1) Read up about the Qun

2) Make Qun character

3) Make him a mage

4) Realize there is no origin story

5) No one notices a Qun Mage

5) Quit the game kek

View user profile

2 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 pm

That's a rather shallow tolerance towards the game.

It's a great game.

View user profile

3 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:04 am

Of course I'm only half joking. I was very disappointing with the lack of proper backstory regarding my character.

Of course I'm more than happy to continue to finish the game with a different race. Though, I wonder if anyone would notice later on....

View user profile

4 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:26 am

Maz wrote:That's a rather shallow tolerance towards the game.

It's a great game.

No, Maz, it is a bad game.

They worked really, really hard to give us a great RPG to compete with the classics.

The "open" world was unintentionally cold and sterile. The companions come nowhere close to competing with the group from DA2. Corypheus was already defeated in a DLC that's superior to DA:I as a whole in every single way. The story was supernaturally unforgettable. Ugh.

They failed miserably.

But it was a good failure. It was the kind they'll learn from. And what counts most is that they tried and applied themselves. The team, not the game, earns my respect.

View user profile

5 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:48 am

No, Inquisition is a good game and a decent RPG. It's not great, by any means, but people REALLY need to stop holding Bioware to the standards they set a decade ago. Those days are over: move on.

Which is really nice because Bioware's latest offerings have either been bad games (the last Dragon Age) or bad RPGs (Mass Effect) or both.

View user profile

6 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:12 am

Arsene Lupin wrote:No, Inquisition is a good game and a decent RPG. It's not great, by any means, but people REALLY need to stop holding Bioware to the standards they set a decade ago. Those days are over: move on.

DA:O and DA2 weren't a decade ago.

And don't you ever dare tell me to move on with my life having lower standards.

View user profile

7 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:47 am

I will never understand how some people can like Inquisition, more so than Mass Effect 3.

I spent close to 100 hours playing with a single character. As I was playing I was kinda enjoying it. I was happily runnng around the forests of Emerald Graves or the frozen wastes of Empire de Leon collecting elfroot, with Dorian and Iron Bull by my side, slaying templars and dragon right and left.

Then, I finihsed the game. I looked at the save file and felt cheated of my time and my experience. Beyond 3-4 main story missions (the orlais court, the grey warden mission etc), the dragon fights and retaking the keeps, the game had nothing to offer. All the good parts kinda existed int he vacuum with nothing to support them.

There were entire sections of the game which were completely useless and misable. The war table was badly implemented. Corypheus, beyond one line, was a joke. The ENding was a joke. The last mission was stupidly rushed and buggy. Corypheus and the dragon just stood there for half and hours as i was beating them. The EPilogues were buggy and lack luster.

And dont get me started on loyalty missions, they were pathetic. Iron Bulls missions, especially stands out as the worst mission in gaming I saw in a long while.

Ultimately, Inquisition is probably not a bad game, but it is lack luster waste of time which does little to move the story of Dragon Age forward, which answers little questions, created more questions, and the story doesnt flow naturally. As well as it has many gameplay inconveniences which other RPGs do not have.

Bioware is not what it used to be, but it doesnt mean that we should accept it.

View user profile

8 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:46 am

Arsene Lupin wrote:...but people REALLY need to stop holding Bioware to the standards they set a decade ago. Those days are over: move on.
Are you suggesting that we should lower our standards?  'Cause its attitudes like that that will help bring about the market crash sooner rather than later.

@OmegaSpruz
Am I remembering correctly that the Orlais Court mission ultimately solves itself with the conspirator revealing herself to the entire crowd?

My Experience with DA:I
1.Killed every party member possible in first two games (I was playing two complete a**hole noble characters).
2.Walked out of the room during the DA2 ending (I was tired of that horrific last arc of the game).
3.Pop DA:I into disk tray.
4.Wonder aloud how Leliana, Zevran, Fenris, Sten, and Merrill are all still alive.
5.Search online for answer.  Find David Gaider's answer on Twitter.  "It's our story.  We'll do whatever the f*** we want with it." (Obvious paraphrasing)
6.Perform drive-by disk throwing on local Gamestop yelling, "Glad I didn't PRE-ORDER this s***!"

P.S. For the record, I did in fact enjoy DA2 (except that post-Qun arc).  But, I do not equate enjoyment with quality.

View user profile

9 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am

SilverDragonRed wrote:Am I remembering correctly that the Orlais Court mission ultimately solves itself with the conspirator revealing herself to the entire crowd?

Yeah he kinda did. It was also obvious who it was, nonetheless the mission overall was quite enjoyable and there were a lot of outcomes concerning who is the leader of orlais afterwards.

One thing which annoyed me about it, is that I went to Exalted PLains first, the battlefield area, and solved all problems there and saved both sides. Nobody than mentioned it during the court mission (like most missions it was in a vacuum) the civil war plot was brushed to the site for the majority of the game.

Also SilverDragonRed brings up a good point that for the series of games, much like another Bioware title set in the not so far distant future, which praises itself on choices, the choices didnt really matter and answer similar to Gaider concerning Leliana and the Co. for me personally just show how disconnected the developers of Bioware are right now from their player base.

I hope one of their future games turns out to be actually good. I am just not sure that it will. And I am scared that Bioware games are doomed to the realm of mediocrity for the forseeable future.

View user profile

10 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Dragon Age Inquisition is an okay game, but it's meandering to the point where it feels trivial.

Last edited by ZGoten on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

11 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Uh... there's a difference between having standards and holding someone else to a certain standard. Bioware used to make great RPGs. Now they make mediocre-to-good RPGs. Ergo it's silly to get mad at them for not making great RPGs anymore. It's been more than a decade: it's time to move on.

Harrold Andraste wrote:
Arsene Lupin wrote:No, Inquisition is a good game and a decent RPG. It's not great, by any means, but people REALLY need to stop holding Bioware to the standards they set a decade ago. Those days are over: move on.

DA:O and DA2 weren't a decade ago.

And don't you ever dare tell me to move on with my life having lower standards.

I'm not saying any of the things you think I'm saying.

View user profile

12 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Well, DA:I was a good game for me for the first Playthrough, but I can´t bring myself to play again through all of it (especially the Hinterlands ...).

And after playing The Witcher 3 I personally set my bar a lot higher to be honest. Especially for sidequests.

View user profile

13 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Wow the tone of some replies is...harsh. I think it is okay to like what ever you want. I for one like DA 2 but found it a fairly shallow game with one or two likable characters and nothing close to Origins. Bioware made a mistake by calling it Dragon Age 2. It should have been called DA: The Free Marches or something like that. By setting up the idea of sequel, and rushing production, they doomed it to failure. The Warden's story was not over but they did not want to tell it anymore, or "we have Shepard, we don't want another Shepard."

With all that said I think DAI is better than ME3 because it does not dive bomb a trilogy and lose narrative coherence at the expense of bringing in MP and new customers. It is not perfect but I did like it better than 2. The world was way to early style MMO with fetch quests and the like. I did find myself liking the characters but sometimes the interactions felt shallow and there was no way to earn respect if you disagreed with them. Overleveling became a problem if you spend to much time in one area and the Winter Ball section was terrible.

Still it was a solid game and something to build on for the future. If the Inquisitors story is not done. Because they love to move on to new characters. If only GRRM had their desire to move on to new things maybe ASOIAF would be finished. Wink

View user profile

14 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Inquisition was a good game but they made a huge mistake with the whole MMO style quests etc if they spent the resources from creating all these side areas and such I feel they could have improved the flow and story of the game a ton but yea its not a Great game but I still enjoyed it more then origins or DA2 oddly well origins in alot of ways is the best DA game I had the least enjoyment from playing it where as DA2 and Inquisition I had so much fun playing them which to me is the most important part of a video game.

View user profile

15 Re: My Experience With DA: Inquisition on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Isn't it a classic bioware game? Decent gameplay, fantastic story. I actually enjoyed Inquisition immensely.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum