Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Am I the only one that likes this game?

I feel it was an interesting change of pace for the Call of Duty franchise, and with all honesty I think it could have revolutionized the first person shooter genre. It fully embraces the absurdity of the Call of Duty franchise (charging at a tank that weren't even made yet with a battalion of horses comes to mind), while keeping the (fairly dark) story intact completely. The set pieces are amazing, diverse characters (two black and middle eastern soldier, and a female president, and an albino), interesting setting (The middle east where the brown people are your allies, South American rain forests, USS Obama).

Your decisions in-game do have an adverse affect on the overarching story. Your decisions in the past campaign have an effect on the future campaign. Even your actions in the future campaign have an affect on the story it even ALLOWS YOU TO FAIL MISSIONS. This one is the ones that got me the most. Unlike 90 percent of games on the market this allows you to fail missions, sometimes allowing you to redeem yourself. Hell the only way to play as a female character is to fail a mission. It also sequel baits perfectly, it ends the story of Mason while keeping the door open for something new.

If it weren't for the stupid top down RTS this would be the greatest Call of Duty of all time. I personally rank this on the same scale as Modern Warfare 2.

View user profile

2 Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Spoilers ahead.

I got Black Ops 2 unintentionally (it's a longish story) but I enjoyed Black Ops 1, so I thought I'd give Black Ops 2 a go.

I like that it has multiple endings, it allows multiple outcomes of some missions. I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would, since the whole "we're in the future now" promo material looked stupid to me, if i'm honest. I thought the game went a bit too far with the whole "drones and quantum entanglement destroy everything because of hacking" or whatever.

Oh, and it has a post-credits scene where Woods and Menendez play in an Avenged Sevenfold concert.

I liked the game, but that being said, I intend it to be the last COD I play. I intended Black Ops 1 to be my last, and i'm done with the series.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum