You are not connected. Please login or register

==========

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:28 pm

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Gonna watch the pilot right when I get home from work, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the series as a whole. Let's hope CBS and Paramount don't bring down their assholery hammer on this one.

Also, Chekov and Tuvok together. Holy crap. I don't think my heart can withstand that much awesomeness.

View user profile

3 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:25 pm

I've read somewhere that CBS said no. And i hate to say this, but from what i've seen so far, i can hardly blame them.

View user profile

4 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Saw it, enjoyed it; close to a net zero for me.

Visuals were okay outside of a few glaring exceptions. Terrible economy of time in terms of writing; far too many of the beats of the story were connected by 'and then' instead of 'therefore' or 'but'. Two painful character exposition scenes back-to-back can really kill the momentum of the writing especially when they are unrelated to the tale being told.

I can't blame CBS for saying no to this if they did. You could take nearly anyone from the crew of the ship and transplant them in KoToR2, and they wouldn't feel out of place. That is pretty dark for Star Trek.

View user profile

5 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:34 pm

=

View user profile

6 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:59 pm

I didn't say anything about the lighting 'cause I thought it was supposed to be stylized. Or maybe it's just that I've seen a lot of Akira Kurosawa films who does stylized lighting when appropriate.

View user profile

7 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 pm

I've watched but a fraction of it so far. Haven't watched more, simply out of sheer inability to get interested.

And i've tried. When the first words outta my mouth were a reflexive "aw, no...!" as soon as i heard the main character speak that stupid emo-poetry on the wall, i suspected what was coming, and so far it has proven right on the mark.

And honestly, the budget is no excuse. Good writing, directing, acting, photography, artistic direction, etc, are budget independent. They show off horribly-done shots that had no need to be shown, when they could have been modest about it and stuck to what was necessary. They show a superfluous and crappy lifeless exterior of the Starfleet building, only for the interior to be pitch black, with the character(s) talking to some hologram. They draw out space battles that don't mean anything, with characters talking nonsense while accomplishing some meaningless objective.

Oh, and the chick is Khan's daughter. When you present something like that as the premise of your character, and insinuate we're supposed to give a crap about her because of it, all the while making a ridiculous job of actually making her (or the scene she's in) anything but forced, hammy and insipid, i don't think you're very good at making movies.

And i've watched only about half an hour of this thing. I wanted it to be good, i really did, but unless the movie suddenly becomes stellar after that point, they just failed.

And i hate that, but i'm not gonna sugarcoat it.

View user profile

8 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:03 pm

=

View user profile

9 Re: ========== on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 am

I think it had potential but the direction was way off the mark. Agree with all about the cinematography and editing it could have been done way better! I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either!

View user profile

10 Re: ========== on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:56 am

If you haven't seen it, they posted it on youtube: https://youtu.be/eE2Wgop9VLM
From the Official Renegades Facebook page They posted: "we engaged the top entertainment attorney in LA who has exceptional connections to CBS and Paramount. For reasons we are not able to disclose, CBS cannot move forward with Star Trek Renegades at this time - or any Star Trek series for that matter.
We have nothing but praise for CBS. Their approach in allowing these independent productions supported by fans is enlightened and progressive. They deserve kudos for understanding that it is us -- the fans -- that keep Star Trek alive."

They also stated they are trying to produce a 12 episode series over the next year, and that "Walter has decided that Episode 3 will be his final performance as Chekov."

I haven't watched the show yet, but regardless of how bad it turns out to be, I'll donate to them to keep it alive. Endeavors like this need fan support, even when they're not great, so we can show the networks we want them to bring Trek back.

View user profile

11 Re: ========== on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 am

=

Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

12 Re: ========== on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:40 am

Yeah, from what that quote said, it sounds like it wasn't released earlier because of the negotiation with CBS and Paramount? That's just me guessing though.

And yeah.... until they stop making the movies (because $$$) I doubt there is any chance of the network starting a new series.

View user profile

13 Re: ========== on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:28 am

I admit, I'm pretty bummed over this one. But more than anything I really hate being right... that line about not doing any other Star Trek TV series? That one cuts.

14 Re: ========== on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Just saw it. I hate to say it, but I really was forcing myself to get through it just to say I saw the whole thing. It seems a lot like there were wildly varying levels of experience working in different areas for this show at different times. It made it a bit of a mess, unfortunately.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

15 Re: ========== on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Any thoughts on the Galaxy Quest series that's in production?

View user profile

16 Re: ========== on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:07 pm

It sort of reminds me of the first few episodes of TNG. It looked like it was shot under florescent lights. Which makes sense, since modern SciFi is mired in corporate hell.

View user profile

17 Re: ========== on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:00 am

Yeah, we finally watched it tonight. Definitely felt like the big names wanted to be there to support the project to help get it back on the air, but the amateur writing and acting really threw it off.
I'm not giving up on it yet. I still want more Trek, so I'll be hopeful and support it as I can, but damn they don't make it easy.

View user profile

18 Re: ========== on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 am

so I finaly watched this and I'll be honest I don't think I really enjoyed any part of it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum