Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Today at 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Yesterday at 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon Ball Multiverse

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dragon Ball Multiverse on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:37 am

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/chapters.html

Has anyone read these? It's a fan fic DBZ series where the gang is invited to a multiverse tournament to fight against alternate versions of themselves and enemies from their passed. What would the universe be like if Goku never hit his head and instead destroyed humanity? What if Cell killed Gohan? There are a lot of dream matchups presented in this series that were a lot fun to see play out, and for the most part, it's done very well.

I don't agree with everything presented, but it's clear there was a lot of thought put into this series to the point where the separation between fanfiction and the real thing became nearly indistinguishable.

I just recently discovered it, but it's been going on for years with new chapters still in development. I highly recommend giving it a read if you're a DBZ fan.

View user profile

2 Re: Dragon Ball Multiverse on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:40 am

I knew about it for many years, only read a few synopses and heard good things about from others. I like the fact it’s out there to fulfill any unsatisfied needs for the fans, even though I never dig much into fan fics, I’ve always been a big supporter of them to help encourage people to be creative rather than force the hand of the creator to spit out something full of plot holes like all this Battle of Gods/DB Super stuff, lol. Appreciate the link Maz, will def bookmark it.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

3 Re: Dragon Ball Multiverse on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:02 am

Multiple versions of DBZ characters sparring? Awesome.

View user profile

4 Re: Dragon Ball Multiverse on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:39 am

nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile

5 Re: Dragon Ball Multiverse on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:35 pm

I've kept up to date with Dragon Ball Fan Service *ahem* I mean Dragon Ball Super. It airs every Sunday in Japan so usually around Monday mark it's been subbed, somewhere.

I'll save my full extensive thoughts for a topic regarding Dragon Ball entirely so I don't stray off track (I really need to get a website up or at least a blog to get my thoughts on the matter out there) but I'll just say I enjoyed how GT ended things (it gets a lot of undeserved hate do to english version messing up the music etc.) and was against any of this new Dragon Ball content from the get go due to 500+ episodes/20+ movies and specials, do we really need another 200? I still remember when I was 16 when GT finished up in Japan, arguing with AF fan boys about letting the series rest in peace, but 2015 all I can say in the words of Spoony "wish f$%#$%@ granted", lol.

Last edited by BoWmEn on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

6 Re: Dragon Ball Multiverse on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Sometimes I wonder if this comic was part of the inspiration behind Dragon Ball Xenoverse, but then again, the idea of multiple universes was explored in the original story.

View user profile

7 Re: Dragon Ball Multiverse on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Dragonball Multiverse is a great fanfic comic. The "what if" side stories are especially interesting if you're a fan of the series and always wondered what would have happened if key events had played out differently.

What I like about it most is that it seems to do a better job at growing the series with its fanbase. Whereas Dragonball Super so far seems to take on more of the child-like, comedic nature of Dragon Ball, DBM feels much more true to Dragonball Z in the sense of its tone. Having grown up with DBZ in the 90's, I appreciate the more serious nature of the content now as an adult fan.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum