Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:44 am

Ever since starting to watch Lorerunners KOTOR lorerun on youtube (dont lynch me, internet connection not good enough for streams) I have noticed that quite a bit of people do not like the Force Unleashed Games. I will be honest I only played the first one and I really enjoyed it, and the story I think is up there with the best of Star Wars, especially some charcaters like Rahm Kota, Juno Eclipse, PRoxy and the underexplored Maris Brood really stand out for me.
Yet on here, everybody seems to hate the game.
I would be very interested to hear your opinions about The Force Unleashed and I want to understand what is it everyone else sees in it that I dont.
Because I really enjoy the game.
PS Sorry for horrible grammar, not native.

View user profile

2 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:50 am

As I tried to make clear on the stream a few times, I actually rather enjoyed Force Unleashed... I just think its overall story was a bit ridiculous (most notably the sudden 'here's a guy no one's ever heard of who's stupidly strong in the Force' and the 'also he helped found the Rebellion' points). But the gameplay was quite enjoyable.

Now, Force Unleashed TWO... screw that game. I couldn't even enjoy the gameplay of that one.

3 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:52 am

I don't hate the first Force Unleashed, I just consider it a "What If?" or "Elseworlds" storyline. If you aren't familiar with that concept, its a storyline that isn't part of the cannon and was never meant to be. Instead, it's just a fun story that doesn't have to worry about having consistent Force power levels when compared to almost everything else.

I do however hate the second game. Bringing back Galen after his heroic sacrifice was bullshit and I wish the creators that had wanted to do a different Jedi in a different story had been the ones who won out in the end. Oh well.

View user profile

4 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:53 am

Now most of EU is basically "Elseworlds" stories.
That said It seems to me that the problem could that it is not consistent with the rest of Star wars and a lot of things just exist for the sake of "WOW" factor, like Galen extreme profficiency in the force and him being a messiah basically.
Also I heard that Lucas himself had something to do with the story and wanted it to breach the gap between the trilogies, which admittedly it kinda does.
Once again i am only speaking about the first one, never played the second and have no idea what the story or the gameplay is.

View user profile

5 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:38 pm

I waited years to play TFU II, because I despised the concept.

Rented it from GameFly about a month ago. Couldn't finish it. The gameplay had blown its load after the Gorog fight and the story was... just there.

The first game is a classic, though.

View user profile

6 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 pm

First game was good gameplaywise.. story not so much.. 2 sort of retained the gameplay... but the story was even worse.

View user profile

7 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:58 pm

When I was making my top 100 list I had Force Unleash in my top 30 because I remember it was fun to play and do a lot of the stuff you want to do as a jedi/sith. Months back though I remember beating it again and remember the game wasn't as good as I remember, few issues I encountered with the gameplay so it fell down my list a bit. But in general it's not a bad game.

For me the only part of the story that bugged me was Starkiller being on Vader/Palpatine's level, but understood why they did it for fun factor, just came off fan fiction-"ish" to me and his generic buzz cut hair look didn't help his case.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

8 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 pm

First and foremost - hi dudes! I'm new here, pleasure to meet y'all!

Frankly, gameplay was one of the things about the game I felt was kind of boring. I mean it was awesome for the first ten minutes, but then it kinda dragged throughout the gamewith some notable exceptions. Speaking of story, yeah it was kinda silly, but I think the cinematic cut-scenes were enjoyable enough to make me actually wanna replay the game. Aaaaand then I replayed it...

Let's just say I don't think I'll ever play it again

View user profile

9 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 pm

*waves at Maeyken* Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy chatting with us weirdos here.

10 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:58 pm

I thought it was okay. The only problem I had with it was the Jedi with robot spider was annoying and the combat can be repetitive.

View user profile

11 Re: Whats with all the Force Unleashed Hate? on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:25 am

This shows a lot of problems.. not to mention the 50 more I could add to it...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum