was pretty bummed to see get cancelled. It was made by Level 5 the people who did Dragon Quest 8, Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 1-2 so I was pretty pumped for it. Oh well maybe someday.

View user profile

10 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:03 am

Prey 2

I guess we can't have a non-white guy with a little bit of stubble in our mainstream games.

View user profile

11 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:57 pm

I was a huge fan of The Getaway 1 and 2, so I was especially gutted when The Getaway 3 just seemed abruptly shelved.

View user profile

12 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury.

View user profile

13 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:50 am

well not technically cancelled but it's been so long it might as well never happen...

Shenmue 3! Dammit! I need to know what happens next! So much potential...

and Kingdoms of Amalur 2 as well

View user profile

14 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:58 am

I really really! wanted Warhammer 40k Space marine 2.
I hope the god emperor of man will bless us with it someday... Pretty please

View user profile

15 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:20 am

Soneji wrote:Legend of Dragoon 2:(

Yeah I can feel your Pain Sad

View user profile

16 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:58 am

That would be Project Offset(working title) being developed by Offset Software until Intel bought them in 2008 and cancelled the game in 2010.

View user profile

17 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.
No, that thing they revealed on April 1st doesn't count.

View user profile

18 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:27 am

So many interesting, abandoned projects over the years. I have an old GameInformer mag with a cover-story on Command & Conquer Tiberium. A tactical squad based FPS that was worked on for years, and consequently canned. My honorable mentions' would have to be StarCraft Ghost, and the multitude of Resident Evil games that were cancelled.RE1.5, RE1(gbc), The game they were going to make featuring Hunk, showing his journey through Raccoon City(assets for which were later used for RE Nemesis) Crazy, how many Resident Evil games Capcom cancelled more than half way through developement.

View user profile

19 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:27 am

Kingdoms of Amalur sequel. Arc the Lad 5, End of Darkness was crap so it doesn't count. Sakura Taisen Games coming to the states. Remake of FF7, someone had to go ahead and get it out of the way. Jade Empire 2. Darksiders 3. [insert JRPG name] of many franchises that either has gone 10+ years with out anything to show or a series never brought over. I could go on but that would take up pages of space.

View user profile

20 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:22 am

Commander Keen: Universe is Toast. Tease at the end of Goodbye Galaxy. A fan has made a mod-trilogy but it would've been nice to see a official ending. Plus the Grand Intellect would've been in it and that guy is evil.

View user profile

21 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 am

Kotor 3,
Infinity engine games (that's a cheat answer sorry),
Alan wake 2.

View user profile

22 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:31 pm

It's not cancelled but persona 5 not coming to Europe as far as I know so either I shall have to pay extra money to have it imported from the US and hope it's not region locked on the ps3 or just watch a walk through when it comes out on Youtube :'(.

View user profile

23 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sat May 30, 2015 2:00 am

So it looks like we got the following...

Painful Losses
Fear Effect Inferno the 3rd instalment of Fear Effect.
StarCraft: Ghost
Star Wars 1313
Kingdoms of Amalur 2
KOTOR 3
X-Women: The Sinister Virus
Megaman Universe
Legend of Dragoon 2
Ushiro
Prey 2
The Getaway 3
Warhammer 40k Space marine 2
Arc the Lad 5 not End of Darkness
Remake of FF7
Commander Keen: Universe is Toast

Shared Mentions
Darksiders 3 and onwards
The Last Guardian
Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury
Shenmue 3
Project Offset(working title)
Command & Conquer Tiberium
The multitude of Resident Evil games that were cancelled
Jade Empire 2
[insert JRPG name] of many franchises that either has gone 10+ years with out anything to show or a series never brought over
Alan wake 2
Infinity engine games

Exclusive steals
Perfect Dark Zero exclusively on the X-Box 360
Sakura Taisen Games coming to the states
Persona 5 not coming to Europe

Last edited by 789TheN00B on Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

24 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sun May 31, 2015 12:25 pm

KOTOR 3 I guess, dont care about SWTOR and well... *tears up* ... you know what I mean...

Also, i am not sure about this one, but did Bioware cancel Mass Effect 3 after releasing this demo few years back... I am still waiting.

View user profile

25 Re: Cancelled Games - share your pain! on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:14 pm

One of the most painful moments to my psyche throughout my entire life was when Capcom cancelled Megaman Legends 3....I hold the first two Legends games as some of my favorite games of all time. The only games I have ever played that honestly made me feel like I was in that game world and setting were the Metal Gear Solid series, Final Fantasy 12, Fallout 3, and the two Megaman Legends games....I LOVE Megaman Legends 1 and 2. The cancellation of Megaman Legends 3 is a scar that I will always have... Sad

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum