Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 3:39 am by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm by Crensler

» Turn 2-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Mass Effect 3, Your Edition
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm by Braigwen

» Turn 12-1068
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm by wolfking2k

» Player Houses
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Battle of Scales
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am by SilverDragonRed

» Good morning!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm by Galtori

» We started a Discord chatroom for the community. It's free to boot!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 am by Chatterbox1991

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help me make a Jedi

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help me make a Jedi on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:07 pm

This takes place after RTOJ with luke's new order and stuff.

So I'm part of a star wars RP site, and need ideas for an interesting Jedi character. In the site timeline the Sith have taken up most of the galactic north and the Jedi has been struggling under countless defeats to the Sith. Recently the Jedi council had a schism where multiple members have died (yes, it got that real) and assigned a new council, kicking out the previous grand master for reasons (getting impregnated by a sith lord). The New Jedi council and the separatists are still loyal to the light, but distrust each other for reasons that should seem obvious.

My character is part of the Jedi separatists, where everyone would be a gray Jedi in the since that he doesn't have to follow the council's orders and act on his own accord. My character would be a male, firstly and be a Light Jedi (in the since that he follows the code).

This is where you guys help me out. I need to come up with an interesting backstory and personality for him. I'd imagine him being the hot blooded type, cavalier and manipulative (sort of like how Obi-Wan was in A New Hope).

View user profile

2 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 pm

Maybe tie his backstory to events from Jedi Academy?

View user profile

3 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:07 pm

Harrold Andraste wrote:Maybe tie his backstory to events from Jedi Academy?

The Site timeline takes place long afterwards.

View user profile

4 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:38 am

Hhmmm. Let's see...

NAME:
HGHT:
WGHT:
RACE:
SEX: (MALE)
AFFILIATION & CLASS: JEDI SEPARATISTS ... GUARDIAN/CONSULAR/SENTINEL
BACKSTORY: (SINGULAR, DEFINING PAST EVENT)

Given this is an RP, there's no shame in borrowing inspiration directly from another source and developing it from there. Hell... in one SWRP (oasiz.net... is that even still around?), someone I knew actually borrowed directly from both Jaden Korr and Kyle Katarn's characters without most in the chat ever knowing. Until I played more retro video games afterward and went like "oooh... right."

Good luck. I'm here if you need me.

View user profile

5 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Link to this RP? I'd like to have reference on the current status of the universe before I write something resembling a Jedi.

View user profile

6 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:22 pm

FrozenHollowFox wrote:Link to this RP? I'd like to have reference on the current status of the universe before I write something resembling a Jedi.

I'm interested in making a warmongering type of Jedi who is kind of a jerk. Here is what I have so far. I'll have to delete it later.

Last edited by TheSterlingZ on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

7 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 am

Well I already know you wanted a jedi but I feel like a Sith Spy would of been a much more interesting take on it something like a hydra agent(think Ward form Agents of shield for example)

View user profile

8 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 am

ZeroCool wrote:Well I already know you wanted a jedi but I feel like a Sith Spy would of been a much more interesting take on it something like a hydra agent(think Ward form Agents of shield for example)

Spies are a really tricky character for a free form RP environment. I like the idea of a Jedi spy though.

View user profile

9 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:07 am

gungan Jedi...

Last edited by 789TheN00B on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

10 Re: Help me make a Jedi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:53 am

I've played several Star Wars RPs by now and I can only recommend choosing a character that's not human, but an alien race.
Maybe it's different with your RP site, but my experience had it that there always far too many human characters. Aliens are a big part of what makes Star Wars interesting, so make use of that.

Many alien races have special traits and typical things about them that you can use for your character's personality and backstory, so that's quite helpful. And also it's more interesting for other players to interact with you.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum