Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Share Your Top Video Game Lists

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Some people may possibly know me from Arch's / Lorerunner's stream, where I hang out from time to time. With the new video up, I thought I might give this forum a try, there seem to be a lot of fun and interesting topics around here. But I guess the most fitting way to join a forum is with a post in the mother of all video game discussion topics. So here I go. I'll add some brief descriptions as to why I love these games as much as I do, just in case anyone actually feels like reading these.

Spoiler:
#20 - Spyro The Dragon
I have to admit that the main reason I love this game so much is nostalgia. Spyro is the second game that I ever owned, and I used to play the crap out of it when I was younger. However, I replayed the game a couple of years ago and I must say it still holds up. It's just a fun 3D platformer, and with the gliding mechanic as well as the duality of fire and horn attacks, it has its own distinct identity as far as gameplay goes. The camera doesn't work ideally, as was the case for a lot of early 3D games, but aside from that, like I said, it still holds up.

#19 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Let me start off by saing that Metal Gear has the single best story I've ever come across in fiction, and MGS3's in particular is the best of the series. The reason why it's so good is that, unliked MGS2 or 4, it is relatively self-contained, and it srings together a lot more themes than MGS1. The reason why the game is not higher on the list is that I don't enjoy playing it that much. The constant requirement to switch uniforms and treat injuries gets tedious fast, and I don't enjoy the overly green color palette of the game that much. These sound like minor gripes, but they really wear me out after a while. Still, it's a very good game with an incredible story, that deserves a spot here.

#18 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
To my shame I have to admit that I was never able to get into the Metroid series. I tried it a couple of times, Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Prime, Other M, but it never clicked with me. The games are fun sure (even Other M), but I just lose interest after a while. However, if you take that formula and add a couple of RPG elements, suddenly motivation is not an issue at all anymore. That's exactly what this game does: Take Super Metroid's formula and add just a little bit of old-school JRPG goodness. It's incredible, always fun to play and the soundtrack is amazing. Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears ... but my personal favorite has got to be 'Lost Painting'.

#17 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
I'm not a big fighting game guy, mainly because my execution is way too bad. But there's something about the specific control setup of the Smash series, that make the games very easy to get into, yet still difficult to master. There's rarely a moment where I lose a match because I can't get out the right move at the right time like for example in the Street Fighter games. It just works and it's tons of fun to pick up your favorite Nintendo character and start smashing heads. Back in the day, I used to play this game with a couple of friends on the couch and on the floor, and it was an absolute blast each and every time.

#16 - Pokémon Red/Blue
I don't think I need to say anything about these games. Pretty much everyone knows what they're about and what the appeal is. So let me instead tell you a personal story. I don't know know it was in the US, but here in Germany, Red and Blue actually came out after the show started airing. All the kids where into it, and when we got wind that there was a game coming, we had to get our hands on them. I actually saved up 50 bucks, I even asked my grandmother for a bit of money, trying to convince her how big of a deal this game is. But I was still 10 bucks short. Luckily though, a friend of my uncle worked in a local electronics store, and he was able to get me a discount, with which I was just barely able to buy the game. I still didn't own a Gameboy though, but that wasn't a problem, because seeing that I got the game, one of my friends was eager to lend me his Super Gameboy for the SNES, so we could all play it together. I still remember us playing this game on the big TV in my parent's bedroom. Ah, the good old days. Every once in a while I still get the Pokemon fever, but the formula got a bit old for me over the years.

#15 - Demon's Souls
Out of the two Souls games that I've played, this is the one I prefer. It's hard to pinpoint exactly why, but one of the reasons is its linearity. I just think that the semi open world and the metroid-esque progression system of Dark Souls doesn't work in the game's favor as well as the simpler approach of Demon's Souls. Having to memorize which path led to where, where you had been already and where you still needed to go back to and why was just one too many struggle. The game was challenging enough without it. Demon's Souls was easier approachable and less daunting due to its linearity, yet the minute-to-minute gameplay was just as challenging, if not moreso. It wasn't just about gameplay though, the style of the game and the atmosphere were great as well. To this day, 3-1, The Tower of Latria, remains one of my favorite levels in any video game.

#14 - Final Fantasy XII
In my opinion, Final Fantasy XII is one of the most underrated roleplaying games ever. I mean, sure, the characters can't hold a candle to some of the others in the series. Except for Balthier and Basch, they're all just rather bland. But that's fine. A game doesn't need to do everything right. There are still plenty of other good asepcts to it, and the combat system is one of them. FF12 was the first Final Fantasy game for me, where grinding was actually fun. The gambit system was great as well and I loved the license board and the world of the game. Now, I don't know if this is just my imagination, but I feel like over the years, the reputation of this game has increased quite a bit. Maybe more people are starting to look beneath the surface and see how good this game really is, or maybe FF13 is really just that much worse. Very Happy

#13 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
I am a sucker for cyberpunk, and it's really hard to explain why. It's as though whenever I get immersed in these dystopian worlds, I feel this strange urge, wanderlust almost, to experience them firsthand, to live in them, even though they're supposed to be horrible and vile. For some reason I crave to walk through a rainy neon-lit metropolitan street 100 years from now. Human Revolution is probably the closest I ever got to experience it myself. The game itself is incredible, though. The gameplay is incredibly complex, there's a lot of freedom and aesthetically, the it's just gorgeous. I did not like where the story was going towards the end, but aside from that, I had a blast playing this game. Oh yeah, again, incredible soundtrack, but that's true for almost all the games on this list.

#12 - Resident Evil (2002)
This is the game that started my love for Resident Evil and thus for speedrunning as well. It wasn't my first game in the series, since I had played RE4 shortly after its release. But that game didn't click for me, really. Sure, it was a well-constructed piece of entertainment, but I wasn't particularly impressed. It wasn't until I decided to expand my Gamecube collection that I truly fell in love with the series, because the older Resident Evil games are really nothing like RE4 and the more modern ones. Now, I'm not a fan of zombies and I'm not a fan of the horror genre. But the gameplay is just so much fun. Basically, classic Resident Evil is Metroid in a more realistic scenario and with puzzles sprinkled throughout. The 2002 remake of the original, which was just recently remastered in HD by the way, is one of my favorites in the series and one of only two games for which I ever bothered to get all the achievements.

#11 - Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
I love this game, even more than MGS3. Technically and from a more objective position, it's not really as good, especially since the gameplay is much more basic. But it just speaks more to my personal preferences. First of all, I just prefer Solid Snake over Naked Snake, I just prefer Ocelot as an old genius bada** over the young genius bada**, and the more science-fiction-y feel of the environment is great as well. Most people prefer the original MGS1 over this remake, but I just like the improved graphics and the hyper-stylized cutscenes. It's just another take on a true classic video game, but either version is great.

#10 - Deadly Premonition
Okay, starting off my Top 10 is the only game on the list, that honestly isn't even a good game at all. It's horrible. The gameplay in particular is just absolutely horrendous. It has the most basic shooting mechanics, bad pacing, lazy encounter design, the driving mechanics ... guys, don't even get me started. This game basically took the worst from Silent Hill and GTA and threw it together. There are quite a few technical problems as well, so yeah, it's really not a good game at all. But, there's just something amazing about the game's incomptence in nearly every aspect. It's sort of like one of these so-bad-it's-good-movies like The Room or Samurai Cop. But honestly, that description alone wouldn't do the game justice, because there's one aspect where Deadly Premonition is not just good at, but where it excels to the point where it almost rivals MGS3: the story. It starts off so simple and weird, but it grows so complex and even weirder, by the end of it, you are on the edge of your seat and simply left speechless by what the narrative is pulling off. So, if you are a fan of good storytelling, particularly if there's a lot of symbolism and psychology involved, it's definitely worth suffering through this game.

#09 - The Last of Us
I just recently played this game and was completely blown away. In my opinion, The Last of Us is the new pinnacle in interactive storytelling. The story itself is nothing crazy, but just the way it is told is incredible. Archengeia would love the story-gameplay-integration in this one, if it wasn't as depressive as it is, and trust me, it really is. But what I love is that, even though the story is simple, there's a lot, and I mean a lot, of food for thought. It throws out so many moral questions that the player has to anser himself. And depending on how he answers them, he can view this character study of the two protagonists differently. This is not a good versus evil story, instead the game says: This is what happens, and that's how life is. And you can either be depressed by it or try to take away something positive from it. It's genius in how simple and yet meaningful the story is, and how incredibly well it is told. And hey, the gameplay is fun, too!

#08 - The Last Story
The Last Story is the real Final Fantasy XIII. Seriously, this game is so good and underappreciated. I've seen so many Top 10 Wii games lists with no mention of it, it almost makes me sick, I must admit. This game is just absolutely gorgeous. It's a team up of Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu, two of the original three Final Fantasy greats, with only Yoshitaka Amano missing in the art department. And it really shows. To this day The Last Story has probably been the last game that had me in its grip so much, that I literally could not stop playing it. The characters where just so endearing, the plot so exciting, the music so emotional, the gameplay so fun, the customization so addictive. If you are a fan of Final Fantasy and don't mind the more action-y approach of the combat, you need to play this game. In a sense, The last Story is to Final Fantasy what Mass Effect 2 is to Baldur's Gate. So if you like the idea of that, just absolutely get your hands on it now.

#07 - Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Okay, another underappreciated gem. If you ask 10 BOF fans what their least favorite game in the series is, 9 and a half will mention this one. But I love it. This is the perfect example of Canada Dry. What people critisize is the time constraint players have when tryint to beat the game. It inevitably forces you to restart the game at least once, but probably twice or even three times before you get the chance to finish it. Then there's also the fact that there are just three main characters and that while the idea behind the gameplay is great, there are barely any moves to learn or items to obtain. It's like the developers just finished desisgning the conceüt and then were forced to suddenly finish the game. But on the other hand, this is one of the most atmospheric games I have ever played, partly because it features the single greatest postapocalyptic world of any game ever and partly because of Hitoshi Sakimoto's best score yet. He has done Vagrant Story and FF Tactics before as well as FF12 since, but this games Soundtrack is on another level. Just listen to 'Calling From A Distance'. The villains in this game are also really intriguing, but yeah, it's the atmosphere that tollay carries this game. I love it.

#06 - Diablo II
Okay, this is going to be a shorter paragraph. I mean, Diablo II, come on, what more do I need to say? Killing monsters, finding loot, leveling skills, rinse and repeat. It's this exact formula, executed perfectly. I remember, when i was younger, a friend and me would do regular two man LAN parties, just for this game, where we would carry each other's computers and CRT monitors across half the town by foot. Looking back on it, I think we might have been crazy, but it was definitely worth all the sore muscles and blisters we got from it. Oh yeah, my favorite character was probably a Shockadin, which is a Paladin with maxed out Shock Aura. Killing enemies just by running past them was just too much fun. It didn't work that well on the hell difficulty, but for leveling new characters, it was amazing to have a Shockadin on the side.

#05 - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
This is my favorite Resident Evil game. I like that it's just a tad more linear than RE1 and 2, and the fact that the environments are much more varied helps a lot as well. Nemesis is also great, he's probably one of my favorite enemies in games. Just the concept of this one super strong foe that would follow you throughout the entirity of the game is great. This is also my favorite game to speedrun, whether it's on PC or emulator, any% or knife%, which is basically using the knife only for doing damage. Because this is my main game for speedrunning, I've played through it a lot more than any other game. And yeah, it does get tiresome after a while, but never enough to the point where I eventually can't come back after taking a break. It's the best Resident Evil game, in my opinion.

#04 - Deus Ex
So, I've already talked about how much I like cyberpunk and how great Human Revolution is, but this game, even though it's 11 years older, is even better. I don't think there's any action game with more complex gameplay than Deus Ex, even to this day. It's just the ultimate marriage of FPS and RPG elements and it offers even more freedom than Human Revolution when it comes to tackling objectives. The only thing about it that doesn't quite hold up anymore is the AI, which is unfortunately rather stupid, but then again, I personally don't need good AI in a game, at least not in one where fighting enemies is just one of many options you have. The story is much more engaging compared to Human Revolution as well, and it finishes on a much higher note, although it can get confusing here and there if you don't pay attention, I have to admit. The music, same deal, it's incredible. But there's also this kind of extra quality to the game. For the most part, the voice acting is adequate and the dilaog is quite well written, but occasionally the quality dips into hilarioius cheesiness, which is why there are many memorable quotes floating around the internet. "I spill my drink", "what a shame", "Mr. JC Denton, in da fresh" ... the list goes on. So yeah, it can be a bit cheesy and unintentionally hilarious, but not enough where it detracts from the overall seriousness of the game, which is a great balance.

#03 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
I really like Oblivion and Skyrim, but Morrowind is just leagues above them, in my opinion. Sure, the combat doesn't hold up and feels rather rudimentary in comparison. But The Elder Scrolls has never been about combat, it has always been about the world first and foremost. And I'm sorry, but Oblivion's and Skyrim's world pale in comparison to the hauntingly fascinating Vvardenfell. Accompanied by Jeremy Soulsed best score to date, this game just oozes atmosphere. There's nothing like the feeling of leaving a dungeon, not many resources left, trying to find your way back to town in a rainy night where you can't see much, and then finally seeing the lights of the torches and entering the door to a warm and well-lit place as the sound of the rain stops and this peaceful music starts playing. If there's any game out there in need of a remake, it is this one. If you improved the combat system and added voice acting as well as improved the graphics while keeping the same general style and look to things, you'd pretty much have the perfect roleplaying game.

#02 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
This is the third and final Metal Gear game on this list. Like I said, the story doesn't stand on its own as well as MGS1 or 3, but in a way, that's exactly the point of the game. The point is to bring the existing story to the most epic and bombastic finale video games have ever seen. This game is without a doubt one of my fondest memories of the previous console generation. For somebody who played the original MGS close to when it came out and has followed the series since, the fourth installment ist simply incredible. The entire game, but especially act 4 and 5 were probably one of the most emotional experiences I've ever had with a video game. And it's also simply awe-inspiring how MGS4 manages to flawlessly string together so many complex story threads into on one epic, perfect finale. Guns of the Patriots is definetely my favorite game of the last console generation and my favorite Metal Gear as well. A lot of people critisize this game in particular for the super long cutscenes, but the cutscenes are the entire point of the game! I mean, yeah, of course, not the entire point, but I'll just end this paragraph with a quote form Greg Kasavin, Gamespot's fromer editor in chief, regarding MGS2. The statement holds up for the entire series: "Some would argue that you're supposed to play a game and not just sit there and watch it. Why not just go to the movies or watch TV or something? Well, it's because Metal Gear Solid 2 is better than what's playing at the movies or what's on TV."

#01 - Final Fantasy X
Ever since Final Fantasy X came out, it has been my favorite game. It was love on first sight. When i saw this game on a German video game show, I just knew I had to have it. This game is the reason I bought my PS2, it's the reason I got into the Final Fantasy series and JRPG's in general, it's the one game that has ever made me sleepwalk, the one game that I played for 21 hours without break and the one game that has made me cry like no other. Almost everything about this game is perfection. The artistic desgin of the world and characters is beautiful, the soundtrack of the game is simply unrivaled, the characters themselves are well-written and varied, the story is so exciting, tragic, emotional but ultimately satisfying, the battle system is perfect, I love the sphere grid, the amount of content, especially optional content, is mindblowing. I mean, this is the perfect JRPG. Well, it would be, if it didn't have random encounters. That's the one thing I dislike about this game. But other than that ... I don't even want to keep going on, because otherwise I'd just sound like a drooling fanboy, or perhaps I should say "even more like a drooling fanboy". Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the PS4 HD version. I didn't grab the PS3 one, but I'll definitely pick this one up, especially since you'll be able to choose between the original and remastered soundtrack. Why they even bothered to remaster it is beyond me. I mean, I'm sure they did a good job, after all, I believe it was done by Masashi Hamauzu, who was Ueamtsu's right hand man during the composition of the original FFX score and who also did the soundtrack to FFXIII. But why would you remaster the best soundtrack ever in the first place!? Anyway, I can have the original one in the PS4 version, so that'll be great. Yeah, Final Fantasy X, my favorite game. Love it.

View user profile

27 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Hey all, retro guy here. Smile I prefer tiers to lists, but it would go something like this:

1. Starcraft/BW
2. Rocket Knight Adventures
3. Langrisser II
4. Link's Awakening
5. Panorama Cotton
6. Fallout 2 w/ mods
7. Baldur's Gate w/ mods
8. Heroes of Might and Magic 3
9. Wonder Boy III
10. Mother 3

20-50 can be found on my Favslist page (Ali's Anger).

View user profile

28 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:29 pm

My top 3 games

1. Final Fantasy 7
2. The Last Of Us
3. Dark Souls

Last edited by Shaco on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

29 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:34 pm

1.Those are equal, I've spent years trying to decide which i like better but i couldn't, these are mine FFVIs: Baldur's Gate 2, Persona 4.
2.Planescape: Torment
3.Dark Souls 1 and 2, bcuz its one game for me.
4.Neverwinter Nights Shadow of the Undertinde & Hordes of the Unbderdark
5.Final Fantasy IX
6.Vindictus
7.Mass Effect 2
8.The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
9.Witcher 2
10.Baldur's Gate 1

View user profile

30 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 am

Hi everybody, new to the forum. Been working hard trying to figure out my list:
When I learn how to add spoiler tags I will do! Any help appreciated.

Legendary games:
FF6
Baldurs gate 1/2
Da: origins
FF4
Starcraft
Alpha Centauri
Fallout 3
Kotor
Deus Ex

Elite games:
Ocarina of Time
Dark Souls
Planescape Torment
Portal
Silent Hill 2
Oblivion/Skyrim
Super Metroid

Notes: with mods is legendary, but without mods I can't justify placing it.

View user profile

31 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:56 pm

My joint three favourite games of all time: (in no particular order)

Final Fantasy 6; Fallout New Vegas, TES V Skyrim

My next seven favourite games:

TES IV Oblivion
Civ V (BNW)
Europa Universalis 3 (with all expansions)
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy 7
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy 9

View user profile

32 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:54 pm

It wasn't an easy task, but I've managed to narrow it down to my top ten. I find it interesting how many sequels actually managed to beat the originals, considering how often I too criticize the industry for relying too heavily on sequels and remakes.

Top 10:
10. Alone in the Dark 2
9. King's Quest VI
8. Day of the Tentacle
7. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripjaty
6. Max Payne 2
5. Mass Effect 2
4. Kotor 2
3. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Blue Force
1. Another World

View user profile

33 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:41 am

1. TES IV: Oblivion
2. TES III: Morrowind
3. TES V: Skyrim *
4. Dragon Age: Origins
5. Persona 3 **
6. Tekken 5
7. Metal Gear Solid 3
8. Metal Gear Solid 4
9. Mortal Kombat 9
10. Kingdom Hearts ***

Notes:
* Yeah I know I'm a big TES fan.
** In the process of playing Persona 4 at the moment so I cannot place it in the list.
*** I love the game overall but I hate the Atlantica stage which can basically be summed down to the map, the wonky controls and the Ursula boss fights at the end.

View user profile

34 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi there.
New to this forum.  I suppose this place is as good as any  for a quick nod to Arch, whose videos have reignited my interest in video games.  So cheers Smile

Concerning my list, it is certainly a "work in progress" as I still have many older games to discover (thank god for GOG Wink).
But I've been playing RPG's for nearly 20 years so I've seen a few things Wink
 The order is irrelevant except for the top one.

Top 10:

10. Dragon Age : Origins
The interactions with the party members stand out for this one.

9. Mass Effect
There is something so alien and eerie about the first episode, the music, the planets to explore. The lonelinesss of space came through and I found it beautiful.
The sequels, although good, never quite captured the wonder of the first for me

8. Final Fantasy VII
My first RPG. I was 16/17, had basically stopped video gaming and then this jewel was lent to me.
Haven't looked back since.

7. Persona 3
A hidden fantasy for many of us players maybe: trying to lead a normal life by day, while saving the world at night Wink  Lots of fun.

6. Final Fantasy X
Great narration, and for me the best OST. Each song was so appropriate for the location or situation.
And Auron  Cool

5. The Witcher 1 and 2
Although classical fantasy at a glance, the World explored here is fascinating in that it feels "real": people do what they have to do to get by, and moral judgement is not a statistic but a feeling.
Also I found Geralt pretty awesome Wink

4. Digital Devil Saga
Excellent character developement.
You start with basically no feelings and have to learn to deal with emotions throughout the journey.

3. Star Wars : KOTOR 2
The exploration of what it means to feel the force as a Jedi. I wish all the Star Wars Universe was based on this concept.

2. Oblivion
Huge world, freedom, mods...

1. ICO
Since I played this 10 years ago, it has always remained my special one.
I have never "felt" like I did playing this.
I would get sweaty palms before a big jump or when I had to catch Yorda.
Genuine concern for the well-being of Yorda: I was resposible for her safety, her only hope of getting out of this hell.
So short though...

View user profile

35 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Just reposting my favorites...

My Top 5 favorite games are...

Spoiler:
#1: Xenogears - This game opened my eyes to many things: Life in general, human behavior,  philosophy, psychology...add that with a lovable cast of characters and mix it with the musical genius of Yasunori Mitsuda and THERE; that is what makes Xenogears my #1 favorite. This game is absolutly in a league of it's own. No other game comes close to the issues this game dealt with. [Barring Xenosaga.]  

[I'm tempted to add the Xenosaga Trilogy as a whole here, but seeing how it's a reimagining of what Xenogears was supposed to be I'll just leave this spot blank.]  

#2: Far Cry 3 - My first entry into the franchise. I loved it. Incredible shooting gameplay with a beautiful tropical island backdrop as the sandbox. Add that with the complete gameplay flexibility: [You want to go stealthy? Slap a silencer on that MP5; better yet, take this bow. Or if your really feeling like a badass MASTER the stealth takedowns. You want to stage an all out assault? Place a lethal combination of mines and C4 in the path of an oncoming convoy then rush into the ensuing chaos with a light-machine gun or grenade launcher!] Then there's the story. It has a sort of primal theme to it: You are Jason Brody: A privileged 20 something from Cali who, along with his friends, find themselves on this island full of pirates. And you have to save your friends from these pirates who want to ransom them. Through out the story Jason finds himself descending into madness as he goes from not wanting to kill at all to enjoying it, actively seeking vengeance against the pirates and even forgetting himself and his friends in the process. Someone more verbose could explain it better, eh. [Look up the "Symmetry Theory" on Youtube.]  

#3: Final Fantasy VIII - This wasn't my first Final Fantasy game, but it was the first one I beat. I don't know how I beat the final boss on my first playthrough. I was...fumbling through the junction system at best. I loved the main character. Most people call him "emo" or "whiney" but I loved him because I saw myself in him. I could relate to him. It was actually a surreal experience to see someone in the game so close to my mindset in reality and it was very encouraging to see him gradually open up and learn to accept others into his life. I enjoyed the interactions between the characters. The game has probably the best soundtrack in FF[There wasn't/isn't a single track I dislike], the gameplay allowed for some degree of player freedom. FFVIII was/is an incredible experience for me.  

#4: Final Fantasy X - Funny enough, XII was my first Final Fantasy, but I didn't care for it then, so I took it back and exchanged it this. Spira is probably my favorite Final Fantasy world. The carefree nature of it's citazens...the overall tropic theme. The story was easy to follow and I found the Tidus/Jecht subplot interesting. Seeing Tidus grow through the story was endearing. I also really liked the concept of the antagonist "Sin".

#5: Skyrim - This was probably my first real open world game. The graphics were beautiful and the sheer freedom I had was extremely liberating. No other game matches that. That alone is why Skyrim is a favorite of mine.

Last edited by Vermaeus on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

36 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Hah, I had totally forgotten about this thread. I had some corrections to make in my own list.

@Vermaeus: As always, I'm definitely pleased to see more Final Fantasy X love. And I'm glad to see more people who do not hate on Tidus, who I actually really like. Very Happy This game has one of my favorite stories and themes of all time for sure.

View user profile

37 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Theodoricos wrote:Hah, I had totally forgotten about this thread. I had some corrections to make in my own list.

@Vermaeus: As always, I'm definitely pleased to see more Final Fantasy X love. And I'm glad to see more people who do not hate on Tidus, who I actually really like. Very Happy This game has one of my favorite stories and themes of all time for sure.
I was always confused with all the Tidus hate myself. Was it because people wanted Tidus to be an avatar? Someone whom they could project themselves unto? Or did they just not like his immaturity? I personally loved how he grew as a person and matured as he came to understand his situation in Spira and how he came to terms with his feelings toward his father.

View user profile

38 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:32 pm

A bit mixed, mainly because I'm a console and hand-held gamer. In no particular order, here it is:

List:
Spoiler:

- The Last Of Us
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Mass Effect 2 (excluding "The Arrival" DLC)
- Mass Effect
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves  
- Dishonored
- Dragon Age: Origins
- Pokemon: Crystal
- Pokemon: X
- Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance
- Golden Sun
- Golden Sun: The Lost Age
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (though it's not without it's faults)
- Solatorobo: Red The Hunter
- Radiant Historia (have yet to complete)

View user profile

39 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Fallout 2
Fallout 3
TES Morrowind
TES Skyrim
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
The Witcher 2
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us
To The Moon
Shadow of the Colossus

These are the games i can't live without and i replay on a regular basis. So they make it into my top games of all time. Lots of other games i really love aswell though.

View user profile

40 Re: Share Your Top Video Game Lists on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Don't really like ranking games as I replay most of the ones I have on a regular basis, and think they're all great. But it was surprisingly easy to come up with 5 games that rises above the rest just a little bit.

In no particular order:
Super Metroid
TES Oblivion
Mass Effect
A Link to the Past
Metroid Prime

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum