» It's not easy to register the Forum
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:59 am by Psychrolusia

» Star Wars Rebels
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 am by Nerdman3000

» To Arch, (and anyone else): Some Graham Greene
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 pm by Reddbane

» Thoughts on The Lost Jedi
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:16 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Community Movie Night Megathread (every Saturday at 2:00 PM EST)
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:31 am by RorytheRomulan

» The Last Jedi - 2 viewings - Not a fan
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:52 pm by K

» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:58 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Black Scale
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Rebels

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Star Wars Rebels on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:34 am

This is a thread for discussion on all Star Wars Rebels related topics.

For now, since the show is relatively new and not everyone has had the chance to stay current, please keep any spoiler rated info in spoiler tags. In another board I frequent, our general rule is, if the episode has already aired then spoilers no longer require the tags. Once season 2 begins, that rule will take effect. Until then, use spoiler tags to stay safe.

View user profile

2 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:47 am

Ever since the season finale aired, I was dying to talk about it.

MAJOR SPOILERS:
I fanboyed super hard with the reveal of Ahsoka and the appearance of Vader, who appears will have a more featured role in season 2. I absolutely did not expect to see the Inquisitor out the picture this early in the shows run, however long that may be. I can't wait to see what kind of dynamic Ahsoka and Vader bring with their inevitable reunion. Perhaps we will see more of Tarkin as well, which is always a plus.

The show has gotten better and better with each episode, and I'm really excited to see what happens next. There's a ton of possibilities, and if it manages to reach "Clone Wars" level quality, it can be a special show. In my opinion, I think Rebels already has a better start than the first season of Clone Wars.

View user profile

3 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:44 pm

I just started watching the show, midway through right now. I like how it's kind of like a Star Wars version of Firefly.

Will withhold further thoughts until I finish the first season though.

View user profile

4 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:40 am

My thoughts

IT WAS HIS SLED!!!:
Ahsoka - Saw that coming a mile away, glad they didn't postpone the reveal to the next season. I hope that despite the old republic falling and Vaders betrayal that she still retains her original personality in some form or another, atm we only got exposition off her for season 1 so hopefully she wil emote more.

The inquisitors death - Makes sense, he already had 3 or so confrontations with Kanan and he served his purpose, living any longer would have probably dragged it out. It also lets the series escalate by introducing Vader.
I do think there's more than one inquisitor and hope to see them introduced and interact with eachother

Overall - Nothing spectacular yet, but there are a few promising ideas that'll lead me back into season 2 (Ahsoka/Vader confrontation and possibly Ahsoka's death, Kanan possibly seeking training himself, seeing how far Tarkin is willing to cripple the empire to accomplish something)

View user profile

5 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:20 pm

PencilManners wrote:My thoughts

IT WAS HIS SLED!!!:
Ahsoka - Saw that coming a mile away, glad they didn't postpone the reveal to the next season. I hope that despite the old republic falling and Vaders betrayal that she still retains her original personality in some form or another, atm we only got exposition off her for season 1 so hopefully she wil emote more.

The inquisitors death - Makes sense, he already had 3 or so confrontations with Kanan and he served his purpose, living any longer would have probably dragged it out. It also lets the series escalate by introducing Vader.
I do think there's more than one inquisitor and hope to see them introduced and interact with eachother

Overall - Nothing spectacular yet, but there are a few promising ideas that'll lead me back into season 2 (Ahsoka/Vader confrontation and possibly Ahsoka's death, Kanan possibly seeking training himself, seeing how far Tarkin is willing to cripple the empire to accomplish something)

Spoiler Discussion:
I'm most interested in the inevitable Vader/Ahsoka confrontation. You'd expect Vader to be evil and everything, but Ahsoka didn't really do anything to justify any animosity. If anything, Ahsoka fueled his destruction of the Jedi Oder as they wrongfully accused her of betrayal.

View user profile

6 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:48 am

Hate Sabine Wren and Ezra.. for reasons I will not go into for fear of spoilers..
Mainly because I have no idea how the spoiler button works.

View user profile

7 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:42 pm

To use spoiler tags, click the icon that looks like a notebook with an ! in the corner. Name the spoiler tag if you wish, and then type what you want in between the tags when you insert the spoiler feature.

View user profile

8 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:23 pm

For Example:
Personally I think Ashoka and Vader should not only get along, but she could be a grey-bordering-on-dark balancing point to his dark-balancing-on-very-dark point. Granted the EU no longer exists blah blah blah but the thing I always found fascinating about Vader is that his 'descent' further into the Dark Side post cyborgification was always more of a gradual resignation to the reality of it rather than a more zealous or ambitious drive like most Force users do. So, for me, to see Ashoka as someone who still has more (for lack of a better term) fire in her might help stir him a bit and, in its own way, set the stage for A New Hope when he finally encounters the one person who can make him feel, his son (oh, spoiler alert).

9 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:46 am

Admin wrote:
For Example:
Personally I think Ashoka and Vader should not only get along, but she could be a grey-bordering-on-dark balancing point to his dark-balancing-on-very-dark point.  Granted the EU no longer exists blah blah blah but the thing I always found fascinating about Vader is that his 'descent' further into the Dark Side post cyborgification was always more of a gradual resignation to the reality of it rather than a more zealous or ambitious drive like most Force users do.  So, for me, to see Ashoka as someone who still has more (for lack of a better term) fire in her might help stir him a bit and, in its own way, set the stage for A New Hope when he finally encounters the one person who can make him feel, his son (oh, spoiler alert).

Hmmm Interesting:
I hadn't thought of having Ahsoka be the bridge to A New Hope by setting into motion Vader's desire to reunite with his son. Perhaps it's his second chance at forming a bond with a pupil (obviously that bond is multiplied a bunch due to Luke being his son, rather than just any old student.

View user profile

10 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:07 am

Spoiler:
The ending of the show definitely has me psyched for upcoming seasons, and the eventual confrontation between Ahsoka and Vader will definitely be interesting to see.

However, I'm more intrigued about what they're going to do with the new cast of Rebels. Kanan is an interesting example of a gray Jedi and I wonder if the Jedi Council dogma will be challenged at some point by either him or Ezra, as they already have once or twice in the series, even if it was done in a humorous manner. "How can I do something without even trying?"

Oh, and since Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is no longer canon (one of the few good things about Disney taking over), I'm interested to see how they go about the formation of the Rebel Alliance. Since the logo no longer comes from the Marek family crest, I'm guessing that it's Sabine who'll have a hand in designing it?

View user profile

11 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:10 pm

The Cake is a Lie!:
Like I stated in yesterday's twitch, I heard rumor, that we might see more inquisitors and that it's possible one of them could be Mara Jade or even Barriss Offee, and that a recent Imperial lady from the new Lords of the Sith might also appear(that one actually does seem quite likely though). I'm not sure it's 100% true, as I heard it from a guy on the Jedi Council Forums, in fact I'm pretty sure it's just some guy who was claiming to know inside info and not being truthful, but it is interesting food for thought.

View user profile

12 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Spoilah:
I would love to see Mara Jade in Rebels, and not just because of the EU connection, but there's a reason she's among my favorite Star Wars characters of all time. A character with multiple arcs across a long stretch of time, with a lot of complexity under the skin.

13 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:54 pm

The Cake is a Lie! Part II:
Another rumor concerning Mara Jade in Star Wars Rebels has surfaced, which also says she would be played by SMG, but the interesting thing is that rather than being completely Mara Jade herself, it's a new character who is based on her. The rumor also showed up on a Star Wars site rather than a forum as the former one.

The rumor in full is that Sarah Michelle Gellar will be voicing a new character based on Mara Jade named Aileen Zahn in honor of Timothy Zahn, Mara’s creator. She will be an Inquisitor but pretending to be a Rebel.

Now it's always possible that Aileen Zahn might be a alias Mara uses, similar to the name Arica that Mara used at Jabba's palace, and she could be revealed to be Mara Jade later on. Still, it's very interesting.

View user profile

14 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Nerdman3000 wrote:
The Cake is a Lie! Part II:
Another rumor concerning Mara Jade in Star Wars Rebels has surfaced, which also says she would be played by SMG, but the interesting thing is that rather than being completely Mara Jade herself, it's a new character who is based on her. The rumor also showed up on a Star Wars site rather than a forum as the former one.

The rumor in full is that Sarah Michelle Gellar will be voicing a new character based on Mara Jade named Aileen Zahn in honor of Timothy Zahn, Mara’s creator. She will be an Inquisitor but pretending to be a Rebel.

Now it's always possible that Aileen Zahn might be a alias Mara uses, similar to the name Arica that Mara used at Jabba's palace, and she could be revealed to be Mara Jade later on. Still, it's very interesting.

Not Really Spoilers:
That makes sense that she would use a name other than Mara Jade considering nobody knew she existed in the first place. That being said, if she is a new character entirely, they should have just called her Mara Jade. Why dance around the issue?

View user profile

15 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Spoileryness:
Personally I think they're hedging their bets with the hints at old EU without actually extending it into the continuity. Gives them the option later on, if they want, to keep doing EU stories or to do AU and EU stories or to branch the two together, that sort of thing.

16 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Trailer for Season 2! Big time spoilers.

I am hoyped about this show!

View user profile

17 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:58 am

Woah, that trailer sure shows a ton. I'm hoyped as well.

Trailer Spoilers:
Nice to see Rex make an appearance too. I liked the guy, so there's that. Though... I have a question. How have Rex and the other guys with him resisted Order 66? I thought clone troopers were supposed to obey the order without hesitation? Shouldn't Ezra and Kanan technically be their enemies, and shouldn't they be Imperial soldiers at this point?

At any rate, season two is looking like the "Empire Strikes Back" part of the show, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Also, LOL @ Sabine changing hair colors.

View user profile

18 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Theodoricos wrote:Woah, that trailer sure shows a ton. I'm hoyped as well.

Trailer Spoilers:
Nice to see Rex make an appearance too. I liked the guy, so there's that. Though... I have a question. How have Rex and the other guys with him resisted Order 66? I thought clone troopers were supposed to obey the order without hesitation? Shouldn't Ezra and Kanan technically be their enemies, and shouldn't they be Imperial soldiers at this point?

At any rate, season two is looking like the "Empire Strikes Back" part of the show, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Trailer Spoiler Response:
In the Clone Wars show there was a series of episodes where Rex discovers the Order 66 conspiracy, and he is hunted down. He ends up removing the chip. I may have got the details mixed up, but the important thing is the chips were removed.

The episodes dedicated to the clone troopers are some of the best the show has to offer, which is pretty ironic considering, before I actually watched them, I didn't care to watch them at all.

View user profile

19 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Maz wrote:
Theodoricos wrote:Woah, that trailer sure shows a ton. I'm hoyped as well.

Trailer Spoilers:

Trailer Spoiler Response:
In the Clone Wars show there was a series of episodes where Rex discovers the Order 66 conspiracy, and he is hunted down. He ends up removing the chip. I may have got the details mixed up, but the important thing is the chips were removed.

The episodes dedicated to the clone troopers are some of the best the show has to offer, which is pretty ironic considering, before I actually watched them, I didn't care to watch them at all.

Spoiler Correction:
I got my facts mixed up. It wasn't Rex who discovered the conspiracy, but rather another Clone. I was watching the Rebels panel from the SW Celebration, and this question was asked. The response was that Rex ultimately believed the clone trooper wasn't crazy. WE can assume Rex and those other clones had the procedure to remove the chip inside of them.

View user profile

20 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Maz. I guess that works well enough to explain it. I haven't finished watching the new CW series, so there may be things like this that I've missed.

View user profile

21 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 am

FrozenHollowFox wrote:Hate Sabine Wren and Ezra.. for reasons I will not go into for fear of spoilers..
Mainly because I have no idea how the spoiler button works.

why hate sabine o.o i get ezra tho i hate him as well

spoiler:
to use the spoiler button click it and then type what you want to see hidden and then click preview post to see if it worked

View user profile

22 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:25 am

Spoiler:
I hate them because Sabine isn't truly Mandalorian. She does not follow the Resol'nare, or have the discipline shown by ALL Mandalorians (This includes the Clones btw). She also seems to solve ANY problem by blowing it up. Ezra is annoying because he develops ridiculously fast in his training. He's faster than Luke or Revan, and they had circumstances to explain why they developed so fast for crying out loud. Both of them just feel.. wrong. The other members of the crew seem like they belong in the Star Wars Universe, while Ezra and Sabine just seem false.

View user profile

23 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:14 pm

FrozenHollowFox wrote:
Spoiler:
I hate them because Sabine isn't truly Mandalorian. She does not follow the Resol'nare, or have the discipline shown by ALL Mandalorians (This includes the Clones btw). She also seems to solve ANY problem by blowing it up. Ezra is annoying because he develops ridiculously fast in his training. He's faster than Luke or Revan, and they had circumstances to explain why they developed so fast for crying out loud. Both of them just feel.. wrong. The other members of the crew seem like they belong in the Star Wars Universe, while Ezra and Sabine just seem false.

Spoiler:
Actually if you read one of the tie-in books for Rebels, Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook, which talks about her backstory, you learn that Sabine is not actually a true Mandalorian warrior. Sabine was born on Mandalore and was originally not a follower of the old Mandalorian ways like Death Water. When she grew older she attended the Imperial Academy on Mandalore and believed in the Empire and followed it, but eventually she began to dislike the things the Empire made her do and she ran away, and joined the Lothal Rebels. It's established that she began to wear Mandalorian armor to respect her Mandalorian heritage, there it's never said she truly believes in the old Mandelorian ways.

Though I will give you for Ezra, he can frequently be annoying.

View user profile

24 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Spoiler:
I agree with the whole thing that Erza is growing to fast. But I put that blame on the fact that they only had 13 episodes to work with. I do like that even Kanan mention that Erza is growing to fast for him to keep up. A really good reason why he has a hard time training him. I do see potential in Erza growing in to a really good character but that depends on how they handle his story and growth in season 2.

View user profile

25 Re: Star Wars Rebels on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:30 am

So the new season of Rebels aired with a 1 hour episode. Since it's already out I will not be posting spoiler tags so you've been warned.

Awesome episode. Lots to talk about. Whiny Anakin is dead, and the super badass Vader is back! Speaking of dead Anakin, interesting how both Vader and Palpatine refer to Anakin as if he was literally a completely different person. This episode really strengthened Vader to the max; I loved it.

They featured Vader's ruthless, yet brilliant, tactical mind, which to me was the scariest thing about him this episode. Thought it was funny how Vader would gift wrap a situation for his crew to finish the job, and they all failed miserably. Reminded me of a superstar quarterback on a team of receivers who drop and fumble the ball.

How 'bout Vader curb stomping the Rebel fleet single handedly with his fighter? That was frickin awesome!

I'm expecting we won't see too much more of Vader in action this season. I'm guessing they are moving the workload to the new Inquisitor(s).

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum