» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name and Rate the Video Game Above You!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 pm

So the rules of this little mini game are simple. I'll start off by naming a video game at the bottom of this post, the system I played it on and giving it a simple rating out of 10. Then next person who posts takes the last letter of the game title and names a game they've played starting with that letter and gives it their personal rating, and so on and so forth.

We will only stick to the alphabet as there aren't many titles that start with things such as .'s or #'s. Feel free to add your opinion or comment as to why.

(Example: (Person 1) Tetris (Gameboy) 10/10 (Person 2) Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega Genesis) 9/10 (Person 3) Gameboy Hero (Archengeia's Stream) 1/10 etc...)

Inspiration for this topic:

Alright so little secret of mine comes out as my first topic here. Once upon a time I joined a newly discovered Pokemon forum the second day it was unleashed to the public called Poke Community. I was a moderator under the alias Keitaro for a period of time (2001-2005) until I stepped down. I was known for creating unique topics and bringing some life in the Other section of the forum that was dead at the time. Today the forum is one of/if not the biggest Pokemon forums on the Internet and the Other section is a strong point. I say this not to boast or anything like that, but to bring up I brought (not invent) "The One Above" topic to that forum and to this day has taken on many different forms there. So I figured I'd do something similar here regarding video games to maybe pass the time while waiting for a reply if we can get this place more active. (Which it slowly seems to be.)

Okay time to start things in style!
E.T. (Atari) 1/10 - It wasn't like the movie! lol

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

2 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:56 am

Tomb Raider(2013 reboot)(PC) 10/10 - best tomb raider game ever!

View user profile

3 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:31 am

Resident Evil 4 (wii) 10/10 - best game for wii mote and nunchuks

View user profile

4 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:47 am

Lufia 2, Rise of the Sinistrals: 7/10, first game to really make me cry and also a weird example of a puzzle RPG before its time.

5 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:00 am

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter: 5/10. My favorite of the Serious Sam games. Mindless fun against hordes upon hordes of enemies with co-op mode as well. Mini-gun FTW. Decent stuff.

View user profile

6 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 am

Red Dead Redemption: 10/10. A brilliantly conceived, thoroughly entertaining and moving delight.

View user profile

7 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Ni No Kuni: 8/10 Fun RPG that feels nostalgic thank's to the Studio Ghibli style that reminds me of all the great movies I grew up with.

View user profile

8 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Iron Tank (NES): 7/10 - Solid for its time, really easy game to get into considering I'm not much into tanks and such.

9 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Kirby's Dreamland: 8/10. One of the first games I could routinely beat in one sitting.

View user profile

10 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:27 am

Devil may cry 4: 7/10 Deep, flashy and a hell of a ride (still waiting for the second half to be finished)

View user profile

11 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:37 pm

PencilManners wrote:Devil may cry 4: 7/10 Deep, flashy and a hell of a ride (still waiting for the second half to be finished)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 5 (PSP): 7/10 - I knew nothing about the story since I only watched the series with Yugi and the interaction is where I take points off this game since it's pretty bad. But for many years I was pretty talented at the actual card game, made a lot of money from playing it and I can say they bring the actual card game in full force with some cool show-like animations and plenty of pick up and play replay value if you enjoy the card game. Treat this game like Tetris not like Mass Effect.

12 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:05 am

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (PC): 7/10 Threadbare story and laughable voice acting, but the over-the-top gunplay and the "so bad it's good" quality always provide me and a few friends with some laughs and a few hours of enjoyment when we boot it up. Great stuff.

View user profile

13 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Ninja gaiden 2 (reboot): 6/10 really satisfying combat however it is so punishingly hard I'm not sure whether to call it unfair or accept the butthurt.

View user profile

14 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:42 pm

NHL '99 (N64) 5/10 - Decent for its time, aged atrociously. Fun game but age has really hurt this game.

15 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:46 pm

League of Legends - 9/10 - I kinda prefer the streamlined approach as opposed to DotA. Can be really fun and tactical when you aren't overmatched and berated by teammates.

View user profile

16 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Maz wrote:League of Legends - 9/10 - I kinda prefer the streamlined approach as opposed to DotA. Can be really fun and tactical when you aren't overmatched and berated by teammates.

Street Fighter 3: Thrid Strike - 7/10 - Solid fighting game, very hard to master and do parry's; not new player friendly more geared towards the hardcore SF fans.

17 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:15 am

Eternal Darkness (GameCube) - 8/10 - This games was really hard and one of the creepiest games of his time.

View user profile

18 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:18 am

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division - 3/10 - One of my favorite games as a kid (of course, I used cheats back then). Went back and replayed it recently, this time legitimately. Nice to look at, but frustrating and boring to play. Good sound design, though.

View user profile

19 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:04 am

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (NDS) - 9/10 - Fantastic visual novel/puzzle game with a lot of interesting characters and very good writing - and it also has a great example of story and gameplay integration. I give this a 9 out of 10 (no pun intended) only due to the lack of some convenience features.

View user profile

20 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Streets of Rage(Mega Drive) - 8/10 - Very fun beat 'em up especially with 2 people.

View user profile

21 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:47 pm

ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2) - 9/10: From presentation to game mechanics to content still to this day is considered by many superior to any updated Madden; more so ever since EA purchased the rights to the NFL preventing 2K from making any more innovative NFL titles.

Last edited by BoWmEn on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

22 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Killzone 2: 7.5/10

Boring campaign, great multiplayer.

View user profile

23 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:03 pm

So is there an actual English word for Shiritori?

Anyway:

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - 8/10: super-fun cartography, super-generic (and grindy) combat.

View user profile

24 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:25 am

[b]The Witcher 2: 9/10[b]

Finally dark fantasy in a unique world. Well written characters, good story and beautiful environment.

Combat while fast phase can get a little boring. Lucky the game is not that long so it dont become a problem, but that is also a negative.

Biggest complain no fast travel just a lot of running.

View user profile

25 Re: Name and Rate the Video Game Above You! on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 am

Dood.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum