» September 30: Underale
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fallout 3 Roleplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fallout 3 Roleplay on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:14 am

Arch told me to post on his forums and that's what I intend to do.

This will be a thread where we can discuss Lorerunner's weekly roleplay of the Bethesda roleplaying game, Fallout 3.

Currently it seems like our hero, Matthew is very brave, being able to take on all three of Butch's posse to defend Amata. After the G.O.A.T. exam Matthew altered the results to mirror the fact that he has taken an interest in medicine, science, and speech. Interesting now that he is faced with the harshness of the capitol wasteland. He'd suit the role of a wasteland surgeon quite nicely, though he could prove a competent diplomat.

Overall I like where this is going.

(P.S. Arch's intimidation voice sucks.)

View user profile

2 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:27 am

No, MATTHEW'S intimidation voice sucks! Let's get this straight here. Razz

3 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Is there any significance to using the name, Matthew? I'm sure there is, but I'm asking anyway.

View user profile

4 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:27 am

I've always had a thing for names beginning with M, and so I have a 'stall' of names I use ranging from fantastical (Moagim) to older-styled (Mathias) to modern mundane (Matthew). That being said the real significance of the name is only in that I love the way it sounds... and that it starts with M.

Now, his LAST name, that has some significance.

5 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:36 pm

Neeson?

View user profile

6 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:09 am

Cronqvist.

7 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:25 pm

I was watching a Shodycast video on Youtube about the AntAgonizer story, and I'm now hoping Matthew encounters this comical scenario.

View user profile

8 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 pm

First of just wanna say that I'm really enjoying the roleplay so far it’s pretty much how I imagine you would be if you entered the outside world after being raised in an underground vault for almost 20 years but I do have one question and its real minor, it's about swearing, now I know that you Arch personally don't really swear all that often and have your own brand of doing so and that’s cool but I just feel that for the roleplay it would make more sense in a roleplaying aspect that Matthew the character would begin to swear more because the wastelands main vocabulary seems to be filled with swearing and also let’s not forget that he is also a teenager and a kinda bratty one at that so it would seem to me that the more he got accustomed to the wasteland life that his speech and word choice would reflect this, I dunno it’s not a big deal and as I said I'm enjoying it that would just make sense to me and it’s not an issue if you just say no haha and who knows I might be alone in this opinion but whatever, keep it up

View user profile

9 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:23 pm

No swears! Actually he's already been more... loose with his vocabulary than I like to be for the sake of staying in character, but fun fact; when I was recording the first couple of episodes I was actually taken aback by other characters swearing (I'd forgotten that such a thing was even in this game, believe it or not.)

10 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Best episode yet.

View user profile

11 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:23 am

I noticed Matthew always took the lie option, was that due to him just being a kid or is this character a bit of a compulsive liar even though he loosely tries to be a good person? I'm interested to see how he turns out.

View user profile

12 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:40 am

@Nightcobra, it's mostly me trying to portray Matthew as a kid who's trying to come off as cooler than he is for the sake of his own ego. He's a pretty flawed character heh.

13 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:05 am

Admin wrote:@Nightcobra, it's mostly me trying to portray Matthew as a kid who's trying to come off as cooler than he is for the sake of his own ego.  He's a pretty flawed character heh.

So it was him mainly being a kid Wink

If i'm reading him right, right now he just wants to vent his anger and frustration on anything remotely hostile to him. going to the super mart aside from being an errand is also his idea of achieving 2 things:
- finding said hostile things to vent his anger on
- spend some time alone to think on his situation

He tries to do the right thing but right now his moral compass is pretty malleable seeing as in his eyes, he's in hell and everything is trying to screw with him. (though the whole bomb thing kept him on the good side of the pendulum, he still is getting rapidly accustomed to violence and killing and that could leave him jaded enough for him to take more pragmatic decisions)

anyway, i just love analysing characters Razz

View user profile

14 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Admin wrote:Cronqvist.

Cronqvist ... cronqvist ... oh ... Oooh! so that's why you're going to Arefu!

maybe not, maybe i'm jumping to conclusions Twisted Evil

View user profile

15 Re: Fallout 3 Roleplay on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:01 am

I'm only on the first vid but I think this is going to be great! Really loved seeing the intro stages and first coming out of the vault. So much more entertaining than my usual playthroughs where I rarely Rp. Looking forward to seeing where this character's story goes.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum