» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingdom Hearts - General Speculation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kingdom Hearts - General Speculation on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:35 am

SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE KINGDOM HEARTS SERIES LIE WITHIN. BE WARNED, ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

Since we've had an increasing amount of Kingdom Hearts-related discussion on the stream, perhaps due to the upcoming lorerun, I figured I might as well start a thread for theorycrafting and speculation of the series as a whole, leading up to the release of Kingdom Hearts III. So, let's have at it and discuss our theories and thoughts.

View user profile

2 Re: Kingdom Hearts - General Speculation on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:23 am

I still think Riku 'fits' for Body but not perfectly like Sora and Xigbar do. Still debating that idea.

3 Re: Kingdom Hearts - General Speculation on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:18 pm

I've been mulling it over for the past few hours as I've been finishing up some other stuff, and I think that the actual "body" portion of the Kingdom Hearts entity may actually not be anyone familiar.

If we look at the results of the Keyblade War, it's said that Kingdom Hearts was lost to the realm of darkness and never surfaced again. Of course, we think that the heart and mind of Kingdom Hearts endured as Sora and Xigbar respectively. It's not all that farfetched to say that the rest of Kingdom Hearts is still physically in the realm of darkness, and never managed to manifest itself as a third individual.

Admittedly, there's not much ground for this theory to stand on, but there are a few things I'd like to bring up. First, the fake Kingdom Hearts entities we see throughout the series may actually be physical manifestations of the true Kingdom Hearts upon further analysis. It's not unreasonable to think that Xehanort's magic or a sufficient number of amalgamated hearts can temporarily drag what's left of Kingdom Hearts out of the realm of darkness. Of course, without the other two pieces of itself, all it can do is sit there; there's no real power for it to call upon in either case. I'd argue that all three components need to be present (and probably merged) for that to happen. And who knows if Xigbar or Sora are even aware of their condition, if these theories turn out to be true?

If I had to pin that status onto an actual character, though? Well, I'd say it'd probably be Riku. As was mentioned on the stream, he's never been split into any alternate beings like a Heartless or a Nobody (and no, Repliku doesn't count). He's also one of the very few people who is able to remember Sora during the events of 358/2, something not even Kairi could do. There's got to a more substantial connection there than a simple friendship, and that's where I think the theory of the various pieces of Kingdom Hearts comes into play. Of course, I could just be overthinking that, because Riku DID make frequent trips back to DiZ and Namine, so it's possible that he had constant reminders of Sora and was never really at risk of forgetting him anyway.

The only thing that undermines the theory of Riku being an aspect of Kingdom Hearts, is that Ansem SoD possessed him in order to gain a physical form, and he never even suspected that Riku could be anything greater than a stepping stone for him. You could also make the argument that a being based around the physical aspect of the setting's strongest entity probably wouldn't lose control of his OWN body, so there's that, I suppose.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum