» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

KotOR Remake Rumors Mount

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 KotOR Remake Rumors Mount on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:57 pm

http://www.cinelinx.com/game-rumors/item/8086-knights-of-the-old-republic-hd-remake-coming-in-2016-exclusive.html

One of the most popular and critically acclaimed Star Wars games ever released is over a decade old now, and for the last few years many fans have been clamoring for an updated version of the game for current consoles...Well guys it looks like next year you'll be getting your wish. Come inside to learn more!

Before I get into this scoop too much, I want to clarify something. I waffled on posting this for a while. In fact, it wasn't until today where I've heard from THREE separate sources the same thing, that I decided to go forward. The problem is that the game industry, even more than film, is incredibly fickle. Plans change in a snap and things that were once true, end up being wrong. From a reporting standpoint, it's a tough call. I know of many sites over the years who've reported on gaming scoops that didn't pan out and it wasn't until years later it was discovered their initial reports were 100% accurate, but plans had changed within development.

But I keep hearing this bit of info and where there's smoke, there's typically fire of some kind...Though even these plans can change. I've heard from multiple sources that Knights of the Old Republic is getting an update for the current generation consoles...and I'm not talking about a resolution remaster; an actual upgrade to the game to make it enjoyable for both new and returning gamers. Better yet, I'm hearing it'll be coming sooner than you think:

"Supposedly we may hear an announcement Q4 of 2015 for a possible Q3/Q4 2016 release."

When I initially heard this, I was skeptical, despite a good track record with this source. It's something we've ALL heard before, and even last year Xbox head Phil Spencer said he was hoping KOTOR would get a remake, which sparked a flurry of speculation. While he was quick to add he had no control over it, since it was their IP, it didn't stop fans from hoping.

DO IT! DO IIIIIT!

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

View user profile

2 Re: KotOR Remake Rumors Mount on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:38 am

No PC? Oh well. I am willing to bet there will be stupid DLC in there, because it's EA after all.

View user profile

3 Re: KotOR Remake Rumors Mount on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:11 am

I only play KotOR on my original Xbox hooked to the old TV downstairs.

Sometimes when my Revan is on Kashyyyk the TV screen switches to static and I hear voices addressing me by name.

Is that normal?

View user profile

4 Re: KotOR Remake Rumors Mount on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:49 am

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

5 Re: KotOR Remake Rumors Mount on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:07 am

Harrold Andraste wrote:I only play KotOR on my original Xbox hooked to the old TV downstairs.

Sometimes when my Revan is on Kashyyyk the TV screen switches to static and I hear voices addressing me by name.

Is that normal?

As normal as playing a PC-playable game on a console.. Wink

View user profile

6 Re: KotOR Remake Rumors Mount on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:27 am

Harrold Andraste wrote:I only play KotOR on my original Xbox hooked to the old TV downstairs.

Is that normal?
Sounds like you need to free those Deadites from your basement.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum