Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:26 pm

The member 'Berenion' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'D20' : 18, 14, 20, 8, 20, 13

View user profile

52 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Again, you can wear full plate armor, also what are you going to fight at lvls 1-5? kobolds? goblins? God forbid some GIANT RATS?

But seriously, in AD&D wizards had 1 spell, ONE, they blown their load and they were done, Wizard is supposed to be crowd controler, AoE devastator, now he does more dmg than warroir or constantly backstabing rouge, thats just stupid, and dont forget this ridiculous fact that familiars can be used for touch spells....

View user profile

53 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:30 pm

Can I keep these as my stats?

View user profile

54 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Visette wrote:Again, you can wear full plate armor, also what are you going to fight at lvls 1-5? kobolds? goblins? God forbid some GIANT RATS?

But seriously, in AD&D wizards had 1 spell, ONE, they blown their load and they were done, Wizard is supposed to be crowd controler, AoE devastator, now he does more dmg than warroir or constantly backstabing rouge, thats just stupid, and dont forget this ridiculous fact that familiars can be used for touch spells....

You have to take a feat to get those proficiency in armors since I'm pretty sure other than cleric none of them start with any.

So that means at level 4 a wizard can get medium armor and then at level 8 he can get heavy armor, instead of getting different feats or stat increases.

So go and look back at AD&D, look at how incredibly weak wizards were back then.

That said you don't know what you're talking about if you think a single 1d12 is broken, since a rogue can easily do more with a sneak attack, IE 1d8(rapier) + 1d6(sneak) +5dex OMG NERF!

Barbarian 1d12(Greatax) + 2(Rage) + 5str OMG NERF!

Two classes that both have more hp and probably AC than a wizard,

View user profile

55 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:43 pm

whats the problem? just dual class at lvl for fighter or better start as fighter then multiclass to wizard and you are home pretty much, also take into account that warrior/rouge have linear progress while wizard gets more and more powerfull with each level(gaining more powerfull spells, more slots and more options).
Warrior can pretty much hit dem things with his weapon, Spellcasters..they can do pretty much anything, why use rouge whey you have knock spell, why scout with rouge when you can send invisible familiar etc.

I can see the appeal of playing mage class, its just not balanced.
Also you still had crossbow wands/scrolls etc in AD&D, also lvl 1 spell called "sleep" could pretty much win entire battle by itself, same with "charm person".

Also if we are "rolling" our chars ate you sure you will manage to roll 18 natural str/dex? while spells have fixed dmg

Last edited by Visette on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

56 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:45 pm

In case no one noticed, there's a new category and forum up specifically for the D&D group.

57 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Visette wrote:whats the problem? just dual class at lvl for fighter or better start as fighter then multiclass to wizard and you are home pretty much, also take into account that warrior/rouge have linear progress while wizard gets more and more powerfull with each level(gaining more powerfull spells, more slots and more options).
Warrior can pretty much hit dem things with his weapon, Spellcasters..they can do pretty much anything, why use rouge whey you have knock spell, why scout with rouge when you can send invisible familiar etc.

I can see the appeal of playing mage class, its just not balanced.
Also you still had crossbow wands/scrolls etc in AD&D, also lvl 1 spell called "sleep" could pretty much win entire battle by itself, same with "charm person".

Also if we are "rolling" our chars ate you sure you will manage to roll 18 natural str/dex? while spells have fixed dmg

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree since I dont really see anything wrong with cantrips and wizards in general.  Apparently you do. So I think I'm going to bow out of playing this campaign since I wanted to play a broken class.

View user profile

58 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:06 pm

Visette, I'm not trying to be hostile, but ... have you ever played 5e? A lot of the things you're listing out don't realistically happen in actual games or are just plain factually incorrect. I've played on both sides of the coin - fighter and wizard - and never found that a spellcaster was unbalanced compared to a martial class. I've even done the fighter/wizard heavy armor combo you're talking about and it's really not all that you'd think it is. Going in to 5e from previous editions, cantrips doing that damage and wizards with plate did scare me when I first heard about it, but it's really not anything unbalancing once you play and understand that they've balanced around things like that happening. I'd be happy to discuss the various points with you, but I don't think the game is unbalanced to the point of broken or there are certain classes which provide unfair advantages to players.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

59 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Okay okay, maybe you are right, still unfair for me, person that played old dnd but i wont argue, sorry if i was a little "fierce" about my point, won't say a word about balance untill we start playing, we shall see, my apologies to you Venters.

View user profile

60 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:49 am

I have 2 questions for our GM/DM:
1 Can I play a dragonborn? The handbook says they dont exist in every world. Are there any in faerun?
2 I rolled well on my test rolls can I keep them as my stats?

View user profile

61 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:27 am

Visette wrote:Okay okay, maybe you are right, still unfair for me, person that played old dnd but i wont argue, sorry if i was a little "fierce" about my point, won't say a word about balance untill we start playing, we shall see, my apologies to you Venters.

No its ok, I just wasn't able to really articulate myself well enough to get across my point that Third basically just came right out and said.

I guess I'll have to start rolling up my stats now.

View user profile

62 Re: Lorerunner D&D Roleplaying on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:32 am

Berenion wrote:I have 2 questions for our GM/DM:
1 Can I play a dragonborn? The handbook says they dont exist in every world. Are there any in faerun?
2 I rolled well on my test rolls can I keep them as my stats?

1. Yes, just a few
2. Hard call, I'll need you to roll again in this thread.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum