» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Galactic Empire

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Galactic Empire on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:38 pm

So, what do you guys think that effectively ruined Palpatine's new order that started out pretty greatly, all things considered? Is it Tarkin? The old guard becoming in charge? Or something else?

View user profile

2 Re: The Galactic Empire on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Did Palpatine get dumber as he became the epitome of the dark side. It's probably he writing but he seemed less intelligent political player instilled with the patience and focus of his rule of two predecessors and more .... Mwuhaha I'm going to mess around because I'm so many levels above you. Foolish jedi.

View user profile

3 Re: The Galactic Empire on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 am

There are several factors in why the Empire ultimately died.. but I'll list 2 major reasons why:
1. Tarkin. Palpatine allowed him to create dissent in the Empire, thus the rapid growth of the Rebellion. This guy is one evil bastard, he was the only one who willingly ordered the Death Star to fire upon a planet.. whereas Palpatine had only used it against the Rebels during the Battle of Endor.
2. Arrogance. Once Palpatine didn't need to hide anymore, he abandoned all use of the Light, thus losing his balance within the Force. This caused him to ultimately become complacent, something a leader should NEVER be.

View user profile

4 Re: The Galactic Empire on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 am

Empires fall. It's their fate from day 1.

View user profile

5 Re: The Galactic Empire on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:26 am

Frozen's answers are basically mine. K's too really (entropy and all that) but I've often felt that if Palpatine had continued being a Grey, we would have had a very different storyline. In actual fact I've thought about pursuing an Elseworlds storyline about a Grey Empire situation sometime, since I think it'd drastically change basically everything about the setting from Revenge onwards.

6 Re: The Galactic Empire on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:50 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:Frozen's answers are basically mine.  K's too really (entropy and all that) but I've often felt that if Palpatine had continued being a Grey, we would have had a very different storyline.  In actual fact I've thought about pursuing an Elseworlds storyline about a Grey Empire situation sometime, since I think it'd drastically change basically everything about the setting from Revenge onwards.

You know Arch, I'd be interested in seeing you do videos devoted entirely to how you would have done certain story related things(like movies or games), instead of the small segments that have such a thing in your videos. Kind of like your alternate Mass Effect 3 ending video. Maybe even videos about elseworlds stories kind of like your Grey Empire idea above.

View user profile

7 Re: The Galactic Empire on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:47 pm

Defitely a kind of series that would suit. Would love that personally.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum