Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 am

Mentioning Devil May Cry 3's trailer had me thinking even more, and I couldn't wait to post later cause it was bugging me.

This is a thread for listing your most anticipated games in history. Think back to the times when you were most excited for a particular game. Perhaps that game has yet to be released. Please share any experiences you had at the time.

I'm not going to put them in any order, my top 5 are:

Mario 64

Mario 64 was THE game to get for N64. At the time, the N64 was my brother and I's ultimate Christmas gift. We waited and waited in hopes to get one for Christmas, and we miraculously did thanks to my grandma and aunts.  Ironically we didn't have a single game to play on it because Mario 64 was super hard to get at launch. We had to wait months before we finally found and purchased a copy.

DMC 3

I touched on this in the "Current Thoughts" thread, but keep in mind how disappointing DMC 2 was, and then to suddenly discover this awesome followup that seemed to improve on the series in every way.  After the failure of DMC2 I wasn't even sure there was going to be another DMC. My memory could be wrong, but the first DMC was a bit of a cult game.

Dark Souls 2

Fell fast in love with Dark Souls, and didn't have to wait long for DS2 as I was late to the party. Despite the short wait, I was still super excited for it's release.

Metal Gear Solid 4

So much was left unexplained in MGS2, and MGS4 was the game that was going to reveal all the answers.  I remember watching the E3 trailer with Raiden fighting the Gekko like a thousand times. Being an early PS3 game certainly added to that.

LoZ: Twilight Princess

Who could forget that first reveal trailer at E3? It's the only trailer I can think of that brought a mass of grown men to tears. I loved Wind Waker (Perhaps my favorite Zelda) and grew to enjoy the art style. That being said, I'm not going to lie, seeing Zelda finally reach that "Next Gen Graphics" was emotional.

Honorable Mention:

Mass Effect 3 would have been on the list had I played ME2 sooner. I played ME2 close to the launch of ME3. By the time I finished 2 runs of ME2, ME3 was ready to go, so there really wasn't a wait for me.

View user profile

2 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 am

The one game in the past that I was excited for most, bar none, is most certainly Mass Effect 3. I replayed the first two games (which are the reason why I was so incredibly psyched) two times in preparation for the game. I read every little piece of news that was revealed and saw every little teaser screenshot that was posted. I played the demo as soon as it was released - twice, in fact. I couldn't stop theorizing about what was going to happen in the game and I couldn't stop wondering just how awesome and epic it would be.

...Which is what made the eventual disappointment sting that much more.

My second most anticipated game would be a game that I'm anticipating right now - Persona 5, thanks to the previous two entries in the franchise that I ended up loving so much. The last teaser trailer that was released earlier in the month made me hyped that much more and I was already beyond stoked before the trailer was released. Looks incredible so far and I can hardly wait to play it.

I was also really, really looking forward to Star Wars: Empire at War back in the day when it was first announced and when it first had screenshots and trailers of it put up. That game looked amazing and exactly what a Star Wars fan like me wanted. And while it is definitely a good game that I enjoy playing every now and again even nowadays, it didn't turn out to be quite as amazing as I imagined it to be back then.

I can't think of a fifth example, but as a fourth one I want to say StarCraft II. Though I was never the biggest fan of the original, the idea of a new StarCraft so many years after the first game, with story cutscenes this time around as well as improved graphics, really made me excited for it, and what Blizzard showed off of the game prior to its release looked very promising to me.

View user profile

3 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:54 am

Fable.  Yes, really.  Arguably the first and worst of the Molyneux Hype Trains especially given that so few people were aware that he did it at this point in time, and I was coming right off Morrowind which Fable was specifically being marketed at players thereof.  

Starcraft 2.  I have no shame at all in admitting that after the colossal cliffhanger of Brood War (technically TWO cliff hangers), returning to this series was something I was excited for all 12 of those long, horrible years.  Unlike the previous entry in this list, SCII is a game that fulfilled all my expectations and then some.

Dragon Age 2.  Returning to the disappointment theme... I ate Dragon Age Origins up, as I've probably indicated often, and there were so many threads left after Awakening that I could NOT wait for 2.  I did another playthrough of Origins and the DLCs right before 2 came out just to set up the perfect savegame for importing, many decisions of which I agonized over (as I discussed during the marathon).  Sigh.

Secret of Mana.  This was an odd one because I was made aware of it via Nintendo Power and got to poke at it a little bit before finally, finally getting to rent it and actually play it.  Another satisfying example.

Super Mario Bros 3.  This one should be pretty self explanatory.  Given the year it came out here in the States, its relative marketing for that era was huge, and it was hard to get away from it (relatively speaking).  Speaking as someone who'd loved the two Mario games, I could NOT wait to get ahold of this one, and worked to earn the money myself even.

Bonus Option: Mario Kart.  The original one.  I was so hyped for that game I invented a turn based board game version of it to play until I got ahold of it proper.  Yes, really.

4 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:38 am

Mass Effect 3 : I first played the first two games in 2012 after seeing so much praise for them(so much so that I didn't think they could live up to it). Both of them still sit at spots five and six in my top ten list. I didn't look up a huge amount of stuff pre-release but I was really hyped for the game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition : While I had my disappointments with DA2 and certainly ME3(though I always kept in mind its different teams making DA and ME), I still had hope that the DA team when not rushed could put out a good/great game and they didn't let me down. I read up on a lot of stuff for this, when I heard about the different mounts you could have I was hoping for a mabari chariot.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : The commercials and all that I read up on it were total hype. Got it on release date and played it throughout the night.

Pikmin 3 : I loved the first two games, especially the first. Its one of the most unique series that Nintendo has come out with in their history and definitely in the last 15 years. There was no game all that much like it when the first came out and there have been only a few imitators.

The Last Guardian : As much as I believe its vaporware and Sony is lying when they say its still in development, what little we've seen of this game and how much I love the teams previous games(Ico is #2 on my all time list, SotC at Cool, its hard not to still be anticipated for any small possibility of its release. Ico and SotC are two of the finest works of art in gaming, it would be a real shame for that team to not release at least one last game.

View user profile

5 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:13 pm

My list:
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion: The game that introduced me to the Elder Scrolls and Bethesda.
Fallout 3.. introduced me to the Fallout series.. haven't stopped playing it since.
Fallout New Vegas: made by the same people that made KOTOR 2? Hell yeah.
Current anticipated games:
KOTOR 3: despite that it will never be released.
Fallout 4: It's Fallout. With a new combat system possibly.. YES
Elder Scrolls 6: Despite the disappointment of Skyrim.. still wanting to see this.

View user profile

6 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:41 am

Soneji wrote:
Mass Effect 3 : I first played the first two games in 2012 after seeing so much praise for them(so much so that I didn't think they could live up to it). Both of them still sit at spots five and six in my top ten list. I didn't look up a huge amount of stuff pre-release but I was really hyped for the game.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : The commercials and all that I read up on it were total hype. Got it on release date and played it throughout the night.

i can agree to this this.
mass effect 1&2 belong to my favourite games so a "little bit" of hype was involved, good thing about 3 is that it led me to the glorious admin of this board

tes5 was also an obvious hype, cause i played tes since 2 and i loved 3&4. vanilla was not bad and i knew that mods make the elder scrolls the games they are, but when i feel like playing elderscrolls nowadays i tend to play oblivion.
adding to that i was also  hyped when eso was announced.....yeah we know how that ended

another big thing was when ff7 came out. i sold my genesis with all games to get me a psx with ff7 one of my best and worst choices ever :3
the game is one of my all time favs and psx era was amazing, but i miss my old genesis. good there are emulators.

mgs4 got me hyped too got it on release day, but since i don't own a ps3 i gifted it to a friend under the condition we played it together and honestly i enjoyed it more when he played and i watched... prbly wont get 5

tl;dr almost all games i got hyped turned out to be kinda dissapointing (except ff7) so i try to stay away from news regarding games (so hard ;__;)

View user profile

7 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:00 am

I try not to get hyped for games so i don't get left wanting more but there was a few that i did get super excited for....
Mass Effect 2 loved the first and still enjoyed 2 but it always felt like it was missing something that the first game had
ES:Oblivion Played morrowind to death and i remember watching trailers and such over and over again
Half Life 2 remember watching the tech demo at E3 i think it was. the physics and everything at the time i never expected games to be like that blew my mind.

View user profile

8 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Skyrim and Fable where some of the ones I remember off the top of my head.

View user profile

9 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:23 pm

#1 The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link (NES) - As I've said on the stream chat before, my dad was never into video games but the only game he could tolerate was The Legend of Zelda and it was pretty exciting time when Adventures of Link came out since I loved the game, he loved it more than the first and even graphed a map of that Hyrule from paper he uses for real maps at work. So this game will always hold meaning to me.

#2 Super Mario 3 (NES) - Having been subscribed to the very first run of Nintendo Power with that debut hype for Super Mario 2, when 3 rolled around anyone who was from that time period should have this on their list. They did such a good job marketing this game in Nintendo Power, TV, and of course The Wizard movie. Rented it so many times when it came out...

#3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (SNES) - With the Arcade games being so fun along with Turtles 2 for the NES, and the movies still fresh on the mind the lead up to this game for me was really cool. Even cooler to play it when not only you got Krang, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteddy but they added in Tokka and Rahzar from the 2nd film!

#4 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) My subscription of Nintendo was fast passed its deadline, but during early high school days me and my friend would buy at the store newer Nintendo Powers. And when I literally sacrificed my Hockey career since my parents split couldnt afford to play my Dad decided to get me a N64 to make up for it so when the N64 previews came out I was astonished at the Ocarina of Time screencaps during development (almost like a watered down Twilight Princess we got later) it turned out completely different than the pics, but game was amazing. Dad played it for 2 sec and didn't like it, lol.

#5 WCW/nWo: World Tour (N64) - Like the previous one I saw this one ahead of time in Nintendo Power. This would be my very first N64 title and although it was completely different from the preview I played this game and sequels for HOURS...I mean a proper 3d wrestling game! I'd put in MMO time with my friends till wee hours of the morning.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

10 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Dragon Age 2: after origins I wanted to get back into the magic again, I didnt really care for the combat initially (although repeated playtroughs obviously need it to be fun). The way you develop relationships with characters as the storyline changes around you was enough for me. im still waiting ...

Dark Souls 2: I've come to expect a level of quality from From Software. Unfortunately there were a few shortcomings, such less diverse bosses, less tight level design and less intriguing lore (imo). But still an instant buy and I did enjoy it, just won't replay it for the experiece or challenge as much.

Elder scrolls online: I'm not into MMOs but the idea was exciting for me. But wiser now and waited. Glad that I did judging by reviews etc. But what an amazing pipe dream the game is.

Thief (the new one): hey I'm a dreamer, so despite who the game comes from and in defiance of common sense I did pre-order this one. Unsurprisingly I am not pre-ordering anymore, just see it as a negative thing now. No reason to pay before reviews! It's not a terrible game, but I'm still waiting for a stealth game to live up to the thief name.

Deus ex human revolutions: was quite late to the deus ex party. Thankfully I didn't get to play deus ex 2 or live through any hype surrounding it. Glad I got to play human revolutions as its not a terrible game for what it's trying to do. Doesn't pull off the greatness of the original in story or true multiple possibility gameplay (Imo), but it's a good attempt.

Upcoming: fallout 4, mgs5, hl/portal 3.

View user profile

11 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Upcoming is definitely the newest Xeno series game; I'm considering buying WiiU just for that game if it will be possible to buy both the game and the console in the region I live in with the money I have.

Others include the next installment of the Shadowrun by the team that made Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Dragonfall, Satellite Reign (think Syndicate), Torment.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to explain why for any of those without being reduced to unintelligible gibbering, so I'd recommend just looking them up. (Not the press releases though, search for the pages of the games themselves or translations of such by fans.)

XXX

Everybody already mentioned it, but ME3. Specifically, a homebrew mini text-quest-like adventure an IRL buddy of mine wanted to make with my help.

About three months before ME3 hit the shelves, he rolled up to me with an idea to do some kind of mini-game, preferably ME-related to (I assume) put some of that programming knowledge he was learning in uni into making something he actually liked doing instead of, say, a simulated control panel of a mobile AA radar. I just so happened to have paged through the Dark Heresy rulebook a day prior, with all those wonderfil critical hit tables and everything.

So I thought about it some, showed said critical hit tables to him and suggested coding a simplified form of those into a turn-based shoot-out textual game. Like 'choose one option out of the six in the list, do opposing d100 rolls modified by the option you chose and relevant stats for both sides, calculate losses of health, armor, shields and equipment, if any, proceed with the next round' kind of thing

Only instead of having fixed stats or some kind of point-buy to determine what the character you are going to be choosing commands from the list for would be like, have the game generate the character for you without any input using the character generation tables from the same rulebook as a basis, give them some basic equipment and force them to make do with what they have.

Keep the main character human only for simplicity, but generate enemy characters the same way without the player's knowledge. That way they will face not an encounter full of minmaxed commandos / right-about-averages / total floorwipe material with their most likely not that great character, but a colorful bunch of misfits at the mercy of the mighty RNG in equal measure. Maybe even have the game check for race / background / specific perks or skill values above/below certain numbers and change both the flavour text and their actions accordingly.

Maybe build a bit more meat around the firefight simulation so that non-shooting/stabbing skills and backgrounds can have a chance to shine/bite you in the ass? Have the character walk around a ship/apartment block/whatever via the simple 'you've exited your room; you are now standing in the corridor; you can go either left or right' textual interface?

The dude, unfortunately, got busy with his studies, things got postponed, ME3 came out and he refused to discuss ME-related things since.

Sad

View user profile

12 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Ok, here is my list:

ME3: All that needed to be said had been said about this one.

Shadow Hearts Covenant: Besiedes FF7 and LOD Shadow Hearts was one of my all time favorite Games. So as I heard that there would be a Sequel to it I was sooooooo happy. And it delivered what I was expecting.

Dragon Age 2: I think for this one there was enough said too.

FF Crisis Core: This Game was the sole reason for me to buy a PSP. As a huge fan of FF7 the chance to play the Story of Zack was enough to sell this game for me.

WOW: Yeah WOW was the most anticipated game of all time for me. Back in 2005 (yeah I know it launched in 2004, but in Europe it launched on February 2005 Smile ) when the biggest Online Game was Ultima Online, Facebook was just about one year old and Twitter wasn´t even born, this Game was advertised EVERYWHERE. All my friends talked about it and this Game was the First Game for what I bought my own PC.
Some People are talking about how Games sold certain consoles to them, but WOW was the game that sold PC Gaming to me!

View user profile

13 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:54 pm

FlowerPowerShogun wrote:Dragon Age 2: after origins I wanted to get back into the magic again, I didnt really care for the combat initially (although repeated playtroughs obviously need it to be fun). The way you develop relationships with characters as the storyline changes around you was enough for me. im still waiting ...

Dark Souls 2: I've come to expect a level of quality from From Software. Unfortunately there were a few shortcomings, such less diverse bosses, less tight level design and less intriguing lore (imo). But still an instant buy and I did enjoy it, just won't replay it for the experiece or challenge as much.

Elder scrolls online: I'm not into MMOs but the idea was exciting for me. But wiser now and waited. Glad that I did judging by reviews etc. But what an amazing pipe dream the game is.

Thief (the new one): hey I'm a dreamer, so despite who the game comes from and in defiance of common sense I did pre-order this one. Unsurprisingly I am not pre-ordering anymore, just see it as a negative thing now. No reason to pay before reviews! It's not a terrible game, but I'm still waiting for a stealth game to live up to the thief name.

Deus ex human revolutions: was quite late to the deus ex party. Thankfully I didn't get to play deus ex 2 or live through any hype surrounding it. Glad I got to play human revolutions as its not a terrible game for what it's trying to do. Doesn't pull off the greatness of the original in story or true multiple possibility gameplay (Imo), but it's a good attempt.

Upcoming: fallout 4, mgs5, hl/portal 3.

That's a lot of disappointment right there lol. I'm not including Dark Souls 2 in that because it was a good game, just not up to par with Dark Souls.

View user profile

14 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Agreed maz.

View user profile

15 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:31 am

Skyrim I wanted this game so much before it came out, despite the fact that I could never really get into Oblivion. I think it was too much of a switch for me from what Morrowind was, and it made the landscape in Oblivion seem kind of bland as a result. But Skyrim, well, I have always had a major interest in dragons and anything resembling a viking. Nords were my favorite race in the series, and getting to play in a Nordic world AND be able to fight dragons just hit all my buttons at that time.

Mass Effect 3 I cannot stress how much I wanted this game. And then the end happened. Now, I am one of the people who thought the extended cut did help, and that still actually enjoy the game now after working through my disappointment, but man, there is just no denying that ending took the wind out of my sails for a good long time.

Rome Total War 2 I love the Total War series since the beginning. Sure, it had laid an egg with Empire, but Shogun 2 had put the series back on its feet and now they were gonna do Rome again. As a massive Roman history nerd, especially Roman military history, this was supposed to be the game that took over my life for at least 6 months. Then it was released, and it was a broken mess. extensive patching has fixed a lot of that by now, but it still was a huge letdown to see the unfinished state that game was released in, not to mention stripped mechanics and broken AI.

The Next Fallout Alright, it hasn't been released yet, or officially announced, or anything that might make me happy. But after Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I just want this game already. As in yesterday.

Baldur's Gate 2 This game....Baldur's Gate was my first experience ever with anything D&D related. I really liked the game, and wanted more after I finished it. You have to understand that unlike a lot of people, everything about that setting and game was pretty much new to me at that time, so I was prime to be hooked. And then I got Shadows of Amn, and it was just so much better than the first game was. From that moment I was hooked on Bioware. While I lost a lot of faith in the company in recent years, this game will always be a bit magical to me. I am hoping that Inquisition is a sign of better days to come, but even if it isn't, I will always have Baldur's Gate 2.

View user profile

16 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:43 am

To be fair I didn't add new Vegas or skyrim on my list because I wasn't really dissapointed by them. I didn't even know new Vegas was coming out until about a week away (before I kept properly informed), and I thought it was more of a sequel. Still wasn't dissapointed, thought the changes to weapon modding and story choices were fantastic. It's superior in so many ways to f3 imo but obviously very different from the fallout wasteland experience.

I did attend a midnight release of Skyrim with a friend and raced him home to play online. We talked our way through so much of that game. Joking about who's character would beat who. My thief or his warrior lol. I think I would have lost but it was funny anyway, I'd never admit it. I don't know if it's hindsight but my opinion on Skyrim as a RPG is pretty poor. But those types of games are very hard to find and it is an improvement. Graphically and atmospherically. Not sure if it was Arch saying this, but the world is a bit too dirty and down to Earth compared to the magical, fantasy style of Oblivion. I agree with that anyway.

View user profile

17 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:34 am

Had to think about this for a while since I usually don't wait for new releases but rather find out about games long after they've been released. Very Happy
But here are the ones I can think of:

GTA Vice City: Found out about GTA 3 from a friend, got it for christmas, played the hell out of it and then found out that Vice city was in the making. This is probably my most anticipated game and it lived up to every single one of my expectations.

GTA San Andreas: Because Vice city was awesome.

Mass Effect 2: Mass effect 1 is one of my all-time favorite games so naturally I was really anticipating this game.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: I remember that we were told by our teacher to draw what we wanted for christmas at school (yeah, I was pretty young), and I drew the cartridge for Yoshi's island. So as far as I can remember I wanted this game badly (and I ended up getting it!).

The Sims: Vacation: Oddly enough. But I was really into the sims at the time, and I remember waiting for this expansion to come out

View user profile
In no order:

Final Fantasy 9 - Got so geeked up for my first FF in summer 2000 when I saw the japanese trailers. I went all out getting as much information and downloads as possible from official and unofficial websites and magazines. That was a wonderful Christmas when I finally got it along with a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Silver. Everything about the game was incredible, except the trance system. Weirdly enough, I have NEVER noticed the long loading times for the battles on my first playthrough of it, now it's a pain though. After I beat it 2 weeks later I was no longer a virgin to FF and opened myself to more games from it starting next with 7, which is my current fave of the entire series.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - I enjoy the first game on an aight level but when the Gamecube was first coming out and showed that this is going to be one of their launch titles, I got geeked up. Watched so many trailers and read so many articles. Christmas 2001 I had to choose between getting a PS2 and FF10 or a Gamecube and SSBM, I got the latter alongside Chrono Cross and greatly had fun with both games. SSBM is my favorite of the entire series, I was greatly geeked up for Brawl and 4 before they came out but both surprisingly disappointed me in alotta ways. Still play Melee with friends, as well as the unofficial upgrade version of it. Will never collect all the trophies for Melee but I don't care.

Super Mario 64 - OHMAIGAWD my 9 year old mind could not contain itself when I first heard about this game and the N64 in 1996. Got it for Christmas that year alongside Donkey Kong Country 3 but I could not play SM64 on that day since I thought I did not have connector to my TV for it, so I played DKC3 instead all day. Early the next morning my mom bought the cord and then I found out it was the same cord to my SNES, never told her and never will. I was surprised at how different the gameplay was but I got used to it while I took my time exploring the outside and inside of the castle and the first stage. I really enjoy the freedom and how much of an acrobat they made Mario. SM64 is one of those games I could not beat in one sitting, it took me 7 months to beat the game and 2 years to get all the stars. Much replay value. I need to get that DS version after hearing Arch's rumination on it.

Sonic Adventure - This game and the Dreamcast occupied my Christmas list alongside Jet Force Gemini, Donkey Kong 64, and Soul Calibur in 1999, but I was more hyped up for Sonic Adventure. I collected as much information as possible of this game before it came out, I carried the strategy guide everywhere I went in middle school before I even got the game. The new design for Sonic and characters was awesome and to me, this and the bios they gave to them made them more believable to me. Although I do not know for the life of me why they changed calling Robotnik to Eggman, that ruins many things about his character and it also was the start of putting him in the background when it comes to final battles in Sonic games for a while after it came out, Sonic Colors was the first I played to put him back as the final baddie. Highly enjoyed SA all the way to the end for the most part and I like it about as much as it's sequel, which is very rare.

I already mentioned games I got previously, and there's SO MUCH MORE but imma stick to the rules. Now I'm going to mention one I'm anticipating now in the future.

Persona 5 - I've only played 3 FES and 4 but these games are flippin incredible with their stories, character developments, social links, and music. Gameplay of it has always been aight to me but I still enjoyed the games, although I hated how I could only control the main character in 3 FES, which led to to irritating decisions from the other characters' AIs in battle, glade I could control everyone in 4. The games are two of the few games I've played, with Majora's Mask being one of them, where I was fully invested in helping to save their worlds and everyone on them. When I saw 5's trailer this year, the same way I felt when I saw Kingdom Hearts 3's trailer in 2013 came back, geeked up ecstatic. I'm going to seriously enjoy this game I already know.

View user profile

19 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:13 am

Great idea for a thread! I see Mario 64 mentioned a lot, I feel very lucky because at that time I was a big PC gamer and the first time I saw Mario64 was when it was in a shop being played. I`m stuck in the office so will probably type too much.

Street Fighter 2
I first saw this game in a gaming magazine, they had an 8 page preview article just gushing about how it was so rad and people should totally consider it a must buy. It looked like nothing i`d ever seen before, the last time I had played a beat em up was karate on the atari. Any outing or holiday, I would find the arcade cabinet and get in some practice. My first match ever I picked Dhalsim because I thought he must be overpowered, I got rekt by Guile it was pretty sad. I remember learning the hadoken while on a ferry to France. I didnt wait for the shitty PAL release to arrive with its slower gameplay, so I convinced my grandparents to order it from america with an adaptor. It was well worth it as my friends had to wait for SF2 Turbo to have the game run at the proper speed. I would later do the same for F-Zero X, mostly for the speed.

StarCraft
I had impulse purchased WarCraft 2 on its release so was spared having to wait. StarCraft though, took absoloutely forever to come out. I didnt have my own modem at the time, so I would call the local game retailer every single week asking if they had a release date. I now realise that the game went though development hell which explains the wait. When it finally came out it was in the middle of some big school assignments and I wasnt even allowed to go to the shop and pick up my copy. I twisted my mums arm by telling her the shop had my preorder and her social compliance made her go get it for me. I then had about an hour on the game before having to take a trip to london for a week. I read the manual cover to cover more than once.

Ocarina of Time
I dont remember being as hyped for this as my friends, but it was my only midnight release so I must have been pretty excited. I remember that it wasnt a big deal, everyne was just grabbing their copies and leaving almost silently. Anyway I never even finished the game, sorry guys. I loved the overworld stuff and would keep getting stuck in the dungeons. Somewhere near the end I had basically exhausted all the overworld content and was just being sent back into another dungeon, I was tempted to just use a walkthrough but I ended up putting it down and never went back.

Diablo 2
This is the gaming obsession I remember most. I drove my friends crazy with it. I started a guild, printed off interviews, even had a slightly creepy email friendship with one of the blizzard voice actors and all before the game even came out. After many delays it finally dropped during my birthday and one of the hottest weeks the UK has ever seen.  Sunshine was for other people, I had act 2. I eventually met up with people I met in the game and even got a relationship out of it.

Diablo 3
Yet again I was on the hype train for Diablo, but after how awesome D2 was who could blame me? I had the login issues and it sucked, but I didnt mind waiting. I was playing the last couple of acts with a friend on skype and we were literally in fits of laughter about the lack of difficulty and cheesy writing. Azmodan died about 3 words into his monologue. For anyone that argues that vanilla D3 was demonstrably a well made game i`ll just say this. A lot of my friends bought the game and every single one of them was walking on eggshells around me whenever discussing gaming.  About 6 months after the release I mentioned to a couple of them that I hadnt played the game very much and they let out a huge sigh of relief, for we could now talk about the trainwreck that was D3.

View user profile

20 Re: Your 5 Most Anticipated Games of All-Time on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:16 pm

nice list. I stopped being a pc gamer and following the rreleases before Starcraft 2 came out, but I played the oringal and brood war so would have been pretty hyped for that if I had been. Especially seeing the amazing cgi teasers etc.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum