» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about mods for single player Minecraft?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ok so since about the 17th i have been thinking about moving off the MC server as im having a ton of connection problems (getting timed out that kind of stuff) and onto a single player game of MC and as i wont need to run the FTB mod pack im planning to shrink down on the mods used as 152 mods is a bit much for my taste.

so far i have it down to about 60 mods that i think i will use and here is a list of them (sorry for the wall of text)

applied energistics 2 (dont think i need this)
Aether 2 (new diemention) im thinking of adding this one but am unsure
BloodMagic
BiomesOPlenty
Buildcraft
Buildcraft Compatibility
big reactors?
bibliocraft
BC builder
Carpenter's Blocks
ChickenChunks
Chisel 2
DecoCraft
EnderIO
EnderStorage
EnderZoo
Erebus (new diemention)
extra Utilites
extra trees
forestry
forge microblocks
fastcraft
Iron chest
industrialcraft 2
inventroy tweaks
jabba
journeymap
mystcraft (New dimentions)
Mekanism
Mekanism Generators
Mekanism Tools
minefactory reloaded
Morph
Natura?
not enough items
openblocks
optifine
oceancraft
Project E (formally Equivilent Exchange)
project red + Compatability + Integration + Transmission + Exploration + Illumination + Transportation (maybe)
pam's harvestcraft
Storage Drawers
Thaumcraft
Thermal Expansion (requiers ""thermal foundation"")
Thaumic Exploration
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thaumcraft Node Tracker
Twilight Forest
tinkers' constructs
Witchery
waila

so now for the Question for people that have played a bit of minecraft is there any mods that you think im missing (if so why as i wont learn anything if i don't know why) and also is there any mods on that list you don't think i need (also state why)

thanks for any responses Very Happy and happy gaming

CWR Twisted Evil

Last edited by permeus on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some more mods to the list)

View user profile
nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile
Equivilent Exchange is actually Project E from what i understand as is the case with the internet some people didnt like the mod when it first came out as they thought it was making the game too easy so they gave the mod maker a ton of flak, so much so that he dropped the project it has now been taken up by someone else (and now a third person is doing it) they changed the name and a bit about how it works but i believe it's pretty much the same mod.

i have also added one or two more mods to the list
fastcraft
inventroy tweaks
Morph
optifine
oceancraft
pam's harvestcraft
waila

EDIT: so after spending a day finding and downloading them i have found that some of the mods i want just dont work (even on there own) sadly some of them are stuff i really wanted to play with Sad so ye applied energistics 2, BiomesOPlenty, fastcraft, industrialcraft 2, Mekanism, openblocks, optifine and Thaumcraft (this last one makes me really sad) most of them wont load past the launcher i click the play button and it just cycles back to the launcher i have tryed everything i can think of they wont even load if there the only mod installed Sad

View user profile
There are a few portal mods I use that are good for quick travel and for extra storage. One of them sets up an extradimensional portal room that has all your portals in one place! It's pretty nifty!

View user profile
Me, I like doing things my way, so I recently set up my own FTB Infinity installation. And after a bit of research, I recommend these (which I've modded into my Infinity install).

You'll probably want a little utility called helpfixer which will help stop mods from breaking the help command.

Then, there is optifine which can improve fps; I'm using the latest 1.7.10 "HD Ultra", but "HD Standard" should work just as well. It does require some tweaking in the minecraft options menu (it adds a bunch of stuff), from memory I've got multi-core related things turned on, and Fancy Advanced OpenGL. My framerate was around 30 with vsync on, when the world was loaded. With optifine, it doubled.

Those are the ones I've done limited testing on (I generated a world, but haven't done anything in it yet).

I've also got Immibus's Dimentional Anchors (you'll also need Immibis Core) because they can be made from 1 block of iron and 4 gold; ChickenChunk chunkloader needs ender pearls, that I never had much luck finding. Basically, my multifarm really needed chunkloaders to work properly, and Immibus's seem easier to craft (though ChickenChunk's seems to have more configurations).

Lastly, I added ObsidiPlates which add two pressure plates. Obsidian, which can only be activated be players, and mossy cobble, which can only be activated by monsters. I like being lazy, so being able to just walk through a door, without mobs being able to do the same; Hell Yeah!

You shouldn't have to start a new world because of any of these mods (since they don't have anything to do with world generation).

Last edited by lurker4701822 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
permeus wrote:EDIT: so after spending a day finding and downloading them i have found that some of the mods i want just dont work (even on there own) sadly some of them are stuff i really wanted to play with Sad  so ye applied energistics 2, BiomesOPlenty, fastcraft, industrialcraft 2, Mekanism, openblocks, optifine and Thaumcraft (this last one makes me really sad) most of them wont load past the launcher i click the play button and it just cycles back to the launcher i have tryed everything i can think of they wont even load if there the only mod installed Sad

You might try increasing the RAM available to Minecraft in the FTB Launcher (if you're using it). If you aren't using it, do you have minecraft forge installed?

Where I have the FTB_Launcher.exe it's managed by FTB Launcher, and in:
libraries\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10\forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar

Last edited by lurker4701822 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
i had/have Forge installed

im currently using AT launcher and most of the mods that i couldn't get working now work i did a search and all the guides said the same thing and i followed them to the letter so i have no idea what i did wrong and likely wont Sad

mods i cant get to work are stuff like optifine and fastcraft but i didnt really need them as i dont have the problems they fix i was just hoping that they'd make it better than it already was.

thanks for the mods ill have a look at them.

View user profile
permeus wrote:mods i cant get to work are stuff like optifine and fastcraft but i didnt really need them as i dont have the problems they fix i was just hoping that they'd make it better than it already was.

It crashes when trying to load fastcraft or optifine?

Fastcraft shouldn't need configuration, It Just Works™. Optifine, doesn't show as loading for me (where I put it), but it adds a bunch of new options in the Minecraft Options -> Video Settings menu (and it increased my fps by a lot).

EDIT:
I just tested the RAM usage, and I don't think optifine was using more (but it's hard to compare direwolf20_17 multiplayer (external server), to FTBInfinity singleplayer (more mods, and internal server that will use RAM))

direwolf20_17 in a SP world I have (with a quarry going) is only spiking to about 50% (between 1 and 4 cores of my FX-8350 CPU are being used (8 integer cores and 4 floating point cores)). Now that it has settled, it's only using 1 core usually (13% CPU), and I'm getting about 30fps.

Optifine in FTB Infinity used more CPU (100%) while loading chunks, but once loaded, it didn't use more than without optifine. With a quarry going, I'm getting between 30 to 60 fps (it dips then jumps back up, usually between 40 to 50; although I am using a 64x texture pack with Infinity).

Last edited by lurker4701822 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile
when trying to load them they just drop me back to the launcher with a bunch of error messages i tried them on there own and with other mods and same result every time i went over the messages and the told me nothing that was useful.

View user profile
permeus wrote:when trying to load them they just drop me back to the launcher with a bunch of error messages i tried them on there own and with other mods and same result every time i went over the messages and the told me nothing that was useful.

I downloaded ATLauncher. In Settings -> Java/Minecraft -> Maximum Memory/RAM the default seems to be 4096. Might try increasing it?

View user profile
Also, if you can post the logs here, I might be able to suss out something.
(I'm pretty good at troubleshooting computer problems, though it might take me a while)

View user profile
i would post it but i dont have it as it was 3 days ago and i didnt bother to save it the ram is set to use up it to 4gb so that shouldn't be a problem but thank you for trying to help Smile

View user profile
Well, if you want to try fastcraft or optifine again, I'm willing to help troubleshoot. In the ATLauncher console you can click upload log, and it'll give you a link (in the console) that you can paste here. Or you could click copy log, and paste it within code brackets ([ code ] [ /code ] without spaces) e.g.
Code:
[27/8/2015 16:45:02 PM] Loading Language: English
[27/8/2015 16:45:02 PM] Loading Language: English
[27/8/2015 16:45:02 PM] ATLauncher Version: 3.2.3.1

For reference, the exact versions I'm using are, fastcraft 1.21 (from FTBInfinity pack) and OptiFine 1.7.10 HD U C1 (from http://optifine.net/downloads)
Though OptiFine 1.7.10 HD C1 should be equivalent; Optifine Light might have issues with some mods.

View user profile
ok not quite the same thing this one is for me trying to install BiomesOPlenty after spending two hors of flying around looking for a new place to call home and only seeing green trees and mounting covered in snow i was so sick of the same land mass over and over than i need BOP to work Sad

well here is the log i couldn't see anything but thats got more to do with it been 6am here and my brain is already in bed fast asleep.
http://paste.atlauncher.com/view/939e8997

View user profile
Looking at your log, I see you're using Vaygrim's Chance 1.08, so I installed it for testing (Packs -> New Instance of VC). It started without error for me.

Then I put fastcraft, optifine, and biomes o' plenty into the mods directory under the instance. It loaded fine, and creating a new biomes o' plenty world worked fine as well.

Code:
[28/8/2015 05:49:14 AM] [main/ERROR] [FML]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at C:\Users\**MINECRAFTUSERNAME**\Desktop\ATLauncher for Vaygrims chouse\Instances\VaygrimsChance for Forge Mod Loader

The preceding seems to be the only error. From what I have searched, it might be a version issue (i.e. a mod for minecraft 1.8 in a minecraft 1.7.10 installation).

Three things spring to mind:
1. There's a mod for a version of minecraft other than 1.7.10 in the mods directory.
2. Where you have the AT Launcher is a problem, because Windows. You might try moving it to another partition (e.g. D:\ATLauncher), or to a directory under C:\ (e.g. C:\Games\ATLauncher). From the log, it seems to be on your desktop; I have mine in D:\Games\Minecraft-ATL (not in anything Windows considers its, and also on a separate partition from Windows as well).
3. You, for some weird reason, need to run it with Administrator privileges (possibly relating to where AT Launcher is).

I hope this proves helpful, if not, well, I'll have to get better; do more research (when I'm not as tired).

View user profile
So, I did a bit more research, and there is another log file that might shed more light. In your case the file should be:

C:\Users\REDACTED\Desktop\ATLauncher for Vaygrims chouse\Instances\VaygrimsChance\logs\fml-client-latest.log

If you reproduce the crash, and then get me that log, it should have more info about the crash.
The file on my computer is 1.5 MB (when compressed with 7-zip, it's 86 KB), but my instance finishes loading, so your log is likely smaller than 1.5 MB.

fml-client-latest.log doesn't have any redacting, however, from what I can see, the only extra info your log would contain is the username on your computer. This is due to where you have ATLauncher located.

Depending on how you feel about that, there are a few options:
You could move the ATLauncher folder to C:\
You could make a copy of the log, then use a text editor to replace your username with nothing, then upload that.
You could use a compression program that has password protection (7-zip does), upload the compressed file somewhere, and then PM me the password,

View user profile
ok so after your last post on page 1 i faceparmed i was trying to use mods for 1.8 as that was the newest version of MC not realising that it wasn't the version i was using Sad so now that im using the right version of the mods its all running fine (untill i do something else wrong but ill come to that if it happens)

thank you for taking the time to help me out you have been a godsend.

View user profile
No problem. Happy to help.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum