» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 am by Luslanz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars fan fiction ideas...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm looking to start on a new Star Wars story. My last one was met with a couple whistles of encouragement. But mostly a cricket chorus.

I'd like to write something KotOR-based. Anyone have any ideas?

Also... this thread isn't just for me. It's an idea trove by the people, for the people.

View user profile

2 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Do a fan fiction about Bastila shan. Maybe go in depth about her past, send her on a few missions, and show us her struggles with the dark side. it would be an interesting story to say the least.

View user profile

3 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Rather than a traditional fanfic.. why not a essay on the differences between the Zealot Jedi Order versus a more recent one (like Luke's) or the differences between the Jedi and the Sith of this particular Era.

View user profile

4 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Are you still going to work on 'Dark Side of the Dragon'?

View user profile

5 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Write the story of Yuthura Ban through her eyes, how she came to be on Korriban, and how she was converted to the light side.

Always thought she was a fascinating character that could be fleshed out more.

View user profile

6 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm

TheUltimateParadoxs wrote:Do a fan fiction about Bastila shan. Maybe go in depth about her past, send her on a few missions, and show us her struggles with the dark side. it would be an interesting story to say the least.

I opened up a playthrough last night and went to a hard save right before the PC and Bastila meet Helena on Tatooine. I played that mission and went through most the dialogue (and for some reason we ran into Darth Bandon right outside the Krayt dragon cave; wtf?).

Then I backtracked even further and played on Kashyyyk for a while until the Twi'lek woman approached Bastila to tell her about Helena. Went through all the appropriate conversation about love and loss.

One major challenge of writing an autobiography or long-term diary/journal for Bastila is that there are so many gaps in her past. It would be on the writer to fill in those gaps without creating inconsistencies or retcons with the surrounding story.

I think I can pull this off, but progress will be necessarily slow at points.

A request, if you don't mind. Promise to read and review every update, please.

View user profile

7 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:56 pm

You ran into Darth Bandon because that's where the "boss" is spawned. You aren't required to do a third planet to kill Bandon, you can return to a previously finished planet and go to the location where you normally fight Calo or Bandon (they have the same spot, so it does not matter, really). But never, -ever- fight either of them on Korriban.

View user profile

8 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:04 pm

FrozenHollowFox wrote:Rather than a traditional fanfic.. why not a essay on the differences between the Zealot Jedi Order versus a more recent one (like Luke's) or the differences between the Jedi and the Sith of this particular Era.

The project I took from Paradoxs could help prep me for a work of that magnitude, if ever I felt crazy ambitious. I'll put it on the "Possibilities for the Distant Future" list.

SilverDragonRed wrote:Are you still going to work on 'Dark Side of the Dragon'?

You might be pleased to know that the plotting and dialogue are finished in their roughest forms. My writing method for DSotD was to take a chunk from the rough script, clean it up, then translate it into prose.

I just need a break from that one, Silver. We've invested too much in the story to abandon it forever.

Let me play more Dragon Age in a few months and I'll be back in the mood... hardcore.

Is that acceptable?

View user profile

9 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:09 am

She thing Harrold Andraste. I would love to help you. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

View user profile

10 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:49 pm

TheUltimateParadoxs wrote:She thing Harrold Andraste. I would love to help you. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Here you go! Smile

View user profile

11 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:58 am

I don't think it went through.

View user profile

12 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:11 pm

Well that's weird.

http://speedrun4fun.forumotion.com/t487-bastila-shan-an-autobiography

Also, it's now on TheForce.net.

View user profile

13 Re: Star Wars fan fiction ideas... on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Premise: Jolee Bindo is in KOTOR II. Possibly a foil for a number of Jedi characters (and Kreia).

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum