Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:08 pm

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

27 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 pm

I think it's going to turn out to be a game best described as "DA:I ... In Spaaace!". I hope to heaven I am wrong.

Look at my mocking username and location. I played DA2 happily just last night. I traded in DA:I months ago.

View user profile

28 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:07 am

Given that Mac Walters is Creative Director for Andromeda and Patrick Weekes has moved over to Dragon Age, I can't bring myself to get excited for this game.

View user profile

29 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Glad to see I'm not alone in not excited for this. IF anything happens might just get this game when it goes on sale or something.

View user profile

30 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:46 am

Found this article that was basically an interview about Andromeda.  Incredibly vague as usual.

I laughed at the part where the jackhole writer of the article tried comparing Bioware to Akira Kurosawa; and facepalmed when they said it felt like the Milky Way galaxy had no more places to explore.

View user profile

31 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

=

View user profile

32 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:00 am

So Mac Walters... my favorite person in Andromeda Galaxy.... I spoke at length why milky way is still interesting and why they dont just make a new game.

That said, as much as i *like* Mr. Walter, the story in this game can and probably will be ok at the very least. I do have a feeling Bioware were tired of the amazing and rich and fascinating universe which was called by some as Star Wars of our generation, so by removing the setting to Andromeda and crafting a completely new story there might be more passion behind the project. Or it will just turn into an easter egg fest.

View user profile

33 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:09 am

=

View user profile

34 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:15 am

Nothing what they have shown or said or promoted or done anything with stands on its own. All of it is in some way referential to the trilogy.

Bottom line, if its a new galaxy and you are leading a group of settles from all races, N7 has no place there.

I dont think Mac Walters even know what N7 is anymore. They just make those stuff up on the fly, just as Ashleys S1(i think) in ME3.

New Galaxy. Move on.

View user profile

35 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:41 am

Considering that Mac Walters wanted to make 'Shepard is an alien' plot reveal in ME2 before Drew slapped his hands away from the keyboard, I'm thinking Mac needs to stay away from anything non-character related.

View user profile

36 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Oh My God Kai Leng stupidity field is so large it affects the real world....

It is so dumd that I really dont want to believe that this is true

View user profile

37 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Let us be honest if there is any justice then the new protagonist is Kai Lang...right now you know what hell feels like. I think they wrote a silly corner into the universe they created and the only way around that is to rely on Douglas Adams: "Space is big, really big..." A new galaxy was needed because the Reapers won and now we are all some variation of what they wanted (because green was the best ending if you follow Bioware RPG logic) and it is a boring place now. We need new areas to bring our superior brand of synthesis existence. I have no desire to play this game. ME universe is a bland place that holds no appeal for me anymore. I get that the journey is important but if I get into an accident at the end of a road trip the journey has to be pretty damn good to get over the accident, and ME 3 tainted all of that.

View user profile

38 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:39 pm

Watched the teaser one last time and found some interesting things in the background.

Observations:
:12 Bird critters in the sky
:25 Baby elephant sized bulbous critters walking around
:31-:33 Eight-winged flying critter
:44-:47 Two of the white dots on the screen (connected by a line only to the "FTL Destination") move across the screen
:49 FTL Drive engages
:50 Massless corridor opens, and travel begins
:55 FTL trip ends in orbit over target planet
1:03 Carnifex pistol pulled out
1:11-1:12 Mako pulls a sharper 90 degree turn than the previous model
1:16 Jump pack introduced
1:27 Female human (wearing Ashley William's armour) and krogan squadmate
1:28 Particle beam glanced off of lip of bubble-shaped kinetic barrier

View user profile

39 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:46 pm

There is one thing which really distrurbs me. It is a nitpick but those fire lava thingies rising into the sky as some columns seem very hockey. Mass Effect relatively a hard science sci fi (yeah, right) all of Andromeda seems going into another direction.

Not a bad thing per say, its just everything concerning this game i am just WHY!?

View user profile

40 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:41 am

If anyone here hasn't heard my opinion during Lorerunner streams, or wasn't clear on what my opinion was, let me just clarify before continuing: the Mass Effect trilogy is dead to me and Casey Hudson's name is a stain on the pride of the gaming industry.

Let's not rehash the ending to ME3. Having said all that, If they stick to Destroy as the one canon ending, or choose not to address it, it can be salvaged. It would just rely on the following:

• The Choice having no affect Andromeda
  • Not even hint at The Choice or Star Child in Andromeda
  • Not ever showing us or having us play as Shepard, or any established character from the trilogy
  • Not one character talking about any of the events of the trilogy, as far back as any Collector involvement or the discovery of the beacon on Eden Prime.
  • Not showing us any of these events in "previously" or flashbacks. I want to cover all the bases.
  • Never playing any level or segment of the game outside of the Andromeda galaxy.

The further away they stay from the trilogy, the better I will fare in pretending it never happened when I play Andromeda. I would also have to hear what die-hard fans of Mass Effect 1&2 have to say about it once they've seen the ending.

I mean, yes, it sounds plausible. The Mass Relays were just one way of interstellar/galactic travel invented by the squid heads. They could have been reverse engineered to gain an understanding of the technology needed to invent a new method of interstellar travel.

View user profile

41 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:13 am

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

42 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:09 pm

I wonder if EA will have the audacity to put out another "Prothean" DLC at launch.

View user profile

43 Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:16 pm

I've said it before, I'll say it again; there are (in my opinion) two ways to salvage Mass Effect. Erase and redo ME3 (ludicrously improbable) or leap off and do something utterly unconnected to the trilogy. I've also said ME:A is a good (theoretically) way to do that.

*pauses to sip Canada Dry*

But the problem there is that, as has been mentioned, they keep referencing the original trilogy. Now, let's examine this, because this is a bit of a grey area. It's a long documented fact that there's a difference between references to previous works which are good, and references yadda yadda which are bad. This usually boils down to the individual preference of whoever is making the call on it but there are a few key signs. For example, if you make light or quick references to previous things and don't "wink at the camera" literally or otherwise, that tends to be good. The people who get it nod and grin, the people who don't barely notice anything. By contrast, the total opposite in one of its two forms tends to be pandering, rather than really referencing. For example, inundating the sequel or whatnot with references to the original to the point where it's flooding the audience's attention, or making each reference incredibly obvious and blatant to the point where it's obnoxious.

I bring this up because I've only seen a few things about ME:A so far and honestly I'm torn as to which direction I feel they're going with it. They're clearly and obviously showcasing things to appeal to ME fans directly... but I can't quite decide how blatant they're being with it yet.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum