You are not connected. Please login or register

==========

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ========== on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:12 pm

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: ========== on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Considering the incredibly stupid things I've seen come out of Twitter.. (like a man in Canada being tried for a criminal charge for disagreeing with a woman) I only hold on to the damn thing in case the Stream needs to poke Shadow in the pony eyeball.

View user profile

3 Re: ========== on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:48 pm

I use twitter mostly as an announcement tool. If I have something to say to people or to announce that I have a video up or a stream up, it's a very effective and easy tool to quickly communicate to a large group of people.

4 Re: ========== on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:05 pm

I don't have a Twitter and don't really want one. It's useful if you are a public figure and want to make announcements to your followers, but I am not.

I also don't feel the need to read everything that's on people's mind. If I had a Twitter, there would be certain people I would follow that come to mind, but the more I think about it, the less I care about it.

View user profile

5 Re: ========== on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:05 pm

I have a twitter account, I joined for an announcement of a contest victor. I then started to follow a few people, and after about a month I got tired of checking it. While at the same time I've never had a desire for a mass social network account.

View user profile

6 Re: ========== on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Depends on how you utilize it. Social media as a whole is just this generation’s trend, eventually it will wear its treads and something new and more absurd will take its place.

Personally Twitter is the only one I tolerate because you can get a lot of quick to the point source material; it’s chronological, and easy to bypass things you are not interested in. I don’t care for the trends. When people talk in real life saying the actual word “hashtag” it reminds me of when the Internet first hit the scene people saying www. all the time - can be a bit of a nuisance.

Facebook is the worst for me, how they conduct psychological experiments on people without their consent (like those rainbow pictures or consistently changing your feed from recent to top stories) and other shady deals if one does their proper research. Also lot of people I know in real life post the dumbest stuff, literally deleted people because of it, but I guess the same could be said about any social media, I treat Twitter as my online presence so I don’t get as much dumb stuff as Facebook.

Since it's vital for promotion, I stay in tact really for business purposes incase I ever get real website going where I can utilize my writing capabilities with other computer skills I possess, photoshop/sprites/etc. or if something falls in my lap.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

7 Re: ========== on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:57 am

One thing I can't stand is companies/TV shows creating desperate hashtags. If I was tasked to come up with these things for a show, I think I would end my life.

View user profile

8 Re: ========== on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Twitter is the most inane, vapid, useless thing I've ever come across. I'm 24, maybe I'm just the weird guy, but I never understood social media. The only reason I have a twitter account is to follow Archengeia, who really only uses it for announcements. The only thing I can even fathom it's usefulness is getting people's attention, to talk on another platform, such as skype, or on the phone. Which is in itself flawed as both have ways of contacting other people that completely undermines twitter's usefulness.

View user profile

9 Re: ========== on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:34 am

Twitter has its uses when following certain streamers or whatever.

That's about it. Unless you're a drone. Or Borg.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum