Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon Age Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dragon Age Rant on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Dragon Age: Origins to be specific

1) The game is too difficult

2) Long dungeons of enemies

3) The dialogue. Recently I had just figured out you can skip dialogue but sometimes its overwhelming the amount of dialogue you would be hit with in a given instance. Without spoiling anything I found myself filled to the brim with demons and blood mages. Throughout the entire dungeon I'm being told to hurry up so that the templars don't wreck every mage in the setting unless I can clear out the dungeon in time. So, I would do what any logical person would do and tell the good mages that this was a time sensitive subject and if I don't hurry everyone one is going to get raped. So you know what they do? Have a fifteen minute conversation with me every time they get the chance, and their voice actor doesn't seem to understand that we need to get this done quickly. There are even dialogue options for my character to speed up the conversation but they continue to speak in a long drawn out fashion. It seems like no one in this setting has ever practiced brevity.

SPOILER:
So i reach the final boss and I see a trapped soldier. He continues on and on about how we need to stop the ritual as quickly as possible or everyone and their mothers are screwed. And you know what my companions do? Draw out the conversation even more. Like we don't have places to be, Morrigan and Alistair. Worst of all I keep trying to rush past the dialogue options "Get to the point" "We need to hurry this up" " Is that all?" I finally say the taint may be irreparable and we might need to cleanse the area and start again if its as bad as we thought. And I finally end the conversation and my companion betrays me.

Alistair disagree -5

Let me just break down the stupidity of what my companion just did. She actively fought with me to defeat the blood mages, the same blood mages that released demons to kill all your friends. If we don't expunge the demons in time the Templars will kill you and every mage in the circle. So what she does is betray the grey warden because I might kill one innocent person, aiding the blood mages, the demons, and further aid the destruction of your wizard academy.

/rant

View user profile

2 Re: Dragon Age Rant on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:54 pm

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

3 Re: Dragon Age Rant on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Wethewax wrote:Erm....did you write "Alistair" when you meant "Morrigan", or does your use of the pronoun "she" mean you've decided to give Alistair a sex change?

SPOILER:
I was talking about Wynne. She doesn't give you affection gain/loss when she betrays you when the circle is under attack.

View user profile

4 Re: Dragon Age Rant on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:48 pm

You just need to play the game.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum