» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:05 am

Goal: Rebuild.. Arche's Castle That Never Was..
So.. Arch showed us proper about the Castle via a Stream earlier.. and now us dedicated peeps are gonna rebuild the damn thing.
I'm personally picking up a new copy of Minecraft to help complete this thing.. and someone will source the last 20 minutes of the Stream eventually for use on the Project.. unless Arch manages to leak the photos somehow.
We will then use these as reference to rebuild the Castle. Problem is.. we don't have anything related to the inside of it.. leaving the Castle to be empty..

View user profile

2 Re: The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:50 am

I went ahead and took the liberty of making an imgur Alblum of every different angle Arche gave us now I am gonna go and do some math (that most certainty does not have anything to do with finding the exact measurements of different objects in the aforementioned pictures).

Heres the Album: http://imgur.com/a/VbgY1#0

View user profile

3 Re: The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:12 am

Wish you guys luck. Smile

View user profile

4 Re: The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:05 am

So my extensive math has told me that the sphere is 77 blocks in diameter which I am now building a model of in minecraft to see if it works will attach pictures to this post when its finished

View user profile

5 Re: The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:50 am

https://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator
Type in 77 and you should get the theoretical picture. It looks right.

View user profile

6 Re: The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:49 am

...man, there's circle GENERATORS now? Why in my day... seriously though that would've saved me so much time lol.

...in a totally unrelated note, who'd want a Minecraft server hosted by Archengeia for Imperium residents (aka you guys)?

7 Re: The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:48 pm

You.. you.. have blown.. my MIND.

View user profile

8 Re: The Project on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:29 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:On a totally unrelated note, who'd want a Minecraft server hosted by Archengeia for Imperium residents (aka you guys)?

Please? That'd be awesome, and it could be where we actually go ahead and rebuild this thing. That way, you could easily access and archive the map that we build it on.

View user profile

9 Re: The Project on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:09 am

Sure. I would probably be a guy who comes on the server from time to time, mainly focusing on my own house or giving you guys supplies, but that would be fun.

View user profile

10 Re: The Project on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 pm

After more mistakes than I care to admit I have a partly finished Sphere to show everyone http://imgur.com/a/Mwgwi#0 .

Also I started to do some math just for fun to see some numbers on how crazy Arche was. The volume of a sphere this large is 2.39x10^5 (although this is only a half sphere so that needs to be divided by 2). After being divided by two and converted into regular numbers that is 11950000 blocks.

For a bit of reference the number of blocks in a single chunk in minecraft (Which is a 16x64x16 rectangle) is around 16384 so Arche removed the chunk equivalent of 729.370 chunks.

Now for the last bit of math to show how completely crazy Arche is he made the surface of the sphere be made of Iorn blocks so if we solve for surface area of a sphere and divide by two we are left with 9313.5 blocks of iron and with nine iron in every block that 83821.5 iron bars.

View user profile

11 Re: The Project on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:22 pm

So.. I'm reviving this thread.. for no particular reason. On a related note.. the glass bridge seems to be around 22 blocks. And I have no idea on how to begin building the castle.. figuring out the math for this is a pain.

View user profile

12 Re: The Project on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:38 am

[img][/img]
Bridge at 27 blocks.. Circle at 29 block diameter.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum