Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

I've been watching Arch's playthrough of Tales From the Borderlands episode 5, and muting due to pursued music copyright bullshit came up. The message told me in advance, but what reason do I have not to be annoyed by this? None.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif~original

When will they fucking stop with this ungodly shit-shooting money-scumming assinine fuckery? No it's okay, I know the answer.

View user profile
I would edit my post, but Forumotion is messin' with our collective st'ease again.

Arch, they muted you too! Would you mind just putting up your lore run of Tales From the Borderlands to youtube? Or I dunno, here on your forum? Because A the scene they muted was chock full of dialogue and just plain awesome, and B, you were talking about stuff, and that's just insult to injury. I'm not havin' that. Not having any of that.

View user profile
Don't worry, it'll go to youtube. If it'll remain untainted by copyright on Youtube is another question, one I can't answer yet.

View user profile
OMG Jade Empire Time for me to play that(never played it before)

View user profile
For anyone who cares JourneyQuest Season 3 is currently up on Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zombieorpheus/journeyquest-season-3?refRJQd2

If you've never checked out JourneyQuest I can't recommend it enough. It's a comedy web series with high production values that tells the story of Perf, a dyslexic wizard, and his friends as they try to save the world from the Wicked Kings.

Here's a link to Seasons 1 and 2 on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB600313D4723E21F

View user profile
EVE Online based animated short story created by real gamers using obvious engine and charcters from certain games. If you have time it is worth a try. If you have never played the game these may not make enough sense though...

CLEAR SKIES 1
https://youtu.be/5285kr1J4xE

CLEAR SKIES 2
https://youtu.be/4NRJgxkK-t8

CLEAR SKIES 3
https://youtu.be/ehN1eS6HSro

View user profile
It's the very last day, yo. Here's a video for you to listen to while those of you who haven't filed your taxes yet uh...do that. Or while you freak the f*** out because you're too late, I dunno. Or while you chillax with your chillax music playlist because you did them already! What deadline? You're all set, you're aces!

Very vulgar material here, but it's all in good humor. That said, might not be for everyone here.

View user profile
Soooooo is Arch still alive?

View user profile
Really busy week for him, I would imagine. Fingers crossed for good news.

View user profile
He was moving, right?

View user profile
I expect that we'll hear something this week.

View user profile
Boo.

View user profile
Well, Snatchy, ask and ye shall receive, it seems. So, how's it going, Arch? Besides stressful, as this sort of stuff almost always is.

View user profile
And then, Arche died.

View user profile
*loots corpse* Ew, carrots.

View user profile
Only just now had the opportunity to check up on the recent video.

OH MY GOD YOU ARE DOING FRONT MISSION 3!!!!!!!!

What a Face cheers

Shin Megami Tensei 4!

OG Thief!!!

Legacy of Kain!!!

THIS WAR OF MINE! Embarassed (I cannot wait! But you will really have to prepare yourself for the emotional pit that might put one in. It's fortunately not a misery simulator, and at its best, it can actually be a heartfelt, positive experience.)

TRANSISTOR!!! (Cannot wait for your critique on the audio quality.. voice acting, music, sound direction.. man this is gonna be good!)

Divinity: Dragon Commander (underrated RP element, which will lend itself to great stream discussions; the combat may be iffy)

VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE! (I'm SUCH a mark for this game <3 )

Alien: Isolation! (I hope you are able to enjoy the game for what it is.. not a whole buncha depth, but it could be a fun little stream, won't take that long)

Dragon's Dogma! (Another anticipated one! Fingers crossed tightly you find enjoyment here, as it's sorta Dark Souls-lite with some interesting, different mechanics)

TACTICS OGRE!!! (Dude.. I want to shake your hand..)

Persona 4! (I understand some of the drag on that one, but if you manage it, I personally will find some enjoyment revisiting I think)

Blade Runner movie!

Pillars of Eternity! (.. Godspeed, dude, that game is dense...)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution! (Solid game, save for the ME3-esque ending)

OG DEUS EX!!! (Hell yeah!)

Witcher 3!

View user profile
Y'all need to check this comic out. It's called Miamaska, which to me sounds like wordplay combining the words "miasma" and "mask".

http://www.miamaska.com/index.php?pn=0

It's got this weird world setting going on, existing alongside our own, some scifi mixed in, a little low magic, and for sure probably budding young love. Maybe. There are several PoV characters, story threads that are slowly coming closer together with the inevitable joining in sight.

There's political maneuverings involved and a hint of conspiracy, stuff that it's building up to rather than saying outright from the beginning(it does not mince words about the one after a power grab though), so I know you'll like it Arch.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
I am thinking "no" to Malkavian for Arch's lorerun, at least not his first time through(but it is fun!). Unless you've already beaten the game once. Then it must be Malkavian. The great Negan commands it.

Gonna tell you right now, ranged combat is kinda sort of a bad idea and kinda sort of broken-but-functional in this game. Melee and/or unarmed is what you want. Playing a true pacifist is not possible. Get the unofficial patch from Patches-Scrolls. Or go there, find out which is the latest, and search for a download of the latest if you can't get it from Patches-Scrolls(because I'm sure that you can't anymore). One highlight is that it will allow you to have more opportunities with special dialogue options, restore some cut content, and allow you access to a certain quest regardless of your clan(references in dialogue - vanilla - to the clan in question are murky).

If you plan on helping a certain [BLANK] in the indirect conventional way to keep zombies from getting out of the [BLANK], it's recommended that you start with a clan that can use Celerity, beef that up, and stock up on blood packs before taking the quest and choosing that route. Your reward is a point in Firearms for doing that, though, and so I refer you to what I said earlier about ranged combat.

Seduction allows you to openly feed on blood "dolls" in clubs on success. The patch allows it to be used in non-'blood doll' dialogue more often, but you can easily achieve what you need to with Persuasion. Intimidatoin: even with the patch, it never comes up as a dialogue option exclusive to a given situation or with unique results, and is therefore "meh".

Dragonsbreath shotgun is a game-crasher if fired enough times in succession(has to do with the number of particles loaded or something), so it's not worth it.

View user profile
RorytheRomulan wrote:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
I am thinking "no" to Malkavian for Arch's lorerun, at least not his first time through(but it is fun!). Unless you've already beaten the game once. Then it must be Malkavian. The great Negan commands it.
Personally, I'd recommend multiple playthroughs if possible. Nosferatu play quite differently from the others (not being able to interact with lots of humans). Then there's the other 5(?) which play similarly enough. And finally there's the Malkavian who have a quite different story experience.

I played the game when it was released, 1.0, once (I remember thinking, "that opening cutscene is buggy"). The ambience/setting/world building was amazing, but... the bugs Shocked, and I never went back to it (now is a great time though; I even have it installed and everything, I just need to get around to it).

RorytheRomulan wrote:Get the unofficial patch from Patches-Scrolls. Or go there, find out which is the latest, and search for a download of the latest if you can't get it from Patches-Scrolls(because I'm sure that you can't anymore).
The unofficial patch is still on patches-scrolls.de here (9.5 is the latest version as of 2016-05-25). One thing to note, there is the Unofficial Patch Basic (fixes bugs and nothing, or not much else), and the Unofficial Patch Plus (more of a restoration project, like the K1 restoration for KotOR, which also adds user made content not in the original as well as adding/restoring some content in the game files, but never finished). Both are included in the download, and you can choose which one you want during install.

The GOG release of VtMB has UP Basic pre applied, and you can run the game without it (VtMB Legacy); it also includes the original 1.2 files so you can use whatever mods you want (e.g. True Patch). I installed UP Plus to a separate directory, copied it into my gog VtMB alongside the basic version; that seems to work fine.

RorytheRomulan wrote:Seduction allows you to openly feed on blood "dolls" in clubs on success. The patch allows it to be used in non-'blood doll' dialogue more often, but you can easily achieve what you need to with Persuasion. Intimidatoin: even with the patch, it never comes up as a dialogue option exclusive to a given situation or with unique results, and is therefore "meh".
Well, it can be good for roleplays.

View user profile
It can, but it is also a part of your character building options. Despite this fact, gameplay-wise, there's nothing that it does differently from Persuasion, nothing more than just affect the manner you influence someone and how they react differently - and never beyond the talking-head dialogue. That kind of thing turns me off to it. The opposite of what I said is true - Persuasion will sometimes be the only available option (or the only available option that works).

If, in that case, you would like to pass every obstacle that can be influenced via Social skill, you'll want Persuasion to be high, and in that case it would be a waste to put points in Intimidate - one provides more with its options of least resistance, the other offers the same but not as many. I suppose it's up to you whether you want the one that offers less opportunities to influence people via its unique dialogue options. There are other powers and skills you have to put those points in. You gain points by fulfilling quest objectives, and there are a finite number of quests in the game.

It's a hefty price to pay for so little, all things considered. I'm tempted to say that it's a waste to put points in both Persuasion and Intimidation, but it's technically not because you do get something: you get different reactions depending on what you pick, which some players may care about, but it never goes beyond that.

Roleplay and story/gameplay impact: one or the other is not enough when you have choices like this. You gotta have both in an RPG choosing to offer diversity in interactions with NPCs.

View user profile
Found a caterpillar today. Put my hand up to scratch my cheek and there it was. Flushed it down the toilet because no way was I gonna squish that. In hindsight, it will probably die from something worse than suffocation. Never been so grateful for earphones in my entire life.

View user profile
So about the update video, Could anyone fill me in about these youtubers being sued recently? I mean other than h3h3.

View user profile
I didn't even see the original video (I'm watching the Copywrong Again video where he says he deleted/made private the previous video), so I know even less what is going on.  Would be nice to have a brief summary in the video description and/or lorerunner.com.

Edit: Thank you for making a post on the website.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum