Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Importance of a Community

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: The Importance of a Community on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:51 am

1. They call me Little Billy. Not sure why, they just do.

2. My quest? To be the very best, like no one ever was.

3. Blue. Because many awesome things are blue. Like ice and fire and lightning and oceans and mountains and skies and mages.

4. Shoe size: US 12

View user profile

27 Re: The Importance of a Community on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:25 pm

1 - I'm K

2 - I'm trying to figure out how to correct an alignment problem between Blender and the PhysX APEX Cloth tool, so i can properly export stuff into UE4. After that, we'll see.

3 - Blue? There's that autumn-leaf shade of dark red that i like too. I dunno.

View user profile

28 Re: The Importance of a Community on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:53 pm

1 - My name is Vermaeus. Yeah.

2 - I have no "quest" I'm just merely existing. For now, though, I'm just waiting for Arch to make a comeback or for Xahn to post a video regarding Arch's situation because this doesn't really seem real.

3 - My favorite Color is Red. Always has been. Deep, dark Red.

View user profile

29 Re: The Importance of a Community on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:31 pm

1 - Julio "J.J." Sousa the 1st, (Admiral of the Federation of Sol, Lord of War in The Heaven Order, Shogun of Clan Shimazu, Sith Lord, High Wizard of the Order of the Silver Twilight, Digidestined and various other commendations, etc,etc)  

2 - Improve my Wisdom

3 - Black, with White as a close second.

4 - Currently, Toyo Haranda

View user profile

30 Re: The Importance of a Community on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:16 pm

1. My name: Phillip. I tend to go by MrPhilGood, or Philgood. Or you literally can just call me Phil. It doesn't matter to me.

2. My quest: I don't really have one, except to treat others with respect.

3. Favorite color: Red. I'm a fan of the red lightsaber.

4. Shoe size: US 10

View user profile

31 Re: The Importance of a Community on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:25 pm

My name: Tyler. You can call me that if you'd like, but I know that most of you know me as Samurai.

My quest: Treat everyone I meet with respect, and enjoy a wide variety of incredible media.

Favorite color: I'm a fan of all shades of gray. And no, that's not a euphemism. But if I had to give a color and not a shade? Blue.

View user profile

32 Re: The Importance of a Community on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Name: John
Quest: not really sure what to put here...
Favorite Color: Orange

View user profile

33 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:38 am

So has this become some sort of roll call, or is it just devolving into silliness? I can't tell.
Should someone start an official roll call post? (Because I think having one stickied would be useful and informative and please forgive me if there's already one floating around that I missed/have forgotten)

View user profile

34 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:43 am

The purpose for the thread was really to remind everyone or inform those not aware that in spite of all the recent tension and uncertainty that it doesn't mean people should be timid to post or express their interests that really brought them to watching Archengeia's content in the first place. So really just a location for everyone to express their feelings on the community or things they feel are issues or ways to improve it.

As for the roll call/jokes, I made a little joke on a response of feedback of my initial post and it wound up spawning a life of its own, which is fine as long as people are enjoying themselves.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

35 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Anyone mind telling me what Third wrote or where I can look at it? Didn't find anything

View user profile

36 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:41 pm

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

37 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks, guys!

View user profile

38 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:43 pm

"WHAT.. is your name?!"

Today? Deacon, or Erudite, as you prefer.

"WHAT.. is your quest?!"

Pragmatism.

"WHAT.. is your favorite color?!"

Black: provides a solid baseline for other colors to stand out.

View user profile

39 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Name: Zeiss. I've been using this nickname for years now and it feels almost like my real first name.

Quest: enslave all the butterflies in this world and use them to create the biggest parachute ever.

Favorite color: In general, blue. But I can't resist women with green eyes. Razz

View user profile

40 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Zeiss wrote:Name: Zeiss. I've been using this nickname for years now and it feels almost like my real first name.

Quest: enslave all the butterflies in this world and use them to create the biggest parachute ever.

Favorite color: In general, blue. But I can't resist women with green eyes. Razz

PM'ed you, Zeiss.

View user profile

41 Re: The Importance of a Community on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:50 pm

While answering something on another topic got me curious as to the identity of his community since it is pretty broadbased when you think about it. We know it's Video Games, Sci-Fi, RPG's, but how do you think it breaks down?

This is what I get based on his videos alone as to what brought a lot of people over here.

1. BioWare titles (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KotOR, Baldur's Gate etc.)
2. Square (Final Fantasy, Kindom Hearts, Chrono Trigger)
3. Bethesda (Elder Scrolls, Fall Out)
4. Star Wars
5. Half-Life/Star Trek/Blizzard (Diablo, World of Warcraft, StarCraft etc.)

I'm sure judging by the polls there are others that may somehow work their way into the mix that are pretty mainstream like Nintendo (Zelda, Metroid, Mario), Comics (Marvel/DC). But what does everyone else think?

42 Re: The Importance of a Community on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:54 pm

nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile

43 Re: The Importance of a Community on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:57 pm

I would agree with those Bowmen. I was always into Star Wars and Star Trek. And all the games you listed, are ones I've enjoyed or are currently still playing.

View user profile

44 Re: The Importance of a Community on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:59 pm

For me it was FF and KH, then Half-Life, then I just seemed to branch out from there. And after about a year of lurking, I finally joined the stream at the beginning of the FF marathon.

View user profile

45 Re: The Importance of a Community on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Since people seem to be agreeing that’s the demographic of these forums, for me It was Star Wars, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age (I played Kingdom Hearts, watched the Star Trek movies, played the earlier versions of StarCraft at old friends LAN party and didn’t enjoy them very much. I played bit of Chrono Trigger just never got through it was all.) After watching Archengeia I played Mass Effect, and am currently playing Knights of the Old Republic.

46 Re: The Importance of a Community on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:23 pm

I found the channel and eventually the forums because of the Kotor 1 and 2 ruminations. I'm a die hard Star Wars fan and those are by far my favorite games on any platform. Then the Mass Effect, Star Trek, and Elder Scrolls stuff was awesome. I've tried Dragon Age: Origins and Kingdoms of Amalur but haven't been able to finish them yet. I enjoy the Marvel CU stuff but don't have a lot of knowledge in that area.

View user profile

47 Re: The Importance of a Community on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm here thanks to his Mass Effect 3 videos, but the KotOR ruminations that followed briefly afterward probably cemented Arch as a YouTuber that I'd regularly follow. So I guess I'm part of the "1. BioWare titles" group.

I also belong to the Star Wars and Square groups though, as I'm a big fan of those franchises as well.

View user profile

48 Re: The Importance of a Community on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:31 pm

BoWmEn wrote:I played bit of Chrono Trigger just never got through it was all.

You should totally make an effort to try and get through it. It's slow to start up, but it's not an overly long JRPG, and its story is utterly fantastic. I know, not much of a complement when you consider how much of a Square fan I am, but trust me on that.

View user profile

49 Re: The Importance of a Community on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Oh I know Samurai. I was meaning I played it initially way back in SNES era never got through it. Over past year or so my PS1 copy of FF4 is coming to good use because it has Chrono Trigger attached and I got by the first Dungeon, just other things keep getting in the way, but I love the game.

And as I mentioned before I consider Chrono Trigger part of Dragon Ball lore (not FF lore) due to species similarities and the South Galaxy tie in all of them share in Dragon Ball + Akira connection. And I'm a big Dragon Ball mark since late 80's early 90's. So I will be playing through it all eventually.

50 Re: The Importance of a Community on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:45 pm

So I've been gone since like Saturday, I tried to tune into Samurai's stream I was about 20 minutes late, but apparantly no one showed because there was a post I missed about it being cancelled. Now Archengeia has returned people seem to be continuing on as normal. I feel like I missed something here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum