» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:02 pm

I rewatched this trailer not too long ago, and I thought back to a discussion Wethewax and I had on page 4 of the ME3,YE thread.  The FTL jump featured in the trailer looks like how the massless corridor generated by the Mass Relays as described in lore.  So, they may very well have figured out how to have Mass Relay travel without Mass Relays.

Or, maybe this guy is just a Shepard cosplayer (who fancies himself a cowboy) listening to some Johnny Cash as he is looking through some holo-deck programs.

What do ya'll think?  Is either theory possible, or plausible?

View user profile

2 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:55 pm

I'd say the first one is probably a given, especially if it is set in Andromeda galaxy. And yeah this guy is a Shepard wannabe, walking around with a carnifex like Shepard and having the same pose as Shepard has in ME 3 trailer.

That said there is a certain wild west theme going on with this game.

View user profile

3 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:58 pm

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:04 pm

If that is the case, wouldn't be suprising if they get Nathan Fillion as a voice actor. Might actually make this game worth it.

However the idea of exploration, which worked so well in Mass Effect, but done here with a newer engine, could be something really cool (if i manage to get past the previous abomination)

BTW has anybody else noticed a Krogan in this trailer?

View user profile

5 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm

=

View user profile

6 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:42 pm

1.27 running behind the Shepard wannabe

View user profile

7 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:44 pm

=

View user profile

8 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:18 pm

They've already stated there will be a Krogan teammate, and that his loyalty mission is going to be you have to rescue a Krogan colony ship that was taken by pirates.

I'm just wondering if the Raloi or Yahg have some part to play in this expedition.

View user profile

9 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:45 am

=

View user profile

10 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:05 am

Nothing came about with the Yahg, so I'm wondering if they're still left on their home world.

Raloi were an interesting race that was almost exclusive to the Cerberus Daily News Network thing that ME2 did. They're are a bird-like species who had 70's era tech, but nonetheless sent out a greeting signal to a Council expedition they spotted through one of their deep space telescopes. The rest of the articles pertaining to them continued the ongoing First Contact adventures they had. Not to mention, they came up with a clever way to elude the Reapers. Extract the handful of people they sent to the Citadel, ensure the deletion of all records that mention them, deactivate the Mass Relay in their system, destroy all satellites in orbit, and wait the Reapers out.

But, really, I'm hoping the Elcor, Hanar, Drell, Rachni, or maybe even Batarians involved greatly in this project. I don't want it to be the main four with Quarians and Krogans tagging along as junior partners.

View user profile

11 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:04 am

SilverDragonRed wrote:Nothing came about with the Yahg, so I'm wondering if they're still left on their home world.

Raloi were an interesting race that was almost exclusive to the Cerberus Daily News Network thing that ME2 did.  They're are a bird-like species who had 70's era tech, but nonetheless sent out a greeting signal to a Council expedition they spotted through one of their deep space telescopes.  The rest of the articles pertaining to them continued the ongoing First Contact adventures they had.  Not to mention, they came up with a clever way to elude the Reapers.  Extract the handful of people they sent to the Citadel, ensure the deletion of all records that mention them, deactivate the Mass Relay in their system, destroy all satellites in orbit, and wait the Reapers out.

But, really, I'm hoping the Elcor, Hanar, Drell, Rachni, or maybe even Batarians involved greatly in this project.  I don't want it to be the main four with Quarians and Krogans tagging along as junior partners.

Of course all the main races will have to be there, otherwise just call the game something else. I really hope they finally show us the raloi and the yahg again. However Yahg are quite OP. Perhaps as a companion.

That said they will also have to design a bunch of new alien species for the andromeda galaxy, so production wise, some old races might just disappear for a bit.

View user profile

12 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 pm

From everything we've learned, it doesn't even sound like a Mass Effect game due to how much it's removed from the setting. It's just easier to cash in on brand recognition. P

Personally, I don't even think we're going so see many of the original races in an attempt to differentiate itself from the original trilogy--we've certainly seen this mentality before in ME3, so what better stage for the new team to do their own thing than a new game set in an entirely new galaxy

View user profile

13 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:52 pm

fat squeek wrote:...an entirely new galaxy
Yeah, why is that a thing again?  Why Andromeda of all places?  Why not a satellite galaxy?  The Milky Way has SIXTEEN of the damn things.

Is Bioware just that afraid of ME3's ending that they have to run two-and-a-half million light years (with their tails tucked in between their legs) to escape it?  Or do they think they can solve their problem with a Marvel reboot to sidestep their 'One More Day'?

View user profile

14 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:55 pm

It's such a drastic removal from the setting that it removes all my interest in the game. Did they want to go for frontier-style exploration? Because they can still do that within the Milky Way.

View user profile

15 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:42 pm

=

View user profile

16 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:06 pm

from what i remember hearing MEA is set in another galaxy, you're cut off from the rest of the ME setting after going through a relay similar to the omega 4 relay (there by not having to deal with anything that happened in ME2 / 3 ) it's set before or during ME3 (just after arrival would make sense story wise) and the plot was said to be your trying to find a way back while surviving in a setting where you have no backup (outside of your small ship) and everything is at its best not friendly to you and the rest want you dead.

View user profile

17 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:31 pm

That wouldn't make sense with what has already been stated to be an attempt to colonize Andromeda.

View user profile

18 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:33 am

It would if we where the first team though the relay then the events of ME3 happen resources get moved to more important things then boom were stuck out there.

View user profile

19 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 pm

I have a theory that I just devised on why the next game is in the largest galaxy of the Local Cluster. Read the Codex on the technology and you will see the enormous amount of influence Star Trek has on the setting; almost as much as Babylon 5 (but maybe half of what Dune holds over 40k).

With this in mind, maybe they decided in the board room that the next game should take it's name from another Gene Roddenberry creation, except having it take place exclusively in one galaxy instead of the three that GR's Andromeda alternated between.

View user profile

20 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:24 pm

as long as they only take inspiration from the first two seasons, once the commonwealth was restored stuff got really odd.

View user profile

21 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:46 pm

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

22 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Wethewax wrote:The problem with any "big" story is where do you go next?

Where do you go next?

To that I can only say KOTOR 2.

Go with a story about the consequences of the war, how it affected real people, about a galaxy rebuilding.

Even with Reapers defeated, the question begs: is the reaper threat gone? If mass effect 2 and Lovercraft have taught me anything is that even the dead gods can dream, and there will be many of those around the galaxy now. There is also a supposed rogue reaper leviathan of Dis who left Khar'Shan and was never heard of again.

What about a story where a new way of travelling is developed? Or where we open the relays which have not been opened yet. T

The potential is there. Bioware could have salvaged it with good writing. Explore more about the prothean or other races.

I dont know. I think EA ruined Bioware. I cant say that they made a single good game following Mass Effect 2( thats said inquisition did have its moments but over all meh.)

Also it was so obvious that Bioware was bored of continuing this franchise, so I ask why bother? The development cycle of Mass Effect 3 could be best summarised by a paraphrased quote: "We forgot Thane was a romance option".

It really begs me to think that they wanted to do something new and then just named it Mass Effect for brand recognition.

View user profile

23 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Not just Thane, but Jacob as well!

That, added with the Citadel DLC's "Twas an EVVVVIIIILLLL Clone!" plot kinda shows the creative bankruptcy they have undergone since they willing sold themselves to EA.

View user profile

24 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Sad thing about the last DLC is that the characters moments were actually really good and were touching. Thanes memorial, anyone?

But the main story, I dont even consider it canon as it just was a self parody of mass effect.

Also clones?! Why does everything have to have clones?

Also since its Andromeda thread, I will take the liberty to post rumors which were floating around the new Mass Effect, which mostly come from reddit post. Take it with a grain of salt, obviously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/32yzxf/last_month_i_took_a_random_survey_about_mass/

Admittedly from those rumors, it does seem that they are trying to do something similar to inquisition, where you deploy teams and groups to different systems to accomplish missions. Good idea on paper, was poorly implemented in Inquisition.

Krogan squadmate is a given, considering we do see a Krogan in the trailer. However it is a trailer, so who knows.

Also the ancient mysterious Remnant(s)? Forerunners much? Or precursors? Or every ancient mysterious alien race from every sci fi ever made.

View user profile

25 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:55 pm

with the story set up in 1 2 and 3 bioware can do any story they want to right now all they need is a dev team with imagination

COD style FPS set during 3, RTS also set during 3, RPG or ARPG set any time.
if they go for the A/RPG ied go for it been set in only one place like omega or the citadel and have you playing an N7 (human only) or Asari commando (asari only) i know the Salarians have a spec ops and im sure that the Turians do too but my brain is a bit foggy with pain meds so i cant really concentrate so remembering what there called is beyond me right now, the other option is playing as a spectre (not playable as a humans as there are only 2 human spectre's) based on how the spectre tend to operate in my opinion every single NPC would be killable (with the side effects that may cause)

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum