Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 1:22 pm by Luslanz

» Turn 1-1068
Yesterday at 7:07 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 2-1068
Yesterday at 12:52 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:34 am

I have no idea how this works so I'll need an adult.

These were the universe's i wished to play in.

Fallout (Capitol Wasteland/South Nevada, Mojave wasteland)
Elder Scrolls (Skyrim/Cyrodill/Vvardenfell)
Starwars (Cold War/Prequel trilogy/OT and beyond)
D&D

I personally know nothing about these titles, but still leave it up...

Cyberpunk 2020
Paranoia
Numenera
The Mutant Epoch

I've also found some great resources that'll I'll be using for the campaign.
DMBasicRulesv.0.3.pdf
http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/HoardDragonQueen_Supplement_v0.3.pdf
http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/players-basic-rules

Last edited by TheSterlingZ on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:27 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 am

First you need someone to volunteer to GM. I'm... not going to volunteer for that, I'm already strapped for time as is and GMing two campaigns in the same world as is. Unless you want to hit up a module, I think I could handle that.

Second, you need to decide on ruleset. This is more malleable than you'd think; even if you chose, for example, a fantasy setting you could use 3.5, 4, or 5th edition D&D easily or (if you prefer) GURPS or Friday Night Firefight or a dozen other d20, d10, or d6 rulesets.

Third, you need people willing to play! I know people on my stream mentioned interest so hey, I'm all about fostering social entertainment.

Fourth, you need to keep in mind the three rules of D&D. Rule 1: GM's word is law. Rule 2: No Drama. And Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.

3 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:33 am

I'm down to GM.

Gotta wait for my fellow peeps to join up first.

View user profile

4 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm down for giving it a shot,

I mostly only know DnD tho.

View user profile

5 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:29 pm

My own personal requests for nominee game candidates are:

D&D
Cyberpunk 2020
Paranoia
Numenera
The Mutant Epoch

I'm keeping an eye on this thread for any updates, exciting times.

View user profile

6 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:14 am

Hi Guys!

Never played any pen-and-paper RPG-s before, but I'd really want to try. So if you have the patience for a beginner, I'd love to play!

View user profile

7 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:44 am

Four people sounds like a good party to start off with (don't want it too large if you're not experienced with that sort of thing). So let's establish two things first off, both of which have to be determined more or less at the same time; Ruleset and Setting, which are not necessarily tied together (I have, for example, seen people do Cyberpunk 2020 rules in non-Cyberpunk settings). Considering we have some people who've never done this before let's simplify rulesets to start, so some basic options are:

Rulesets
D&D 3.5
D&D 4.0
D&D 5.0
Cyberpunk 2020
Pathfinder
Mutants & Masterminds

As for settings... well this ultimately comes down to three choices:

Settings
Custom world
Custom adventure in existing world
Module in existing world

I can't setup a poll in an existing thread so feel free to make your voice heard, or be forever lost.

8 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm enjoying DnD 5.0 so I'm game for that and I'm pretty much cool with any of those three settings.

View user profile

9 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:48 am

I trust you on the ruleset. I say custom adventure or maybe custom world

View user profile

10 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Problem with custom ruleset and custom world is that it take metric crapton of time to develop, and not many of us have time to do so.
Also if you need another one I would be happy to join.
If some of you are starting I would recommend starting with premade D&D modules for your first Adventure just to get the feeling of rules/combat and also your fellow players(their style, type of game they tend to play[dungeon crawl, humor focused story, plot driven onte etc])

Also if you are playing DnD, Don't Get On Freaking Boat.
DM will fuck you, bcuz hey, who takes swiming and athletics on wizard, right?

View user profile

11 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:11 pm

I understand. I leave to the GM to decide if he has the time to maked anything custom. Anything you play I'm in!

View user profile

12 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:40 pm

I haven't roleplayed in a very long time.

No one to play with.

How would RPing on here or online work exactly?

View user profile

13 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:10 pm

I'm going to go ahead and step in as manager here and say we're going to use D&D 5.0, an excellent system which is easy to pick up for the new people and well designed and familiar for the veterans. Second, let's go ahead and START in a module or two before branching out.

Methodology varies based on preference. Over in my Primus forum campaign, non combat stuff was fairly simple and primarily roleplaying. In combat would involve a flurry of posts, usually in the format of:
GM says what's happening
Player 1 takes action
GM describes result of Player 1's action and states that it is Enemy A's turn, then posts Enemy A's turn and states that it is Player 3's turn
Player 3 posts their action
GM describes... etc.

It's a bit slow at times, but great for roleplaying I've found. Usually statements like this are IC, or In Character...
OOC:
...whereas statements like this are OOC, or Out Of Character.

So. Who wants to GM? Don't ask me to... I'm already at the point of literal exhaustion every day from the stuff I'm already doing, and I already chopped Loreruns off the block for now.

14 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Since I'm hosting, its only fair for me to GM. Plus, I like playing God.

View user profile

15 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:32 pm

My life is in your hands now...or rather my characters...after I create one

View user profile

16 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Well it sounds like fun, but how exactly does one go about running a campaign on a forum?

View user profile

17 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Well if we are going to use DnD thats fine with me, I recently got my hands on monster manual and player's handbook.

Also @SterlingZ as DM/GM i would ask you to set some ground rules like no evil aligned characters in party(trust me thats must have rule, there is always some1 trying to bring Assassin class into pt).

Anyways im up for some fun if im accepted Very Happy didnt roleplay in ages and last group fell apart when our paladin had thrown a fit.

View user profile

18 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:17 am

Visette wrote:Well if we are going to use DnD thats fine with me, I recently got my hands on monster manual and player's handbook.

Also @SterlingZ as DM/GM i would ask you to set some ground rules like no evil aligned characters in party(trust me thats must have rule, there is always some1 trying to bring Assassin class into pt).

Anyways im up for some fun if im accepted Very Happy didnt roleplay in ages and last group fell apart when our paladin had thrown a fit.

Of course you're accepted to play. It depends on the setting we chose, but I'll just outright ban chaotic evil right off the gate. Now its just a matter of choosing the setting. My vote goes for Fallout (Mojave region) and Elderscrolls (Vvardenfell mid 3rd era). Once we all agree the characters can start rolling in and the RP will start.

View user profile

19 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:55 am

Well my vote goes for Elderscrolls, it would be easier to play with DnD rules and makes more sence i can see bard(class) in Vvardenfell for example(also i prefer fantasy settings but its hush hush Embarassed)

View user profile

20 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:09 am

Well I kinda want to play a wizard, or a warlock, so anyway we can play in like say Faerun?

View user profile

21 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 am

Faerun would be nice for few first sessions(cause we can use premade adventures) than we could use some spelljamer ship or something to move to other worlds Very Happy(also i want to play a bard so yeah Faerun would be nice)

View user profile

22 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:06 am

Well I dont know too much about Elder Schrolls setting (I played Oblivion) or about Fallout (Im playing Fallout 3 now) but a character from Faerun has no in-character knowledge about those places, so if we somehow end up there it would fit the role. I vote for Elder Schrolls

View user profile

23 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:18 am

Well that's two votes for Elderscrolls and two for DnD. The next person to come along will decide. You guys (Venter, Visette, and Berenion) are already in, while Royting and Scotgamer have priority until wednesday. I'd suggest thinking of characters in the meantime while I research.

View user profile

24 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:19 am

The only problem we would ecounter would be cleric's access to his/her divine, but im sure there is some way around it(bards can heal in somewhat limited fashion, same with druids) but again all is up to DM, also i wouldnt mind stroll across The Cage(Sigil)

I have my character rolled up already so thats not a problem(at least for DnD setting)

Edit: Here's some help for character creator,character sheets(can't post links so google DnD 5 character sheets and click 1st link) for 5ed DnD, you just fill blanks and save it, you can edit them at any given time(in combat, when you lvl up)

I suggest that players send their sheets to SterlingZ when they finish their Characters.

Protip: use CharacterSheet_3Pgs_ Complete.pdf

View user profile

25 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:42 am

After some thought I think I will bow out of actually playing in this campaign. The larger the group the more unwieldy it is (and far harder to balance encounters) and you're already looking at a 5 strong group, which is what I usually consider the upper limit unless you're really experienced. So I hope you guys have fun with it.

btw: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets For that link.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum