Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows 10 Thoughts

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Windows 10 Thoughts on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:36 am

My guess is that my hardware was being held back by Win7 OS architecture, so in my case I can see the gain in performance.

Also, the Win7 -> Win10 jump is considerably bigger than a Win8 -> Win10 jump, explaining why I feel Win10 is much better, but previous Win8 users don't.

And I'm sad to say that update not always working has been a Windows thing since they added updates, so it's not a Win10 thing only. Same goes with messing around with startup programs.

Finally, the DirectX problems: I have yet to find one, so I have nothing to comment on it.

View user profile

27 Re: Windows 10 Thoughts on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:33 am

Oh yeah, I know updates have always been an issue with Windows, and I've had my various laptops get hung up on updates before... Just never had one get hung up on a restart!

-- It wasn't a huge jump from 8.1 to 10, the main differences are the start menu is back to a menu instead of a whole page, and there's a search bar on your toolbar. There are some other differences (how to manage settings, for example) but I really like the start menu going back to just a menu and not a whole screen of its own. Haha

View user profile

28 Re: Windows 10 Thoughts on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:47 am

That restart thing has been happening to me too. It hasn't been too big of a deal because I just use Shutdown from the start menu. When I have to restart due to an update, I have to do a hard boot, but it does apply the update when I turn my laptop back on. Boot ups take longer when I have to to the hard restart, though.

It's very annoying, but isn't game breaking... yet.

View user profile

29 Re: Windows 10 Thoughts on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 am

Well I use shutdown from the start menu too, it's when it gets hung up after the updates that scares me. So far so good, it only happened the one time because I've only had one set of updates be applied, but since it's NEVER a good idea to do a hard boot after updates it's just scary! But so far so good!

My browser does run a little better in windows 10 though, I noticed. I have like 30 tabs up at a time or more and so far it hasn't crashed or slowed down, so for as long as Chrome keeps cooperating I'll deal with the hang up on startup! Hahahaha

View user profile

30 Re: Windows 10 Thoughts on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:55 pm

i still havent jumped i am still waiting on what happened over the next bit of time odds are ill have to pay for the Enterprise but well see.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum