» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

I find Arch's narrow view on music disturbing

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I find Arch's narrow view on music disturbing on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Arch calls rap instrumentals are stoopid. Plays wordless 'grind' music on his stream.

View user profile
I feel the same. I mean, sure, rap instrumentals are "stoopid", but so much else out there isn't.

View user profile
*posh voice* I on the other hand like good music, not a particular genre.

View user profile
I love instrumentals. There might be sub genres better for background music than rap, like acid jazz or whatever. I'm sure you guys know what kind of stuff I'm thinking of. That's probably a bit old but there are lots of newer genres I honeslty don't know the name of. Hip hop tracks using woodwind instruments, bass, keys, guitars, string instruments.

View user profile
*raises an eyebrow*

View user profile
I've been backm and forth on judging music my whole life. If anybody can find a single bit of enjoyment in even a load of white noise, then that's fine. But my resolve doesn't last when I have to listen to the radio and I start preaching about quality control. I have to build up my reserve again and again, but common sense prevails.

I like some pretty dumb stuff too, the he-man version of 3 non blondes (hey-yay-yay) for example. I think you lose the right to judge once you've crossed that line.

View user profile
This is all I wil say about rap. The lyrics of most modern rap are downright stupid and make no sense in the context of the song. At least the oldschool rap of the 90s had real meaning, and actually had really good rhymes.

View user profile
You all need some New Orleans

View user profile
=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Maz wrote:This is all I wil say about rap. The lyrics of  most modern rap are downright stupid and make no sense in the context of the song. At least the oldschool rap of the 90s had real meaning, and actually had really good rhymes.

You should try some underground rappers like Kendrick Lamar and Wiz kahlifa (however you spell his name). Sadly the ones with real lyrical prowess don't get much attention from the mainstream. The most you're going to get from a mainstream rapper in terms of lyrics would be someone like Jay-Z or Kanye, but their song quality has been waning for the past few years.

View user profile
Is mos def still considered modern? lol. Can't stand jay-z etc. Earlier I remember is tribe called quest but mostly I listened in the 90s, early 2000. Not exactly golden era. Like intrumentrals more: Pete Rock, j Dilla, madlib. Chilled out stuff.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum